Which bike brands cater to certain riding styles? Specifically within the 450 class.

XG
For instance, what riding style would a yz450f be better for vs a crf450, or rmz450, etc? What bike for what riding style?
|
BobPA
7/19/2019 5:44pm
Riding an RMZ450 makes you an underdog....WhistlingWhistling
7/20/2019 12:50am
I think to 99% of people on this forum there would be absolutely no difference, none of us ride bikes to their full capability anyway
DTHA70
7/20/2019 1:12am
It all comes down to how sensitive you are to chassis feel, small changes in flex characteristic etc... for instance, I love hondas and Suzuki's because of their accuracy and responsiveness to rider input and that they're very rigid in the chassis. They just feel a bit more playful and flickable even though they're not the lightest in class.

The motors can all be made into fire breathing monsters very easily so that's never a determining factor for me.

The steel frame bikes are light on a scale but have somewhat lazy geometry that inspires confidence at speed. Their lack of weight helps in very slow speed maneuverability but the geometry and lack of "oomph" from their engines makes them feel a little bit disconnected from rider input in alot of instances.

No opinion on the modern Yamaha's I havent been in one since 13 and I never much cared for them besides the engine design.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
7/20/2019 2:36am
well you pick the wrong forum. 450? That's a curseword around here. We just buy toofiddies 2smokes and wheelie 4 days, man.

The Shop

navalseabee
7/20/2019 4:13am Edited Date/Time 7/20/2019 4:15am
I think to 99% of people on this forum there would be absolutely no difference, none of us ride bikes to their full capability anyway
I dont think your totally correct, from a straight performance (HP torque etc) standpoint you're probably right. However comfort-ability is a big thing, and certain bikes will feel better to some than others, and being comfortable is IMO the most important thing. I know during my search i rode just about every color to find the one i liked the most and that "fit me" the best. 100% there was a difference i felt and we saw in lap times.
Dtat720
7/20/2019 4:41am
I dont think your totally correct, from a straight performance (HP torque etc) standpoint you're probably right. However comfort-ability is a big thing, and certain bikes...
I dont think your totally correct, from a straight performance (HP torque etc) standpoint you're probably right. However comfort-ability is a big thing, and certain bikes will feel better to some than others, and being comfortable is IMO the most important thing. I know during my search i rode just about every color to find the one i liked the most and that "fit me" the best. 100% there was a difference i felt and we saw in lap times.
I think thats pretty accurate. Ive ridden all colors. I gel with Yamaha's the most. I can jump on a Zook or a Honda and feel right at home as well. Put me on a Kawi and its a crap show. On a pumpkin or white pumpkin im going to wreck it or quit riding
Talisker
7/20/2019 5:10am
It may take a couple of laps or a couple of days. They all cater to anyones style. You just need the patience and understanding that all bikes are just a little different. Find what you like , if you can't, find out how to make it work.
This can be achieved by more laps/hours and less whining.
peltier626
7/20/2019 7:51am
If you must the KTM is the lightest most nimble 450 and has a very usable power delivery.
kiwifan
7/20/2019 6:32pm
From the CRF's perspective (given I race one), it has the most powerful stock motor, great suspension, great handling but one of the trickiest chassis to setup, get it right and its awesome....
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
7/20/2019 9:05pm
Handy guide to picking a brand: [img]http://www.mood-chart.com/img/ios/chart.jpg[/img]
Handy guide to picking a brand:
*Justin Barcia will remember that*

This also explains why TLD KTM is underperforming. It is their combination of colours. great - miserable.

Post a reply to: Which bike brands cater to certain riding styles? Specifically within the 450 class.

The Latest