Which company is going after Jett?

6/16/2020 8:11am
Poll

Seeing how worth he is, which brand do you think is going to bid higher?

Choices
|
Dimblewambie
6/16/2020 8:16am
Would have to assume a redbull helmet deal like Kenny will be coming, have they done that for any 250 guys yet?
6/16/2020 8:24am
Ok I obviously missed the boat on this one, what is this about one of the energy drinks going after Jett? I know he is working on a clothing deal but was unaware of any energy drink personal sponsorship?
mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
6/16/2020 8:25am
Let's just take a minute here and think...What if Jett continues to get injured and never pans out to the superstar everyone expects him to be? I don't wish any ill will on the kid, but my gosh people are all over him.

Let's look at Jett Reynolds, he was the can't miss kid, won like 9 titles at Loretta's in 4 years. He hasn't raced Loretta's since 2017 I believe and now I think I read he got injured again about a month ago.
slipdog
6/16/2020 8:26am
He should be at the top of the list of any company that has an available budget.

The Shop

6/16/2020 8:30am
Ok I obviously missed the boat on this one, what is this about one of the energy drinks going after Jett? I know he is working...
Ok I obviously missed the boat on this one, what is this about one of the energy drinks going after Jett? I know he is working on a clothing deal but was unaware of any energy drink personal sponsorship?
I guess wearing a white helmet isn't as profitable as wearing a redbull or monster one
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
6/16/2020 9:01am
mx 219 wrote:
Let's just take a minute here and think...What if Jett continues to get injured and never pans out to the superstar everyone expects him to be...
Let's just take a minute here and think...What if Jett continues to get injured and never pans out to the superstar everyone expects him to be? I don't wish any ill will on the kid, but my gosh people are all over him.

Let's look at Jett Reynolds, he was the can't miss kid, won like 9 titles at Loretta's in 4 years. He hasn't raced Loretta's since 2017 I believe and now I think I read he got injured again about a month ago.
Jett doesn't really have a history of getting hurt. Hunter does. Even in Europe it was usually Hunter that was hurt.

Even if you ignore the speed he had and the races like St Louis where he landed on a tough block while in 2nd or 3rd his stats are still Amazing for a 16 y/o. 5 races in, 4 top 10s, 2 top 5s, 1 podium. Very similar to Roczen in 2011 so far. But Roczen was already a pro. He had almost two full GP seasons under his belt.
gt80rider
6/16/2020 9:11am
The correct answer is "ALL of them!"
RR61114
6/16/2020 9:17am
I doubt he can secure a stand alone deal right now due to the GEICO team contract, all of their deals are team deals - no individual sponsors allowed. Every inch of real estate on gear and helmets is spoken for for all riders. Once he moves up to 450 he'd be wide open to secure deals with who, ever.
Mr. Afterbar
6/16/2020 9:26am
mx 219 wrote:
Let's just take a minute here and think...What if Jett continues to get injured and never pans out to the superstar everyone expects him to be...

Reynolds has had a lot of untimely injuries the past few years, but is still a top prospect coming into the pro ranks. Your point is not wrong, though. Never know how it will play out. Going off fan expectations, there's a lot more failures than successes.
motomike137
6/16/2020 9:44am
I'd be hedging my bets on the kid until i see how well he survives the motocross season.
skeef
Fantasy
1571st
6/16/2020 12:40pm
Would have to assume a redbull helmet deal like Kenny will be coming, have they done that for any 250 guys yet?
enzo lopes on JGR last year wore a Redbull lid.
Mossy
6/16/2020 12:55pm
Plot twist: Suzuki grabs Jett and starts winning championships. CoolWhistling
6/16/2020 1:14pm
skeef wrote:
enzo lopes on JGR last year wore a Redbull lid.
Also a privateer on ktm a couple years ago. Can't remember the name
MXMattii
6/16/2020 1:34pm
Mossy wrote:
Plot twist: Suzuki grabs Jett and starts winning championships. CoolWhistling
Plot Twist: If Suzuki kept funding Stefan Program both Hunter and Jett could've and should've been on Suzuki in the USA... You can turn your program around pretty fast but if you doesn't wanna fund anything it goes south pretty fast too
TSCHAM101
6/16/2020 2:27pm
mx 219 wrote:

Jett Reynolds has never had the pace of an AMA pro..

Jett Lawrence is currently forcing the fastest guys in the world to push hard at the moment.. to beat him.

Hard to compare the 2...
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2550th
6/16/2020 3:02pm
Jetts the face of 250's not just because of his speed... its his personality that makes him the face of the supercross lites class.

However, to answer..

Go Pro maybe?

His close ties with Reed got him the Boost deal. which is committed and will be a life long deal the same as what Reeds was.

and then you have RC4 who is close with the Lawrence family, especially Jett.. there could be a Monster energy deal coming along.

But then through Jett and Krocs friendship and Jetts manager ties... Redbull is pretty likely

Also, wouldn't be surprised to see Nike involved.

JB479
6/17/2020 1:57am
mx 219 wrote:

In his entire life he’s broken two collarbones.
6/17/2020 2:15am Edited Date/Time 6/17/2020 2:16am
Jetts the face of 250's not just because of his speed... its his personality that makes him the face of the supercross lites class. However, to...
Jetts the face of 250's not just because of his speed... its his personality that makes him the face of the supercross lites class.

However, to answer..

Go Pro maybe?

His close ties with Reed got him the Boost deal. which is committed and will be a life long deal the same as what Reeds was.

and then you have RC4 who is close with the Lawrence family, especially Jett.. there could be a Monster energy deal coming along.

But then through Jett and Krocs friendship and Jetts manager ties... Redbull is pretty likely

Also, wouldn't be surprised to see Nike involved.

Jett obviously has a promising career ahead of him but I think it’s a little early to say he’s the face of the 250s. There will be two 250 titles won here in a few days and Jett won’t win either. That’s not a knock on the kid as he’s in his first year and was never expected to win a title, but it’s the reality right now. In a couple years no doubt in my mind he will be the face of the class, though.

As for the whole Nike thing I’d personally be surprised to see them involved, nothing specific to Jett of course just that they got out of the sport when they had Stewart and Dungey and I don’t see them coming back. Would be cool if it did happen, though.

Post a reply to: Which company is going after Jett?

The Latest