Whiskey Throttle - Mitch Payton

Yeti831
Edited Date/Time 12/4/2020 11:03am
Idk how this hasn’t been posted yet but hot damn, this is one of the greats I’ve been waiting for 🤘

https://youtu.be/LrAuwUIaODg
|
JB500
11/28/2020 3:10pm
Was definitely a good one. Looking forward to part two.
Lightning78
11/28/2020 3:24pm
I seriously cant wait for part 2!!! Been checking every day since I heard part 1

The Shop

yak651
Fantasy
214th
11/28/2020 3:34pm
Listen to about half, great listen so far. And no one interrupting the guest, nice flow!
yak651
Fantasy
214th
11/28/2020 4:48pm
I second the cliff notes comment🤩
To the point I’m at, was told how his family got into bikes, how he got into racing, who in his family earned the first trophy. how he was injured, how he purchased the fist shop and I’m at the point where he is telling how PCP and then PC got into bike mods. Pretty good listen, recommend taking the time to listen/watch instead of relying on my cliff notes!
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
11/28/2020 6:11pm
Can someone please give us the Cliff Notes?
Mitch can't weld for shit,..
mofomotojoe
11/28/2020 6:47pm
Great start! thank you.
Awesome guest, we have some technical insights, business insight, mx history insights, and fun shenanigans coming soon.
Awesome!
11/28/2020 8:14pm Edited Date/Time 11/28/2020 8:30pm
to each their own - but anyone asking for cliff notes should really give these kind of long form interview podcasts a listen! Personally; I listen to them in the car as well as through ear buds as I fall asleep at night. My kind of bed time story for sure..

Pretty much as awesome of a pod as I figured it would be.. Can't wait for Part II to drop (this week, I believe?)

Oh - if you haven't heard the Whiskey Throttle pod with Troy Lee and Mitch - click below and thank me later.. it jumps right to the good stuff (warning: gut bust laughter ahead)

Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
11/28/2020 8:26pm
Another story with an example of Honda on the business side of the sport. Mitch wins big for them 2 straight years as a new team and Honda pulls the plug. Their loss, Kawasaki's gain.
11/28/2020 8:32pm
Damn!! Would love to give a listen and hear what Mitch has to say, but it sucks pings in it. Such a shame
Gukamonster
11/28/2020 10:20pm
Ramrod wrote:
Another story with an example of Honda on the business side of the sport. Mitch wins big for them 2 straight years as a new team...
Another story with an example of Honda on the business side of the sport. Mitch wins big for them 2 straight years as a new team and Honda pulls the plug. Their loss, Kawasaki's gain.
Well Honda did win the next 4 straight outdoor titles in that class from 93-96, two with Henry, two with Lamson. So at least in the short term it looked like the way to go.
11/28/2020 10:40pm
Some interesting topics. Mitch is a man of integrity.
H4L
11/28/2020 11:26pm
Big fan of Mitch. He's an Icon in the Sport. Much Respect to the man.
The guy knows how to build fast engines.. I've had the privilege to have owned some & have also ridden a few bikes with his mods..
mmcmx
11/29/2020 12:59am
yak651 wrote:
Listen to about half, great listen so far. And no one interrupting the guest, nice flow!
Actually at first he got interrupted quite too much I think...Editor was too excited...which I can understand Mitch is an icon of the sport. Really enjoyed it thanks for the good content guys!
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
11/29/2020 1:06am
Hannah has been aproached and when the stars line up he'll blow the show right up. Can't wait.

Mitch is huge and so far it's been a great listen.
toomanykaws
11/29/2020 3:18am
GL didn’t interrupt with his SA or GP stories? Haven’t listened yet.
SoftSand
11/29/2020 3:38am
GL didn’t interrupt with his SA or GP stories? Haven’t listened yet.
Well, GL was sick/hungover so didn’t make it in. Accordingly, it’s safe to listen to.
motokiwi
Fantasy
269th
11/29/2020 1:43pm
Mitch Payton is the real deal. A straight shooter. The G.O.A.T team owner & straight up legend.

If I ever visited the PC pits I would want his autograph 100x more than any of his riders.
BigDaddyG
11/29/2020 5:25pm
Great show!!! But jeeezuz. Donnie won’t shut up!! GL isn’t that bad..... most of the time he’s a little talkative but most of the time GL has valuable input. You can tell Donnies even getting on Pings nerves. Lol. Mitch is a great interview!
Yeti831
11/29/2020 5:47pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
Great show!!! But jeeezuz. Donnie won’t shut up!! GL isn’t that bad..... most of the time he’s a little talkative but most of the time GL...
Great show!!! But jeeezuz. Donnie won’t shut up!! GL isn’t that bad..... most of the time he’s a little talkative but most of the time GL has valuable input. You can tell Donnies even getting on Pings nerves. Lol. Mitch is a great interview!
I must be the only one who doesn’t mind that.

