Which Tomac shows up at Budds?

RJMX834
8/15/2017 5:20pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2017 11:55am
Title says it. As a huge ET3 fan I hope he comes out like a ball of fire and puts a smack down on the field. However, after watching the last few rounds and thinking of East Rutherford I'm not so sure. what's everyone's thoughts? which tomac shows up?
|
struth
8/15/2017 5:24pm
Hope he has DNf in first moto n championship goesdown to last race haha
Trevor91
8/15/2017 5:25pm
struth wrote:
agreed maybe some more rain. Marv is riding great and deserves a shot to redeem at ironman from losing that 250 title
AHRMA361
Fantasy
328th
8/15/2017 5:27pm
It's ET3's to lose. Marv is on a roll and has confidence.

Hope for a great, close race.

The Shop

agn5009
8/15/2017 5:28pm
I hope he struggles and this championship gets close. I know it won't happen, but I can hope. I think he goes 2-1 for the overall.
8/15/2017 5:30pm
I have no idea at this point. I have a strange suspicion Marvin is going to end up champion..
ruskymx
8/15/2017 5:33pm
I'm hoping for some close racing, but I think if MM25 gets a holeshot and takes off, ET3 will settle for 2nd and not push it. I was just looking at the weather, and it looks like that area is going to get rain Thursday-Friday so they may not prep it like usual and it may be more hard pack than previous years and similar to Unadilla was this past weekend. I, for one, hope it doesn't rain. I had enough of it at Unadilla and don't want to deal with it two weekends in a row. It's going to be hot and humid so a storm can pop up at anytime here on the east coast
Casting
8/15/2017 5:34pm
I think he will ride well, 3-2, but I would love to see a mistake or bike malfunction to put Marv and Baggett back into the points
cameron96
8/15/2017 5:37pm
As a fan of a tight point chase, bring on the bad starts and the mechanical failures lol

Blake and Marv go for the W
kzizok
Fantasy
1876th
8/15/2017 5:41pm
Tomac seems to have the most problems with harder/clay type tracks where he's seems to cross rut a lot. Ive never been to Budds, but it appears to be more loamy and "softer". Those of you in the know, feel free to correct me on the soil type, if Im wrong. Having said that, I expect to see Tomac back in form if the soil is at it appears to me. I wouldnt be surprised to see him win. However, I will continue to pick MM until proven otherwise. But, I think the otherwise can happen this weekend.
jsleeds
8/15/2017 5:43pm
I think Eli tomac will show up. His dad doesn't race motorcycles
TXDirt
8/15/2017 5:46pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2017 5:50pm
Here is the problem. Eli is racing not to lose and in effect it's causing him to actually do worse then he would do otherwise. Guys like RV, RC, McGrath etc only knew one thing and that was to win each weak. Very few riders do good with a play it long approach. Obviously it worked great for Dungey.

In football terms he's gone into prevent defense on the last drive of 4th quarter up by 6 and is getting torched by Aaron Rodgers.

Time to send a blitz or two.
Eli just needs to say fuck it and throw caution to the win and go out there and win. Screw this manage championship defense crap. It's causing him to lose big chunks of points.

Eli needs to race to win and he will be champion. This race not to lose crap can sometimes anger the Moto gods and that's when weired shit starts to happen.

He's a racer. Go fucking race. If he does that he's champ.
matze
Fantasy
3060th
8/15/2017 5:54pm
TXDirt wrote:
Here is the problem. Eli is racing not to lose and in effect it's causing him to actually do worse then he would do otherwise. Guys...
Here is the problem. Eli is racing not to lose and in effect it's causing him to actually do worse then he would do otherwise. Guys like RV, RC, McGrath etc only knew one thing and that was to win each weak. Very few riders do good with a play it long approach. Obviously it worked great for Dungey.

In football terms he's gone into prevent defense on the last drive of 4th quarter up by 6 and is getting torched by Aaron Rodgers.

Eli just needs to say fuck it and throw caution to the win and go out there and win. Screw this manage championship defense crap. It's causing him to lose big chunks of points.

Eli needs to race to win and he will be champion. This race not to lose crap can sometimes anger the Moto gods and that's when weired shit starts to happen.

Thats exactly why tomac has only 1 championship. Now hes finally getting 'smarter' and it seems to work. Cant really understand your logic there.
RJMX834
8/15/2017 6:17pm
TXDirt wrote:
Here is the problem. Eli is racing not to lose and in effect it's causing him to actually do worse then he would do otherwise. Guys...

couldn't of said it better if I wanted too. he's trying to play dungey after seeing what happened in SX when really he doesn't like to settle for less and it's messing with him. like you said, go out and race
RJMX834
8/15/2017 6:20pm
ruskymx wrote:
I'm hoping for some close racing, but I think if MM25 gets a holeshot and takes off, ET3 will settle for 2nd and not push it...
I'm hoping for some close racing, but I think if MM25 gets a holeshot and takes off, ET3 will settle for 2nd and not push it. I was just looking at the weather, and it looks like that area is going to get rain Thursday-Friday so they may not prep it like usual and it may be more hard pack than previous years and similar to Unadilla was this past weekend. I, for one, hope it doesn't rain. I had enough of it at Unadilla and don't want to deal with it two weekends in a row. It's going to be hot and humid so a storm can pop up at anytime here on the east coast
yeah that's how it is over here as far as weather. if be fine with ET just going 2-2 or 1-2 or 2-1 in reality. but id ultimately like to see him come out swinging. his "damage control" can't be 10-5
YamahaJT1
8/15/2017 6:24pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2017 6:25pm
My OLD Crew will be there again... First time we "Got the OG Band back Together" Since 2004.

