Which Canadian team will Tickle race for?

Jrewing
4/13/2018 2:53pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2018 3:28pm
I do like that Canada has gone away from FIM related sanctioners. Has this had a positive/negative result?
|
4/13/2018 2:59pm Edited Date/Time 4/13/2018 3:00pm
None. He can’t race man. He can’t compete anywhere. On anything. The rule broadens the stroke. Look it up. He’s done. No Canada for him. He can’t even race A class at a local unsanctioned event. He’s fucked.
mgifracing
Fantasy
319th
4/13/2018 3:16pm
Georgie, How in the world could he be kept from racing an unsanctioned event?
wm741
4/13/2018 3:26pm
He can race Non FIM. Hints the way Clayson is racing up there.
4/13/2018 3:27pm Edited Date/Time 4/13/2018 3:27pm
Must I dig up the literature related to Wada?

The Shop

kkawboy14
4/13/2018 3:28pm
He can race anything outside of sanctioned races.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
357th
4/13/2018 3:31pm
The issue is, if you race Non Sanctioned races the penalty can be increased for when you are eligible to race sanctioned races.

But a 4 year ban is a career ender. No matter what.
kevin204
Fantasy
3416th
4/13/2018 3:36pm Edited Date/Time 4/13/2018 3:36pm
Explain the rider in 6th place, then.

kkawboy14
4/13/2018 3:38pm Edited Date/Time 4/13/2018 3:38pm
kevin204 wrote:
Explain the rider in 6th place, then. [img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dashb93X4AM5tyt.jpg[/img]
Explain the rider in 6th place, then.

He can race but they can and apparently will hold it against you.

Maybe one day these guys will quit wasting their money with these testing contracts.
4/13/2018 3:40pm
The issue is, if you race Non Sanctioned races the penalty can be increased for when you are eligible to race sanctioned races. But a 4...
The issue is, if you race Non Sanctioned races the penalty can be increased for when you are eligible to race sanctioned races.

Wait he’s banned for 4 years???
ML512
Fantasy
36th
4/13/2018 3:42pm
The issue is, if you race Non Sanctioned races the penalty can be increased for when you are eligible to race sanctioned races. But a 4...

Four years is the current standard sentence for a WADA infraction. It was bumped from two to four years around six months after James Stewart's positive test.

WADA uses this sentence length across all sports it governs, it's based around the Olympic sports cycle.
berno929
Fantasy
2477th
4/13/2018 3:43pm
There's the Red Bull KTM Thor race team in Canada... The US KTM/Husqy race program has supported Millsaps and Pourcel the last 2 years... Maybe they could work something out for Tickle.
Jrewing
4/13/2018 3:43pm Edited Date/Time 4/13/2018 3:44pm

Yeah that's the kicker isn't it. He should save his legal costs and sign to the best team and maximise his career up there. Obviously he be in demand up there. Wada is a shit show IMO.
Helder
4/13/2018 3:50pm
How do you explane Cade Claraon then? But yes regardless of Clarson doing exacly this please dig it up.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
357th
4/13/2018 3:59pm
Jrewing wrote:
Yeah that's the kicker isn't it. He should save his legal costs and sign to the best team and maximise his career up there. Obviously he...
Yeah that's the kicker isn't it. He should save his legal costs and sign to the best team and maximise his career up there. Obviously he be in demand up there. Wada is a shit show IMO.
In Stewart's situation it was inferred by some, that he was penalized harsher in the European CAS Court, because he raced several non WADA tested AMA Nationals and Straight Rhythm after being provisionally suspended by WADA/FIM. The Nationals were not under WADA rules and he was allowed to race them until he withdrew.

But they still took his 2 year suspension and made it a retroactive 16 months. So it allowed him to line up at A1 in 2016. For all that was worth.They showed a glimpse of leniency. But if he hadn't raced those couple nationals, maybe they reduce the suspension further or get rid of it all together. When you flagrantly disregard their Almighty WORLD ruling they take umbrage.

If the results hold up, Tickle will be done (age/suspension length) either way in AMA/FIM competition, so why not race Canada if that's an option to continue making money, even if its a fraction of his current income level.
Frank
4/13/2018 4:01pm
These guys destroy their bodies every single day doing this sport. Let these guys use/do anything they want to go faster as long as it does not impair their ability on the track (street drugs). Not sure why FIM feels it is ok to rip your reproductive organs off you hips in a crash but using something that helps you concentrate is a career ending crime?

