Which commentator has the bigger hard on?

Edited Date/Time 9/11/2016 8:49pm
Malin for herlings or Ralph for Stew?
|
jpmoney57
9/11/2016 12:55pm Edited Date/Time 9/11/2016 12:56pm
It winds me up that mallin is so biased to towards the euro's, he puts down the Americans at any opertunity he gets. Pisses me off... And I'm a euro!
9/11/2016 1:00pm Edited Date/Time 9/11/2016 1:01pm
First GP I've ever watched. During qualifying yesterday, he just wouldn't give Forkner any credit. He's 17 going against the 3-time champ, one of the best in the world and all he has to talk about is the PC engines and Forkners weight advantage.

The Shop

Sodipop
9/11/2016 1:01pm
Define "putting down"

He loves watching Tomac ride and will usually break down all the cool things he does.
RG1
9/11/2016 1:02pm
Every single year with this crap
mulletman
9/11/2016 1:03pm
Malin was a lot worse last year. He's half way tolerable this year.
DPW
9/11/2016 1:06pm
coverage is great no complaints here
9/11/2016 1:12pm
I agree coverage is great. I know Weege would be going nuts if a kid from across the pon was challenging our 3 time champ. That is all. Love the package so far, no commercials is nice.
Bosco
9/11/2016 2:06pm
jpmoney57 wrote:
It winds me up that mallin is so biased to towards the euro's, he puts down the Americans at any opertunity he gets. Pisses me off...
It winds me up that mallin is so biased to towards the euro's, he puts down the Americans at any opertunity he gets. Pisses me off... And I'm a euro!
I agree, I always cringe when Malin brings up internet posters saying this, that and the other about GPs vs Nationals. It's so clear that he has a huge inferiority complex.
Nighttrain
9/11/2016 2:09pm
Unless Langston or Windham are commentating I turn the volume off when watching SX and MX. It's a habit I picked up when 4-strokes took over. Who's this Malin guy y'all are talking about?
moto282
9/11/2016 2:15pm Edited Date/Time 9/11/2016 2:17pm
Malin for sure. But Emig would be doing the same thing about Tomac if he was announcing.

Malin kept talking about Forkner like he was from CA. Saying if he says it will be hot then it will because he's form here and other stuff. The U.S. is big and Missouri (or Oklahoma where he trains) and CA aren't next door.
DonM
9/11/2016 2:20pm
I actually don't think he is that biased at all...he used to be horribly biased but this year he's been pretty good...I do love it when he gets pissy about the camera work though! May I've just gotten used to him.
St Ann More
9/11/2016 2:23pm
Sodipop wrote:
Define "putting down"

He loves watching Tomac ride and will usually break down all the cool things he does.
Bingo! All I heard from Malin was praise for Tomac in that last moto!
elementmx
9/11/2016 5:08pm
Malin is a total jackass. All over herlings d, babblin on how hes not a sandbagger.

