Spudnut
3/26/2021 9:10pm
tylermx967 wrote:
I THINK THAT THE FASTIST IS SUSZUKI WE GETTED THE 2008
Today was a good day
MudPup545
3/27/2021 4:13am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
What kind of job does a 13 year old have to buy his own bike?

Don't know many kids that buy their own stuff.
I live out the sticks, very rural. Plenty of kids busting butts on farms, working for landscape companies, orchards....etc. The last two bikes I’ve sold were to 13 year olds that paid cash.
RAD60
3/27/2021 10:16am
Buy a used kx100 and a repair manual,, learn to ride and maintain your bike yourself..
3/29/2021 5:31pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
What kind of job does a 13 year old have to buy his own bike?

Don't know many kids that buy their own stuff.
MudPup545 wrote:
I live out the sticks, very rural. Plenty of kids busting butts on farms, working for landscape companies, orchards....etc. The last two bikes I’ve sold were...
I live out the sticks, very rural. Plenty of kids busting butts on farms, working for landscape companies, orchards....etc. The last two bikes I’ve sold were to 13 year olds that paid cash.
I worked for farmers to, at 9 yrs old .85 cents a week. A couple yrs later 85.00, if my cow had a bull calf. We sold it, 120.00. bailing hay for neighbors also, that’s where the money stacks up. At 10 I would jump in whatever vehicle was available, a 62 Chevy 3 on the tree, that’s a 3 speed shifter on the column. And go make some dough. At 13 I had enough to buy a new rm80, my Mother wouldn’t allow it tho.

The Shop

MudPup545
3/30/2021 5:25am
I worked for farmers to, at 9 yrs old .85 cents a week. A couple yrs later 85.00, if my cow had a bull calf. We...
I worked for farmers to, at 9 yrs old .85 cents a week. A couple yrs later 85.00, if my cow had a bull calf. We sold it, 120.00. bailing hay for neighbors also, that’s where the money stacks up. At 10 I would jump in whatever vehicle was available, a 62 Chevy 3 on the tree, that’s a 3 speed shifter on the column. And go make some dough. At 13 I had enough to buy a new rm80, my Mother wouldn’t allow it tho.
I was 12 years old and dad told me, “son.... if you want a car when you turn 16 I strongly suggest that you get a job now because I’ll be damned if I’m going to buy you one.”

A few days later I was 13 and started working on a local dairy farm. I worked the morning milking before school. Thirteen days on, one day off with pay. Made $10.00 a day.

During summer hay season I made killer money. I can remember checks that were $300-$400. And during football season I doubled my money because the night shift kid played and I didn’t.

At age 15 I paid cash for my first car, a year later I bought a new YZ125.
3/30/2021 7:27am
I worked for farmers to, at 9 yrs old .85 cents a week. A couple yrs later 85.00, if my cow had a bull calf. We...
MudPup545 wrote:
I was 12 years old and dad told me, “son.... if you want a car when you turn 16 I strongly suggest that you get a...
I was 12 years old and dad told me, “son.... if you want a car when you turn 16 I strongly suggest that you get a job now because I’ll be damned if I’m going to buy you one.”

A few days later I was 13 and started working on a local dairy farm. I worked the morning milking before school. Thirteen days on, one day off with pay. Made $10.00 a day.

During summer hay season I made killer money. I can remember checks that were $300-$400. And during football season I doubled my money because the night shift kid played and I didn’t.

Im gonna be working on a farm stand planting vegtables and fruits, and hopfully ill make a few bucks to get a new bike
MudPup545
3/30/2021 7:51am
MudPup545 wrote:
I was 12 years old and dad told me, “son.... if you want a car when you turn 16 I strongly suggest that you get a...

Im gonna be working on a farm stand planting vegtables and fruits, and hopfully ill make a few bucks to get a new bike
That is great! It’s a huge sense of pride and accomplishment to be able to pay for your own bike. Best of luck.
NorCal1975
3/30/2021 9:29am
remember when the winner by a long shot was KX.
A KX 85 is fine for putting around. If they are ridden hard they fall apart really fast. I had KX 85s for my two oldest boys for years and I spent a small fortune rebuilding those things. Pistons, bottom ends don't hold up, broken frames constantly (2009 models through 2016). On the plus side I became an expert welder and mechanic! KTMs cost more up front (new or used) but 1000% they hold up better IMO opinion if ridden hard. KX is fine for trail riding or for a new rider and will last quite a while ridden that way. Only complaint on the small KTMs is that the Formula hydraulic components are not reliable, don't hold us as well as the braking components on the Japanese bikes.

Post a reply to: Which 85 is the best?

The Latest