Which Tomac shows up at Budds?

Hut
8/15/2017 8:25pm
1-1 lap the field in 2nd moto Woohoo
Old-Man
8/15/2017 9:21pm
Act like the guy is Sybils son or some shit. you'll all be complaining when he rode over his head (Link somewhere) and all complain when he rides for a Championship Like Dungey did all his career. You busted on Dungey too, "Too uneventful, not a flashy rider, Boring"

Now most of you hold him as a hero now that he's retired. Vital is a bunch of kids with Hair dryers on their heads looking for something to complain about.
PUSSY'S!
joshflo
8/15/2017 9:31pm
No idea what Eli will do since he hasn't seemed himself the last few races. But I do feel that marvin has been riding on the edge a lot and think it may bite him soon. There's been a quite few times in his win streak I thought he got pretty lucky he didn't eat it
Kawi15
8/15/2017 9:39pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2017 9:48pm
I do not understand why so many people claim to like Tomac, but then want him to fail so "the points tighten up," or to lose the championship. I agree the way that he has been riding the past 4 rounds looks like he has lost his drive and confidence, Like perhaps injured, or distracted by something. Personally I hope he turns it around and starts to look and ride like we have seen he can, in just little bits and flashes of brilliance. I think he is still on the learning curve, looking to gain the confidence and focus to put it together in a way like it looks like he should be able to. I dont think Eli is at that top elite level that we have seen other riders attain, but he is close.. and although struggling I hope he can keep it together to win this championship.

With that said, I dont think Eli will take the OA this weekend. I wish he would, but I think perhaps 2nd or 3rd OA is more realistic.

The Shop

ledger
8/15/2017 9:52pm
I bet he won't hang around and help a downed rider (Ronnie Stewart) ? like last year, I'll give credit to ET for helping get the bike off said rider. Budds Creek will be interesting but hard to forcast what Eli's mindset will be.
8/16/2017 1:26am
ledger wrote:
I bet he won't hang around and help a downed rider (Ronnie Stewart) ? like last year, I'll give credit to ET for helping get the...
I bet he won't hang around and help a downed rider (Ronnie Stewart) ? like last year, I'll give credit to ET for helping get the bike off said rider. Budds Creek will be interesting but hard to forcast what Eli's mindset will be.
I forgot about that, kinda makes the guys who have their panties in a bunch about what he did in Vegas look even stupider.
aeffertz
8/16/2017 4:21am
I have a feeling MM wins again and Tomac is somewhere behind him. Then I can't wait to ask all the Tomac fan boys if they still think the points system is broken considering Marvin will have more wins than Eli but Eli presumably still gets the title.
4rings
8/16/2017 5:26am
Thought tomac was supposed to go 24-0 this summer?

he'll choke like NJ SX
jayluv54
8/16/2017 5:48am
TXDirt wrote:
Here is the problem. Eli is racing not to lose and in effect it's causing him to actually do worse then he would do otherwise. Guys...
Here is the problem. Eli is racing not to lose and in effect it's causing him to actually do worse then he would do otherwise. Guys like RV, RC, McGrath etc only knew one thing and that was to win each weak. Very few riders do good with a play it long approach. Obviously it worked great for Dungey.

In football terms he's gone into prevent defense on the last drive of 4th quarter up by 6 and is getting torched by Aaron Rodgers.

Time to send a blitz or two.
Eli just needs to say fuck it and throw caution to the win and go out there and win. Screw this manage championship defense crap. It's causing him to lose big chunks of points.

Eli needs to race to win and he will be champion. This race not to lose crap can sometimes anger the Moto gods and that's when weired shit starts to happen.

He's a racer. Go fucking race. If he does that he's champ.
matze wrote:
Thats exactly why tomac has only 1 championship. Now hes finally getting 'smarter' and it seems to work. Cant really understand your logic there.
Agreed, I think RV would have had a longer career with more championships and we'd be calling him the best ever if he was able to back it down at times and aim for consistency, rather than ride on the ragged edge every week.

Maybe it's not Tomac choking at this point or playing it safe, buy MM25 hitting his stride. He practically toyed with Tomac at Washougal and is showing to be a very cerebral rider. He stays calm and smooth much like his mentor and I think he's is much faster than people were giving him credit for. He is certainly putting a lot more pressure on Tomac to perform which MOST riders do not handle well, which is why we've only had a handful of dominant riders in the last 25 years.
Motofinne
8/16/2017 6:37am Edited Date/Time 8/16/2017 6:47am
aeffertz wrote:
I have a feeling MM wins again and Tomac is somewhere behind him. Then I can't wait to ask all the Tomac fan boys if they...
I have a feeling MM wins again and Tomac is somewhere behind him. Then I can't wait to ask all the Tomac fan boys if they still think the points system is broken considering Marvin will have more wins than Eli but Eli presumably still gets the title.
Haha, that would actually be really funny!

