Which privateer keeps it going?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/14/2022 5:19 AM

Everyone knows that when you ride with faster guys you get faster.

Everyone also knows that a lot of talent in the 450 class is sitting at home so there are privateers getting the best results they ever have.

Which guy is most likely to continue the solid riding and be a guy making every main next year and battling for top 15's?

My bet is Starling keeps up the solid riding. He's always had the bike skills but seems to be more comfortable with the pace.

Which privateer keeps it going?

View Results

|

Florida Trail Riders Area 4 Director
Volusia/Flagler Counties

4/14/2022 6:26 AM

I think Clason and Breece are already pretty close to that

|

4/14/2022 6:45 AM

Whats crazyfor me is Ryan Breece’s recent results given his early rounds LCQ moments.

However, I tend to follow and pull for Justin Starling out of the bunch you listed

|

4/14/2022 6:48 AM

Juck wrote:

That's the point, all those guys are battling for top 15 now. Will they be able to keep that pace/position when the injured guys fill the line next year. There is a helluva lot of speed on the couch right now. They will naturally assume their spots back in the top 10 next year which will move all the other guys back.

|

Volusia/Flagler Counties

4/14/2022 6:52 AM

Juck wrote:

McG194 wrote:

That's the point, all those guys are battling for top 15 now. Will they be able to keep that pace/position when the injured ...more

I meant that Breece and Clason aren't that far off the top 15 with a full line up. Not quite there but I'd say they're consistent main event guys

|

4/14/2022 7:18 AM

Breece has the best chance IMO, he's qualified for STACKED A1 fields in the past.

I wonder whi the next Peick will be. Does Hartranft count?

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

4/14/2022 7:21 AM

USA wrote:

Breece has the best chance IMO, he's qualified for STACKED A1 fields in the past.

I wonder whi the next Peick will be. Does ...more

No

|

4/14/2022 8:00 AM

USA wrote:

Juck wrote:

No

Yeah, you're right, Hartranft earned a factory 250 spot and is technically on the factory Suzuki team.

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

4/14/2022 10:09 AM

USA wrote:

Juck wrote:

No

USA wrote:

Yeah, you're right, Hartranft earned a factory 250 spot and is technically on the factory Suzuki team.

If I'm not mistaken I think he also started out his 250 career on Rock River

|

4/14/2022 10:18 AM

Fredrik Noren has done pretty well this year, much better than last year.

|

4/14/2022 10:29 AM

Ryan took all of last year off, so him making the main at a1 was impressive. He has continued to build all year. I think with a full field he is contending for top 15s. And he is probably the youngest out of all mentioned.

|

4/14/2022 10:31 AM

8500rpm wrote:

Fredrik Noren has done pretty well this year, much better than last year.

I didn't include guys like Freddie or A-Ray because they have already had factory equipment at different stages of their careers.

|

Volusia/Flagler Counties

4/14/2022 10:32 AM

Where's 722 been

|

"What happens to your hands when you crash?"
"I put my hands up real quick to protect my sunglasses"

4/14/2022 10:43 AM

Ronnie Ford gets it done this weekend.

|

4/14/2022 11:24 AM

Starling, Clason, and Breece have all three made 10 main events so far in 2022. Their results are also very similar.

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

4/14/2022 11:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2022 11:39 AM

Points right now:

Photo

I voted Cade Clason.

Their ages as of right now:
Starling: 29
Clason: 27
Breece: 26

|

4/14/2022 11:39 AM

I think Moranz has the most potential. He went to regular high school, fairly new to supercross, and keeps getting better. Plus his starts are legit.

|

4/14/2022 12:23 PM

I'm a big fan of Ryan Breece. He showed up at our local track a few years ago for a special one-off race we put on. He thoroughly dominated, but fit in like any of the locals working out of his van and all. He was a real privateer then and now, and earns full credit for it as he seems to have boot-strapped his racing pretty well independently all along. It's great to see any rider make it without the buckets of family or OPM (other people's money) that so many fast kids rely on these days. I guess I'm a sucker for an old school success story...

|

4/14/2022 8:10 PM

Damn, I'm having a good week. First MC and RC are talking about peak Webb vs this years Eli completely validating my thread on those two and I just listened to the Moto:60 show and Steve was talking about which one of these guys can keep it up.

|

Volusia/Flagler Counties