Where is WADA in the NFL? Baseball? WWE ?(lol on that one). Why is SX/MX so strict on this petty stuff?

mac3-d
4/13/2018 4:09pm
berno929 wrote:
There's the Red Bull KTM Thor race team in Canada... The US KTM/Husqy race program has supported Millsaps and Pourcel the last 2 years... Maybe they...
There's the Red Bull KTM Thor race team in Canada... The US KTM/Husqy race program has supported Millsaps and Pourcel the last 2 years... Maybe they could work something out for Tickle.
Millsaps ? Pourcel ? Please tell us your not referring to both these athletes having to go north to race ?
4/13/2018 4:11pm
berno929 wrote:
There's the Red Bull KTM Thor race team in Canada... The US KTM/Husqy race program has supported Millsaps and Pourcel the last 2 years... Maybe they...
I'm going to assume that tent is full with Thompson being as hot as he is right now and benoit there other main rider ,but who knows be cool for us Canadians to see more top tier riders over here , I remember millsaps saying gopher was one of the hardest tracks he's ever rode
KirkChandler
Fantasy
357th
4/13/2018 4:24pm
Frank wrote:
These guys destroy their bodies every single day doing this sport. Let these guys use/do anything they want to go faster as long as it does...
These guys destroy their bodies every single day doing this sport. Let these guys use/do anything they want to go faster as long as it does not impair their ability on the track (street drugs). Not sure why FIM feels it is ok to rip your reproductive organs off you hips in a crash but using something that helps you concentrate is a career ending crime?

Where is WADA in the NFL? Baseball? WWE ?(lol on that one). Why is SX/MX so strict on this petty stuff?

The reason why there are anti doping laws is so that everyone does not have to take Performance Enhancing Drugs. If you allowed people to do it, then that would in effect force everyone to take it. You are no longer on a level playing field. By saying it is not allowed, then no one can take it and you all start on a level playing field.

The NFL/MLB/NBA all have their own testing programs and penalty programs approved by their Players Unions and leagues. That's why a first offense in the NFL is a 4 game suspension, not a 4 year suspension. But the NFL is a multi Billion dollar per year business, where Super/Motocross is a 10-20 million dollar per year business.
4/13/2018 4:27pm
Frank wrote:
These guys destroy their bodies every single day doing this sport. Let these guys use/do anything they want to go faster as long as it does...

Sx is a FIM world title I think that’s why this comes into play?
Lightning78
4/13/2018 4:27pm
man it seems like Canadian Moto is a direct beneficiary of these failed tests
MelonFan123
4/13/2018 4:34pm
I was going to start another thread but might as well keep it in here.

What about Red Bull KTM for the Outdoors?

Filthy Phil Nicoletti?
Call up from TLD team, McElrath maybe?

Do they they cancel Tickle's contract and free up $ to get another rider? We know riders still get paid during injuries, but there's got to be a stipulation in his contract that voids it for any positive drug tests and/or suspensions? Sucks for Broc and his family if thats the case
Mikep147
4/13/2018 5:19pm
So you think JackBlock Raceway is gonna call up the FIM when Tickle shows up to race there?
BikerScars
4/14/2018 3:01pm
The reason why there are anti doping laws is so that everyone does not have to take Performance Enhancing Drugs. If you allowed people to do...
The reason why there are anti doping laws is so that everyone does not have to take Performance Enhancing Drugs. If you allowed people to do it, then that would in effect force everyone to take it. You are no longer on a level playing field. By saying it is not allowed, then no one can take it and you all start on a level playing field.

The NFL/MLB/NBA all have their own testing programs and penalty programs approved by their Players Unions and leagues. That's why a first offense in the NFL is a 4 game suspension, not a 4 year suspension. But the NFL is a multi Billion dollar per year business, where Super/Motocross is a 10-20 million dollar per year business.
Naive thinking if you think it's an level playing field because they say it's not allowed.

Only truly level field is if they all can take it. However in that case athletes will keep pushing pharmaceutical boundaries until tell drop dead. And that ends up turning fans off.