Then hes goin on that tomac was barely chippin away "a few tenths" on gasjer at charlotte and "who knows if he would have passed him if he didnt fall." Yeah, real mystery there after his 30sec lead the first moto. Tomac runs down and passes gasjer 2nd moto today and "oh surely this is not the gasjer we know definitely off his game from a crash."
Bineano
9/11/2016 5:12pm
I felt Malin give credit where credit was due! Herlings and Tomac both received high praise from Paul, because today they were the best in class :-)
nytsmaC
9/11/2016 5:18pm
Couldn't help but notice Malin's undertones, trying to insinuate how the GP's were superior. I laughed at the end when he was huffing and puffing about how superior the MXGP podium is compared to the US series, trying to get the American commentator to compliment it. When it didn't get acknowledged he tried again immediately, reminding us how great the 2-story paddock is and the amazing podium.. Sheesh. He sounds like a complete homer.
9/11/2016 5:22pm Edited Date/Time 9/11/2016 5:25pm
Everyone has biases but I don't think Paul crosses the line. I do think that the GP commentary tends to be a little more opinionated, perhaps a little blunter than what you'd get in the Nationals. In AMA pretty much everything said is perfectly safe and non controversial, and perfectly boring. I remember last yr with someone getting upset because Paul and Adam were talking live on air about how HRC had forked out a lot of money and were not really getting the results from Paulin... You wouldn't get something said like that in the Nationals (at least I can't think of an example). I think he does play it safe in regards to not upsetting the top brass of the FIM, but as far as getting down to the nitty gritty over what the riders may or may not be going through etc, he's a fan and he just says what he thinks.
rutsmash
9/11/2016 5:27pm
jpmoney57 wrote:
It winds me up that mallin is so biased to towards the euro's, he puts down the Americans at any opertunity he gets. Pisses me off...
You have to expect a little bias coming thru since he is Euro, but he seems to give credit to Americans...Its funny though when you can see he is caught off guard by how good Tomac was and his comments reflect that.
9/11/2016 5:28pm Edited Date/Time 9/11/2016 5:34pm
Malin for Tomac

Not much else to talk about other than Herlings when he's reeling off lap after lap like it's a training exercise.

DonM
9/11/2016 5:30pm
nytsmaC wrote:
Couldn't help but notice Malin's undertones, trying to insinuate how the GP's were superior. I laughed at the end when he was huffing and puffing about...
Couldn't help but notice Malin's undertones, trying to insinuate how the GP's were superior. I laughed at the end when he was huffing and puffing about how superior the MXGP podium is compared to the US series, trying to get the American commentator to compliment it. When it didn't get acknowledged he tried again immediately, reminding us how great the 2-story paddock is and the amazing podium.. Sheesh. He sounds like a complete homer.
Well he is right about the podium and VIP structure and the pit lane...I mean come on we have ez-ups...
nytsmaC
9/11/2016 5:43pm
nytsmaC wrote:
Couldn't help but notice Malin's undertones, trying to insinuate how the GP's were superior. I laughed at the end when he was huffing and puffing about...
DonM wrote:
Well he is right about the podium and VIP structure and the pit lane...I mean come on we have ez-ups...
I know, I agreed when he mentioned it, and it didn't really need to be acknowledged.. But when the topic was steered away from that to the racing, as soon as he got a chance he was like "Yeah, but, well, how great is the infrastructure? Please validate me."
DonM
9/11/2016 6:11pm
nytsmaC wrote:
DonM wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
I know, I agreed when he mentioned it, and it didn't really need to be acknowledged.. But when the topic was steered away from that to...
I know, I agreed when he mentioned it, and it didn't really need to be acknowledged.. But when the topic was steered away from that to the racing, as soon as he got a chance he was like "Yeah, but, well, how great is the infrastructure? Please validate me."
Being live on CBSSN for them was a big deal....Our guys fall all over themselves when we get on Fox or NBC too...it actually gets quite comical...between all the friggin commercials!
wreckitrandy
9/11/2016 6:29pm
nytsmaC wrote:
DonM wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
I know, I agreed when he mentioned it, and it didn't really need to be acknowledged.. But when the topic was steered away from that to...
Infrastructure should be five star considering ET won two WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP races for free.
MotoX85
9/11/2016 6:37pm
No shit, man he was driving me crazy.
elementmx
9/11/2016 6:57pm
DonM wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
Infrastructure should be five star considering ET won two WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP races for free.
Seriously. And idk how it is at most gps but there was ZERO fan access to the podium at charlotte. For TV only
ga_pike
9/11/2016 8:03pm
Jerry "The King" and Steve Austin...
slipdog
9/11/2016 8:21pm
I watch the races for the races and don't GAS about who announces or what they say.

The thing is, does anyone really expect the MXGP announcer, a former MXGP championship contender himself, to not praise the racers he sees every week?

Post a reply to: Which commentator has the bigger hard on?

The Latest