Last year's Budds Creek Official Shirt featured ET3. We drank a lot, put them on, and admired his effort helping a downed rider. He didn't do shit. 4th OA, IIRC.

Eli has ZERO OA's at Budds Creek. NONE. ZERO. ZILCH. Either class.

Marv is going to whip his ass. I hope otherwise.

RJMX834
8/15/2017 6:26pm
struth wrote:
I'm a fan of a title fight, but from one man straight up beating another, not a DNF.
dirtnapper
8/15/2017 6:29pm
I have no idea at this point. I have a strange suspicion Marvin is going to end up champion..
I do too.

I'm too lazy to find it but in a "who's gonna win it" thread back in May I picked MM and for some reason I think he still might.....

This Championship is absolutely ETs to lose and like he showed us all in SX.......he just might
TXDirt
8/15/2017 6:39pm
TXDirt wrote:

matze wrote:
Thats exactly why tomac has only 1 championship. Now hes finally getting 'smarter' and it seems to work. Cant really understand your logic there.
Huh? In one sentence you proved my logic but then in the next sentence you counter it?

How long has he been Pro and he has one championship. And it's because he's not racing the way Eli knows how. Take out the injury in 2015 and he could/should have multiple championships for a rider of his caliber.

Look, I'm not saying to go throw away a championship by riding over your head. What he needs to do is focus and go and try and win each Moto. He's not doing that right now. He's playing prevent defense and letting the competition back into the game.

Do what got you into the lead. Race to win. If he does that then he will be champ. Anything less and he's taking on a huge risk of something freak happening like a rock in the front disc or something.

Just like in prevent defense. Just do what got you into the lead to begin with and you likely win.
YamahaJT1
8/15/2017 6:45pm
Last year at Budds was an odd day.

Webb clinched 250, as did Roczen 450. Same day. Two Champions. Podium in an "odd" spot as usual.

Zacho won his first ever AMA 250 overall as well that day. The ROLL started there.

JC21
8/15/2017 6:49pm
TXDirt wrote:

There it is.

When we say slow down Eli, I think we mean just don't ride at 2016 Glen Helen pace. He's backed off too far IMO, it's a fine line though
cali11
8/15/2017 6:52pm
I got Tomac 1-1 plus 20 both motos. He knows it's time to kick some ass!
bama205
8/15/2017 6:58pm
Eli TwoFace Tomac
YamahaJT1
8/15/2017 7:18pm
cali11 wrote:
Ever seen ET3 at Budds in person since 2010/11?

Post his results at Budds since turning Pro. No Way ET3 wins.

The most dominant performance was 2013(?) when RD knocked the wind outta his ass in the rollers prior to the finish line. We were screaming "GET UP" to RD and RV2 won the first moto. RD limped into 2nd. Was weak, but kept on.

RD smoked Villopoto in the 2nd moto. The rest is history.
matze
Fantasy
3060th
8/15/2017 7:30pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2017 7:31pm
TXDirt wrote:
Huh? In one sentence you proved my logic but then in the next sentence you counter it? How long has he been Pro and he has...
Huh? In one sentence you proved my logic but then in the next sentence you counter it?

How long has he been Pro and he has one championship. And it's because he's not racing the way Eli knows how. Take out the injury in 2015 and he could/should have multiple championships for a rider of his caliber.

Look, I'm not saying to go throw away a championship by riding over your head. What he needs to do is focus and go and try and win each Moto. He's not doing that right now. He's playing prevent defense and letting the competition back into the game.

Do what got you into the lead. Race to win. If he does that then he will be champ. Anything less and he's taking on a huge risk of something freak happening like a rock in the front disc or something.

Just like in prevent defense. Just do what got you into the lead to begin with and you likely win.
No, I didnt prove your logic. What you said is exactly the reason why he has only 1 championship IMO.
I know what you mean and it seemed to work for past champs...but he knows himself best and I think he learned from the past, especially this supercross season. I assume he couldnt handle the pressure very well and thats his way now to prevent what happened in the past. Its kinda obvious he backed it down and I can totally understand this. From a fan perspective this is a complete different story as it makes it kinda less entertaining to watch.
Rockinar
8/15/2017 7:33pm
3-3 or 3-4, 4-4. something like that. Hes not riding to win.
8/15/2017 8:06pm
cali11 wrote:
YamahaJT1 wrote:
Ever seen ET3 at Budds in person since 2010/11? Post his results at Budds since turning Pro. No Way ET3 wins. The most dominant performance was...
Ever seen ET3 at Budds in person since 2010/11?

Post his results at Budds since turning Pro. No Way ET3 wins.

The most dominant performance was 2013(?) when RD knocked the wind outta his ass in the rollers prior to the finish line. We were screaming "GET UP" to RD and RV2 won the first moto. RD limped into 2nd. Was weak, but kept on.

RD smoked Villopoto in the 2nd moto. The rest is history.
What's that have to do with Eli? lol
KurtJ99
Fantasy
747th
8/15/2017 8:19pm
Casting wrote:
I think he will ride well, 3-2, but I would love to see a mistake or bike malfunction to put Marv and Baggett back into the...
I think he will ride well, 3-2, but I would love to see a mistake or bike malfunction to put Marv and Baggett back into the points
If Marvin gets good starts I think he wins. ET won't fight him. BB is a wildcard. I'm actually more interested in which BB will show up given his injury.

Post a reply to: Which Tomac shows up at Budds?

The Latest