The fact that people speculate what Tomac we'll see in a particular race is a part of the proof that he isn't the next "guy". He will win this title but Roczen is out with injury, Dungey retired and the only 2 guys left(both riders like Tomac, without titles) both got hurt at some point of the season.

I'm going to use the classical Matthes "meeeh". This title has a bigger asterisk than any of Dungeys titles.

The argument is that Tomac is not going 100% on purpose but i don't buy that.
Forty
8/16/2017 7:30am Edited Date/Time 8/16/2017 8:50pm
4-2 for 3rd overall.

He's fast as hell but so are some other guys.

The more I think about it.....2-1 for the overall.
TDeath21
8/16/2017 8:50am
TXDirt wrote:
Here is the problem. Eli is racing not to lose and in effect it's causing him to actually do worse then he would do otherwise. Guys...
Here is the problem. Eli is racing not to lose and in effect it's causing him to actually do worse then he would do otherwise. Guys like RV, RC, McGrath etc only knew one thing and that was to win each weak. Very few riders do good with a play it long approach. Obviously it worked great for Dungey.

In football terms he's gone into prevent defense on the last drive of 4th quarter up by 6 and is getting torched by Aaron Rodgers.

Eli just needs to say fuck it and throw caution to the win and go out there and win. Screw this manage championship defense crap. It's causing him to lose big chunks of points.

Eli needs to race to win and he will be champion. This race not to lose crap can sometimes anger the Moto gods and that's when weired shit starts to happen.

Yep exactly. You never know what might happen as far as the bike failing or yourself making a mistake. Look at Pourcel in 2010. This seems similar to it. One guy way up and another starts rattling off several moto wins. Pourcel was just nursing home the lead and was content with getting 7-10th place finishes in several motos while Canard went 1-1. Well he didn't have a big enough lead in case disaster struck in the final round, which it did when he crashed and separated his shoulder. You have to race to win until you have it sewn up. No don't ride completely over your head, but don't be content with top ten either. Tomac is much better than that.
Flip109
8/16/2017 8:56am
Old-Man wrote:
Act like the guy is Sybils son or some shit. you'll all be complaining when he rode over his head (Link somewhere) and all complain when...
Act like the guy is Sybils son or some shit. you'll all be complaining when he rode over his head (Link somewhere) and all complain when he rides for a Championship Like Dungey did all his career. You busted on Dungey too, "Too uneventful, not a flashy rider, Boring"

Now most of you hold him as a hero now that he's retired. Vital is a bunch of kids with Hair dryers on their heads looking for something to complain about.
PUSSY'S!
Lmao!
Bidirella
8/16/2017 9:12am
Winning both moto's over a minute. Musquin letting his teammate by in the last lap! Ooh wait, its blake brake checked bagget! Dungey isnt racing anymore Woohoo

Just a joke people,

Tomac will be fine and will win the championship and have a nice holiday at Hawaï or something and get ready for next year! Cool
cbuehler767
8/16/2017 9:36am
Stop comparing how he's riding now to how Dungey won his titles. By this point Dungey usually had a huge points lead. 39 overalls wins people. Outdoor Dungey was allot different than SX Dungey.
8/16/2017 9:49am
mo·men·tum
mōˈmen(t)əm,məˈmen(t)əm/Submit
noun
PHYSICS
the quantity of motion of a moving body, measured as a product of its mass and velocity.
the impetus gained by a moving object.
"the vehicle gained momentum as the road dipped"

Davalos FTW
cbuehler767
8/16/2017 10:08am
jayluv54 wrote:
Agreed, I think RV would have had a longer career with more championships and we'd be calling him the best ever if he was able to...
Agreed, I think RV would have had a longer career with more championships and we'd be calling him the best ever if he was able to back it down at times and aim for consistency, rather than ride on the ragged edge every week.

