Which 250 Champ is More Likely to Repeat?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/2/2018 11:56 AM

What is the prediction of Vital users? Between Osborne and Hill, who's more likely to repeat and why? Can they both do it? Is it possible that neither rider will repeat? Tell me your thoughts.





|



1/2/2018 12:06 PM

Hill. Because SUSZUKI.

|

1/2/2018 12:08 PM

Is this even a question?

|

1/2/2018 12:16 PM

Osborne prob will. Those banana bikes arent going to work well for hill.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

1/2/2018 12:21 PM

early wrote:

Is this even a question?

Stranger things have happened my friend

|



1/2/2018 12:23 PM

i like Hill, i would like to see him repeat

|

1/2/2018 12:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/3/2018 6:44 AM

I think the change is good for Hill and it is a weird advantage for him that everyone is so vocal on the Suzuki being the worst bike. I think they'll get a pretty good setup that their riders can do well on (without feeling overload of expectations). That said, he has a lot of competition on his coast!

|

1/2/2018 12:40 PM

I don't think Hill will finish in the top 5 overall. Can't believe that he went from the only team that he could win on to JGR.
The guy might prove me wrong but he is facing a uphill battle already on the Suzuki.

|

1/2/2018 12:48 PM

D) all of the above

|

1/2/2018 1:26 PM

Think maybe both?.....But Zach , is a freakin' animal now days. Unless he makes the mistakes , ain't nobody beating that guy right now.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/2/2018 1:26 PM

Osborne

|

2005 YZ250
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing

1/2/2018 1:30 PM

Osborne, I think it will take a couple of rounds for Hill to get used to the change.

|

1/2/2018 1:32 PM

considering the competition Hill has in the west (stacked), my money is on Osborne to repeat

|

1/2/2018 1:40 PM

Osborne is more likely to repeat based on no changes to the bike/team, and a lot of times the East Coast guys are normally guys coming off injury (Smith, Forkner, Nichols, Ferrandis, etc.) and are riding into shape. He has class veterans Jeremy Martin, Davalos, and RJ Hampshire that have been healthy and will pose a challenge. But not nearly the amount of heavy hitters that Justin Hill will have to defend against. Hill has to beat title threats Cianciarulo, Savatgy, McElrath, Plessinger, Alex Martin, and Craig.

Hill can do it again, but Osborne's program is solid and if money is on the line on either or, Osborne would be the favorite to repeat.

|

1/2/2018 2:48 PM

West Is a shot in the dark so many people can win but my top 3 would be ac/ap/cc and east it's going to be the Jmart and Osborne show I think everyone got scared of Osborne and went west but I got Jmart to win the east

|

1/2/2018 2:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2018 2:56 PM

5thgearpinnedJB65 wrote:

West Is a shot in the dark so many people can win but my top 3 would be ac/ap/cc and east it's going to be the Jmart and Osborne show I think everyone got scared of Osborne and went west but I got Jmart to win the east

I was just about to say the same. I think ZachO has the better shot. He was an animal last year, and the east coast looks pretty depleted.

|

1/2/2018 2:56 PM

Osborne is hungry; I really feel like he wants more wins and titles. IMO 2018 will be a repeat of 2017 for him; he'll get another SX title and be a front runner outdoors.

|

1/2/2018 3:17 PM

Hill isn't repeating on ANY bike. Osbourne barring a mechanical or massive get-off will cruise.

|

1/2/2018 3:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2018 3:18 PM

Neither one truly dominated last year, so i'm thinking neither will repeat. I'm going with Plessinger and j.Smith.

|

1/2/2018 3:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2018 5:52 PM

Definitely Osborne. Of the title contenders in the East, JMart, Smith and Davalos are the only other guys who have won races. In the West, AMart is the only one who hasn't won one yet (emphasis on yet).

**Edited (again) because Savatgy IS racing West.

|

1/2/2018 3:24 PM

Cokeham23 wrote:

I was just about to say the same. I think ZachO has the better shot. He was an animal last year, and the east coast looks pretty depleted.

Depleted? ......Forkner, Savatgy, J.Mart, Ferrandis, Nichols, Hampshire, J Smith....pretty stacked, I do think Osbourne wins this tho!

|

1/2/2018 3:29 PM

KirkChandler wrote:

Osborne is more likely to repeat based on no changes to the bike/team, and a lot of times the East Coast guys are normally guys coming off injury (Smith, Forkner, Nichols, Ferrandis, etc.) and are riding into shape. He has class veterans Jeremy Martin, Davalos, and RJ Hampshire that have been healthy and will pose a challenge. But not nearly the amount of heavy hitters that Justin Hill will have to defend against. Hill has to beat title threats Cianciarulo, Savatgy, McElrath, Plessinger, Alex Martin, and Craig.

Hill can do it again, but Osborne's program is solid and if money is on the line on either or, Osborne would be the favorite to repeat.

what Kirk said pretty much sums it up

|

1/2/2018 3:49 PM

MX Guy wrote:

What is the prediction of Vital users? Between Osborne and Hill, who's more likely to repeat and why? Can they both do it? Is it possible that neither rider will repeat? Tell me your thoughts.





the Oz man.

he's carrying momentum and confidence from last year and he's hungrier.

its like looking at RC vs Kdub. Hard work and heart vs natural talent. hill relies too much on talent

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti

1/2/2018 5:35 PM

osborne for sure due to west being much more stacked this year…i don't think it's ever been so lopsided.

|

1/2/2018 6:05 PM

I'm going with Osborne. Pardon the pun but Hill has been up and down lately, wile Zach has been rock solid. Oh that last lap for the Chamionship... Zach was rolling!

|

1/2/2018 9:28 PM

abomination wrote:

osborne for sure due to west being much more stacked this year…i don't think it's ever been so lopsided.

There are some heavy hitters racing east

|



1/2/2018 11:04 PM

Geez y’all forgetting Hill wrapped it up early? Y’all keep going and watch! Ac’s the only real threat IMO.

|

Ryan P. McPherson

www.HoustonYamaha.com

youtube.com/iridea250fyamaha

1/3/2018 5:05 AM

Neither will have an easy run at it but I think Zacho has far less competition than Hill does.

|

1/3/2018 5:36 AM

Hill going to what is pretty much a 1st year 250 team is a large disadvantage IMO. He can still win for sure but it only takes 1 mechanical to be out of the points race.

|

1/3/2018 5:39 AM

Osbourne will do it. Hill will have a bigger challenge on the west, Davalos might end up getting it in his 12th try ?

|