I could listen to all these guys talk shop for hours and it never gets old.

WT never came across to me as any boring or standard interview but sitting down and actually having a back and forth conversation with their guests. Especially with Pings background at PC.

Maybe it’s just an acquired taste I have, but I love it and there’s a reason it’s the only 3-4 hour podcast I can actually listen to.

Definitely waiting impatiently for part 2 now.
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
11/29/2020 6:03pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
Great show!!! But jeeezuz. Donnie won’t shut up!! GL isn’t that bad..... most of the time he’s a little talkative but most of the time GL...
Yeti831 wrote:
I must be the only one who doesn’t mind that. I could listen to all these guys talk shop for hours and it never gets old...

WT never came across to me as any boring or standard interview but sitting down and actually having a back and forth conversation with their guests. Especially with Pings background at PC.

Maybe it’s just an acquired taste I have, but I love it and there’s a reason it’s the only 3-4 hour podcast I can actually listen to.

You're not the only guy. I don't mind Donnie or GL talking.. or quite a few things that seem to aggravate Vital folks. Ralph or RC commentating, the YZ's and the RMZ never changing.....
Yeti831
11/29/2020 6:10pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
Yeti831 wrote:
I must be the only one who doesn’t mind that. I could listen to all these guys talk shop for hours and it never gets old...

FGR01 wrote:
You're not the only guy. I don't mind Donnie or GL talking.. or quite a few things that seem to aggravate Vital folks. Ralph or RC...
You're not the only guy. I don't mind Donnie or GL talking.. or quite a few things that seem to aggravate Vital folks. Ralph or RC commentating, the YZ's and the RMZ never changing.....
I understand it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, you can’t please everyone (especially this unique peanut gallery) and I won’t dog on anyone for it.

But it just makes me a bigger fan.
H4L
11/29/2020 6:30pm Edited Date/Time 11/29/2020 7:45pm
FGR01 wrote:
You're not the only guy. I don't mind Donnie or GL talking.. or quite a few things that seem to aggravate Vital folks. Ralph or RC...
LOL ! Lots of sensitive members on this forum especially when it comes to the RMZ..

I don't mind the dialog as well between everyone it makes for an all around conversation. When I 1st joined Vital there was a member who adequately put it. Vitards would complain if there ice cream was too cold.

Anticipating part 2..
LungButter
11/29/2020 8:29pm
motokiwi wrote:
Mitch Payton is the real deal. A straight shooter. The G.O.A.T team owner & straight up legend. If I ever visited the PC pits I would...
Mitch Payton is the real deal. A straight shooter. The G.O.A.T team owner & straight up legend.

If I ever visited the PC pits I would want his autograph 100x more than any of his riders.
I had Mitch sign a figure 8 that was holding in place my broken collarbone at the 2001 Washougal National. He said “Bummer kid, hope you weren’t running my stuff when that happened.”

I said “Actually I was.”

To which he replied, “Well, we better make up for that huh.”

He whipped a little notepad out of his pocket and got my address. Then BS’d with us for a couple minutes and went about his day. My Dad and I didn’t think much of it at the time really. Few weeks later I got a couple t shirts, a pile of stickers and a 50% off voucher in the mail. Mitch is all time.
Yeti831
11/29/2020 8:35pm
to each their own - but anyone asking for cliff notes should really give these kind of long form interview podcasts a listen! Personally; I listen...
to each their own - but anyone asking for cliff notes should really give these kind of long form interview podcasts a listen! Personally; I listen to them in the car as well as through ear buds as I fall asleep at night. My kind of bed time story for sure..

Pretty much as awesome of a pod as I figured it would be.. Can't wait for Part II to drop (this week, I believe?)

Oh - if you haven't heard the Whiskey Throttle pod with Troy Lee and Mitch - click below and thank me later.. it jumps right to the good stuff (warning: gut bust laughter ahead)

Dude, I was dying from laughter when they were talking about stealing grass and being drunk on a plane flight 😂
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
11/29/2020 9:04pm
Boomslang wrote:
Hannah has been aproached and when the stars line up he'll blow the show right up. Can't wait. Mitch is huge and so far it's been...
Hannah has been aproached and when the stars line up he'll blow the show right up. Can't wait.

Mitch is huge and so far it's been a great listen.
The Hannah Matthes podcast was good too , I can imagine he wound be awesome in this format
hamncheeze
11/29/2020 10:28pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
I just finished this up. Donnie was definitely over the top with his interrupting, but I think he was just in full-on geek mode. Think about it, he's always talking about bikes and technical stuff, every show. Then Mitch is right there with him in studio, a guy who grew up in So Cal and has all of this in common with Donnie, and he's on Mt Rushmore of MX innovators. I just think Donnie could not help himself. I'll give him a pass.

Post a reply to: Whiskey Throttle - Mitch Payton

The Latest