Which 250 Champ is More Likely to Repeat?

1/3/2018 6:36am
It seems more likely, based on the rider and his competition, that Osborne will repeat.

Personally I hope he does not. I would much prefer to see a younger rider win a title. I'm not a fan of guys like Osborne and Davalos spending an entire career in the 250s.

Call me old school, but I liked the 80s and 90s when guys couldn't wait to move up to the premier class.

kkawboy14
1/3/2018 6:46am
It seems more likely, based on the rider and his competition, that Osborne will repeat. Personally I hope he does not. I would much prefer to...
It seems more likely, based on the rider and his competition, that Osborne will repeat.

Personally I hope he does not. I would much prefer to see a younger rider win a title. I'm not a fan of guys like Osborne and Davalos spending an entire career in the 250s.

Call me old school, but I liked the 80s and 90s when guys couldn't wait to move up to the premier class.

Osborne has proved why a guy may want to stay in the 250 class longer. I’ll bet he didn’t even have a 450 offer this year.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
1/3/2018 7:10am
Osborne.
1/3/2018 7:38am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Osborne has proved why a guy may want to stay in the 250 class longer. I’ll bet he didn’t even have a 450 offer this year.
I understand why certain guys don't want to move up to the premier class, but as a fan I prefer racers who are interested competing against the best of the best - like Hill, who has voiced he has been ready and willing to move up for a while. As a fan, I'm interested in seeing the fastest racers compete against each other. Don't get me wrong, I love the competition and great racing from the 250s, but for me the excitement of the class comes from the youthful enthusiasm. I love watching the up and comers battle it out. If I were Zach, I can't help but think I would feel weird competing against guys as young as 16 and 17 when I know how much more experience I have. But hey, to each his own. Gotta pay the bills.

For Osborne or Marty, it makes sense why they don't want to move up, there is more money for them in the support class. However, from purely the perspective of a fan, I don't care for Osborne or other guys that are career 250 riders.

The Shop

1/3/2018 8:30am
mb60 wrote:
I don't think Hill will finish in the top 5 overall. Can't believe that he went from the only team that he could win on to...
I don't think Hill will finish in the top 5 overall. Can't believe that he went from the only team that he could win on to JGR.
The guy might prove me wrong but he is facing a uphill battle already on the Suzuki.
Because they gave him a 450 ride. 450 rides aren’t easy to get so he went to a team that gave him one.
1/3/2018 9:10am
Something to keep in mind, Osborne starts were shaky at times last year. They got better at the end of the nationals, but it's a fact that could bite him in a few races. However, the east is not as stacked as last year.

I wonder if the bike deficiencies of the Suzuki will really show up in SX. Certainly needs the HP for starts, but his Hill's supercross talent on the bike is among the best in that class. AC and Savagty are the two other favorites, IMO, and we know their equipment is dialed in.
dcg141
1/3/2018 9:20am
Something to keep in mind, Osborne starts were shaky at times last year. They got better at the end of the nationals, but it's a fact...
Something to keep in mind, Osborne starts were shaky at times last year. They got better at the end of the nationals, but it's a fact that could bite him in a few races. However, the east is not as stacked as last year.

I wonder if the bike deficiencies of the Suzuki will really show up in SX. Certainly needs the HP for starts, but his Hill's supercross talent on the bike is among the best in that class. AC and Savagty are the two other favorites, IMO, and we know their equipment is dialed in.
I think any bike can be fixed. Seewar's bike for example. But there is no telling how much will have to go into that engine to bring it up to par.
1/3/2018 9:50am Edited Date/Time 1/3/2018 9:58am
dcg141 wrote:
I think any bike can be fixed. Seewar's bike for example. But there is no telling how much will have to go into that engine to...
I think any bike can be fixed. Seewar's bike for example. But there is no telling how much will have to go into that engine to bring it up to par.
I've heard it said that Seewer's bike had some pretty significant internal engine modifications that would not be AMA production-rule legal.
dcg141
1/3/2018 11:16am Edited Date/Time 1/3/2018 11:19am
I've heard it said that Seewer's bike had some pretty significant internal engine modifications that would not be AMA production-rule legal.
Hmmm, you have a point if that is true. I still think it can be fixed. I don't think Hill would have taken that ride unless they got the bike to competitive trim.
BigDaddyG
1/3/2018 11:24am
A happy and healthy Hill is a dangerous man. He has more talent than anyone in the class but has always been injured or fighting bike set up. You see what a healthy Hill did last Supercross season. Now he is even happier and healthier, I think he will do really well and has as good of a shot as anyone else to win the title.
potatoflake
1/3/2018 12:44pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2018 12:44pm
Osborne is the favorite
1 steeper field out west
2 he’s with the same team, no adapting to the new chassis and feel of the new team, he should feel right at home

But still don’t count hill out he’s one of those guys that can go fast on prettt much every color
Spat24
Fantasy
618th
1/3/2018 1:08pm
Because they gave him a 450 ride. 450 rides aren’t easy to get so he went to a team that gave him one.
Bingo!

The real question is will we get to see Hill on a 450 on the East Coast rounds - that will be very cool!
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
1/3/2018 1:34pm
Spat24 wrote:
Bingo!

The real question is will we get to see Hill on a 450 on the East Coast rounds - that will be very cool!
I think sure would be nice to see both guys on a 450 for the opposite coast
bsharkey
1/3/2018 7:48pm
mb60 wrote:
I don't think Hill will finish in the top 5 overall. Can't believe that he went from the only team that he could win on to...
I don't think Hill will finish in the top 5 overall. Can't believe that he went from the only team that he could win on to JGR.
The guy might prove me wrong but he is facing a uphill battle already on the Suzuki.
From what i understood they guranteed him a 450 ride after the 250s

Post a reply to: Which 250 Champ is More Likely to Repeat?

The Latest