Maybe it's not Tomac choking at this point or playing it safe, buy MM25 hitting his stride. He practically toyed with Tomac at Washougal and is showing to be a very cerebral rider. He stays calm and smooth much like his mentor and I think he's is much faster than people were giving him credit for. He is certainly putting a lot more pressure on Tomac to perform which MOST riders do not handle well, which is why we've only had a handful of dominant riders in the last 25 years.
RV was amazing but still could never be the GOAT. Ricky rode his whole career never backing down and more or less never getting hurt.
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
8/16/2017 10:28am
In typical Tomac fashion, he will bring the silence
davistld01
8/16/2017 10:37am Edited Date/Time 8/16/2017 10:39am
MX Guy wrote:
Been pretty "noisy" the last four motos! Lol! Laughing

Eli Tomac historically has problems with pressure. He's racing "not to lose" right now & it's costing him dearly.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
8/16/2017 11:13am Edited Date/Time 8/16/2017 11:15am
TXDirt wrote:

TDeath21 wrote:
Yep exactly. You never know what might happen as far as the bike failing or yourself making a mistake. Look at Pourcel in 2010. This seems...
Yep exactly. You never know what might happen as far as the bike failing or yourself making a mistake. Look at Pourcel in 2010. This seems similar to it. One guy way up and another starts rattling off several moto wins. Pourcel was just nursing home the lead and was content with getting 7-10th place finishes in several motos while Canard went 1-1. Well he didn't have a big enough lead in case disaster struck in the final round, which it did when he crashed and separated his shoulder. You have to race to win until you have it sewn up. No don't ride completely over your head, but don't be content with top ten either. Tomac is much better than that.
I know what you are saying, but it's not like Pourcel rolled over. He got a DNF in moto 1 at Unadilla, then comes back in moto 2 to grab the win dramatically in the middle of Canard's winning streak towards the end of the season.

During the middle of Canards win streak was Unadilla, and I was there screaming my guts out for TC

Eli had a bad round at Unadilla, otherwise I think he has been fine, let's not all freak out now. Yeah, if he goes 10-5 this week he has something to be concerned about. So long as Eli keeps it on 2 and doesn't have another "bad" weekend I think he will be okay.
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
8/16/2017 11:38am
MX Guy wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
Been pretty "noisy" the last four motos! Lol! :laugh: Eli Tomac historically has problems with pressure. He's racing "not to lose" right now & it's costing...

Eli Tomac historically has problems with pressure. He's racing "not to lose" right now & it's costing him dearly.
No offense but I'd never hire you as a riding coach
8/16/2017 11:53am Edited Date/Time 8/16/2017 12:57pm
MX Guy wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
Been pretty "noisy" the last four motos! Lol! :laugh: Eli Tomac historically has problems with pressure. He's racing "not to lose" right now & it's costing...

Every time I see a post like this I can't help but laugh, it's just funny how apparently at some races there's tonnes of pressure and others there's completely none? So I guess there was no pressure when he needed to come through the pack without a front brake at an attempt to keep his points lead? And absolutely no pressure to do well at Southwick right? A track he won at a year ago and just picked up the points lead the week before? How about when he came into the first turn in SLC in second last with the red plate? Seems like there'd be a bit of pressure there.

I'm not saying he's rock solid when it comes to handling pressure, because obviously there's situations that show he isn't, I'm just saying there's plenty of situations that also contradict that theory completely.

But I guess it's pretty easy to forget about that when you just want to bash the guy.. Unsure

StretchASU
8/16/2017 12:07pm
A month ago:

Tomac just needs to cruise to the championship. MM and BB won't make up that points gap. Learn from past crashes an just play it safe - "Internet"

Today:

Tomac needs to push hard and just win - "Internet"
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
8/16/2017 12:21pm
I think 1-1 if not something is wrong, unless Marv is on fire.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/16/2017 12:23pm
struth wrote:
Hope he has DNf in first moto n championship goesdown to last race haha
Trevor91 wrote:
agreed maybe some more rain. Marv is riding great and deserves a shot to redeem at ironman from losing that 250 title
How ironic would it be if Tomac had a DNF in the second moto at Ironman and Marvin won the title like that Pinch
LittleDragon
Fantasy
1883rd
8/16/2017 12:31pm
StretchASU wrote:
A month ago: Tomac just needs to cruise to the championship. MM and BB won't make up that points gap. Learn from past crashes an just...
A month ago:

Tomac just needs to cruise to the championship. MM and BB won't make up that points gap. Learn from past crashes an just play it safe - "Internet"

Today:

Tomac needs to push hard and just win - "Internet"
The internet is never wrong

Post a reply to: Which Tomac shows up at Budds?

The Latest