Which Series will add a electric class first?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/8/2017 10:32 AM

Thinking out loud here, But which Series is going to add an electric class first?

sx? maybe drop the regular Semis? for 2 electric motos at 10mins?
mx? if they can find the time
or will it be the MEC Cup?

Thinking about it, you have 3 different brands now of electric mx bikes

zero (2013 model or earlier, as it isn't in production anymore), Alta RedShift, ktm freeride esx.

With the potential of another brand jumping in Yamaha's PED1.

Do you guys think their will be a spec series? or are they just going to still try the one size fits all and throw them with combustion engines?

|

"Life is Too Short To Last Long"

8/8/2017 10:37 AM

MEC

|

8/8/2017 11:08 AM

Monster Energy Cup is not a series. It's a one off event and if that's the case it's already been done since Alta already competed at the Red Bull Straight Rhythm event.

Personally I don't think we'll see an electric class only for a long time. We'll see them competing alongside the 250's followed by the 450's to see how it all works out before they get their own class.

Getting their own class requires a lot of riders to first believe in the technology and then there's the cost associated with them which at the moment is expensive. Getting 20/40 riders with pro national speed to line up will take a while.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/8/2017 11:25 AM

The GP series will be first .

|

8/8/2017 11:25 AM

Maybe a ktm mini series like they done with the juniors and a handful of bikes?

|

8/8/2017 5:14 PM

How about THE ELECTRIC BIKE SERIES!

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

8/8/2017 5:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/8/2017 5:19 PM

Not sure about a series, but some sort of SX or AX would be more suited to the bike and its limitations, as it is now.

I think they are ready for local MX now. As to how to classify them? That is a tough question to answer.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/8/2017 5:32 PM

Would not be surprised to see one at monster cup

|

8/8/2017 5:38 PM

I'd say Monster Cup will be next, and as for a series I'd put money on AX. Feld would probably give them a break to run the AX series just to try and draw in more spectators.

|

8/8/2017 6:37 PM

EX

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

8/8/2017 7:48 PM

http://emotoracing.com/

It's out there already.....just not MX
|

8/8/2017 8:12 PM

The alta is the only competitive electric bike out right now. However I hope KTM comes out with one soon, I'd love to try it.

|

8/8/2017 9:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/8/2017 9:07 PM

Dade City MX

|

8/8/2017 9:10 PM

Should be a class in gnccs

|