This Tickle case and the previous Stewart case illustrates how ridiculous the doping laws are. The ever expanding list of banned substances is making things a joke. If you can't take a product half the high school and college kids take, and/or a product you can buy at any health store it's gone way too far.
This also illustrates how impotent the AMA is after signing American racers rights over the FIM. Again ridiculous.
4/14/2018 3:28pm
I'd take the ride up there, earn a living and no doubt some titles, enjoy the more relaxed and less scheduled racing life and hope that in that time the AMA has a rethink. He won't be able to bounce back from a four year hiatus and pick up a ride that could give the best shot at doing it.
They didn't budge for one of the sports biggest stars but that could also be a black thing, I don't know. Be interesting how it pans out in that respect.
NOTE: not trying to stir up the racism thing, just wondering if there is anything there underlying because we all know some people still harbor it deep down.
MXMattii
4/14/2018 3:34pm

ML512 wrote:
Four years is the current standard sentence for a WADA infraction. It was bumped from two to four years around six months after James Stewart's positive...
Four years is the current standard sentence for a WADA infraction. It was bumped from two to four years around six months after James Stewart's positive test.

WADA uses this sentence length across all sports it governs, it's based around the Olympic sports cycle.
I mailed with some Professors to write my story and it seems that what is found, isn't used in any medication anymore. But is now used by untrustworthy firms who are putting it in there vitamin-supliments, shakes, ... So he messed up.

But If he can show that he took those in good hearted faith, then his sentence can be only 6 months like Maria Sharapova. But then he needs to prove that for example his vitamin-supplements suddenly changed recipes, or that his shake what he used to drink changed recipes, or that he took his wives diet pills one day sleepdrunk (Dutch Rider once told that story), or that he uses a supplement sponsor in faith, believing that what they gave him was 100% WADA prove. Can't he prove a story like that, he can be punished badly.

But lets wait till the B-sample is tested, if he requests a test.

mxb2
4/14/2018 4:19pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2018 4:19pm
I'd take the ride up there, earn a living and no doubt some titles, enjoy the more relaxed and less scheduled racing life and hope that...
I'd take the ride up there, earn a living and no doubt some titles, enjoy the more relaxed and less scheduled racing life and hope that in that time the AMA has a rethink. He won't be able to bounce back from a four year hiatus and pick up a ride that could give the best shot at doing it.
They didn't budge for one of the sports biggest stars but that could also be a black thing, I don't know. Be interesting how it pans out in that respect.
NOTE: not trying to stir up the racism thing, just wondering if there is anything there underlying because we all know some people still harbor it deep down.
They cut stewart a break. Race card,really? Tickle got 4 , can he use it Blink
ML512
Fantasy
36th
4/14/2018 4:41pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2018 4:41pm
BikerScars wrote:
Naive thinking if you think it's an level playing field because they say it's not allowed. Only truly level field is if they all can take...
Naive thinking if you think it's an level playing field because they say it's not allowed.

Only truly level field is if they all can take it. However in that case athletes will keep pushing pharmaceutical boundaries until tell drop dead. And that ends up turning fans off.

This Tickle case and the previous Stewart case illustrates how ridiculous the doping laws are. The ever expanding list of banned substances is making things a joke. If you can't take a product half the high school and college kids take, and/or a product you can buy at any health store it's gone way too far.
This also illustrates how impotent the AMA is after signing American racers rights over the FIM. Again ridiculous.
I said it before and I'll say it again, not the FIM's fault. If it was an AMA sanctioned only event (like outdoors), then USADA would be involved for testing and we'd have the same outcome. They follow the same banned substance list and the same penalty list. Actually, USADA was the group that finally got Lance Armstrong, so you could say some guys there are willing to dig a bit more...
ando
4/14/2018 5:18pm

ML512 wrote:
Four years is the current standard sentence for a WADA infraction. It was bumped from two to four years around six months after James Stewart's positive...

Is that actually the logic behind the four year penalty?
ando
4/14/2018 5:28pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
He can race anything outside of sanctioned races.
Someone might correct me if I’m wrong, but WADA penalties apply across all competition. If Tickle is suspended for four years he simply wouldn’t be allowed to enter any competition sanctioned by FIM or their affiliates. Other non-affiliated competitions might allow him to race, but it would be considered by WADA to be a breach of their suspension and further sanctions might follow.
ando
4/14/2018 5:30pm
ML512 wrote:
I said it before and I'll say it again, not the FIM's fault. If it was an AMA sanctioned only event (like outdoors), then USADA would...
I said it before and I'll say it again, not the FIM's fault. If it was an AMA sanctioned only event (like outdoors), then USADA would be involved for testing and we'd have the same outcome. They follow the same banned substance list and the same penalty list. Actually, USADA was the group that finally got Lance Armstrong, so you could say some guys there are willing to dig a bit more...
You’ve said this enough times in the various threads that I can confidently say those who are ignoring it are doing so deliberately to support their own point of view.

Can’t fix stupid, as they say.

Post a reply to: Which Canadian team will Tickle race for?

The Latest