Where's Weimer Going

CodyUtah
Edited Date/Time 4/11/2014 2:27pm
I haven't heard any rumors of where Weimer will end up for next year. Are any of the teams showing interest in him?
|
IWreckALot
4/10/2014 6:54am
Not sure where he is going. I'm a Weimer fan. He's changed trainers and that doesn't appear to have helped. Maybe a different brand. When I see him, he just seems burnt out sometimes. Not sure if he has the drive he used to have. Maybe he's just tired of being injured all the time.
CodyUtah
4/10/2014 7:02am
Being a pro rider is a tough business. If I break my arm or leg I can still work. I feel for those guys.
davistld01
4/10/2014 7:17am
CodyUtah wrote:
Being a pro rider is a tough business. If I break my arm or leg I can still work. I feel for those guys.
Tough to be constantly compared to a guy like Villopoto...under his shadow, watching him get better treatment & all the glory. Having people doubt your "right" to have a factory ride especially when your results suck, and although you are riding your guts out...it doesn't seem to help...and you don't know how to "fix" it. All that, and the pressure of knowing your contract is coming up to end soon, and it looks hopeless to get another shot...and all that runs through your mind is woulda-shoulda-coulda...

Yeah, man...the pressure must be huge, especially in his position. I hope he finds a good place to land, but I doubt seriously that it'll be in another factory team rig.

I think a place like JGR or even Rockstar KTM might be a good change of venue for him...
mgifracing
Fantasy
357th
4/10/2014 7:24am
I was at a parts unlimited meeting a couple of years ago and all of the THOR guys were there. Weimer and RV sit down and we BS'd for a while. The thing I got out of it is RV is like a navy seal and Weimer is more like the coast guard. Good guy that lacks the killer mentality that RV, JS, and CR have.

The Shop

4/10/2014 7:28am
Bowers and Ames Teammates at Babbits? The Road HOME From SX
CodyUtah
4/10/2014 7:32am
I don't think he needs to head to arenacross just yet.
IWreckALot
4/10/2014 7:47am
CodyUtah wrote:
I agree although some of the guys going back to AX are a little surprising. I don't think a former 250SX champ belongs in AX. Very risky move. If he drops to AX and doesn't win, then he's permanently done in SX.

Good points Davis. I am on board for guys to try change when it isn't working for them. I think that is part of Weimer's mentality in getting away from Baker. I think a new bike/team might reignite his drive.
dennisjonon
4/10/2014 7:54am
CodyUtah wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
I agree although some of the guys going back to AX are a little surprising. I don't think a former 250SX champ belongs in AX. Very...
I agree although some of the guys going back to AX are a little surprising. I don't think a former 250SX champ belongs in AX. Very risky move. If he drops to AX and doesn't win, then he's permanently done in SX.

Good points Davis. I am on board for guys to try change when it isn't working for them. I think that is part of Weimer's mentality in getting away from Baker. I think a new bike/team might reignite his drive.
your exactly right. i agree also changing brands may help re motivate him. hes so fluid on the bike when he's on....
4/10/2014 7:58am
AX sounds like a better deal than the SX/MX season for an 8th-15th place guy. I don't know why more second-tier guys don't consider it.
davistld01
4/10/2014 8:05am
mgifracing wrote:
I was at a parts unlimited meeting a couple of years ago and all of the THOR guys were there. Weimer and RV sit down and...
I was at a parts unlimited meeting a couple of years ago and all of the THOR guys were there. Weimer and RV sit down and we BS'd for a while. The thing I got out of it is RV is like a navy seal and Weimer is more like the coast guard. Good guy that lacks the killer mentality that RV, JS, and CR have.
Yeah...I've noticed that too, in interviews and the like of the two of them. I've never met either one, but Weimer seems almost like a puppy dog wagging his tail, and RV is more like a Doberman...if that makes sense. Weimer seems to be almost too laid back for that level. Great rider, and super smooth when he's clicking though...
Trav138
4/10/2014 8:20am
Planting potatoes on the farm with dad.

Joking
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
4/10/2014 8:53am
He needs a new team and some new motivation perhaps.

You guys remember how strong he was that year in supercross where at Las Vegas he beat Pourcel and his other PC teamates straight up? He even beat Canard that year regularly.

He definately has upside but maybe like someone said, is tired of being injured all the time. Pro mx is a tough gig.
Hut
4/10/2014 9:05am
Trav138 wrote:
Planting potatoes on the farm with dad.

Joking
Sugar beets
4/10/2014 10:22am
mgifracing wrote:
I was at a parts unlimited meeting a couple of years ago and all of the THOR guys were there. Weimer and RV sit down and...
davistld01 wrote:
Yeah...I've noticed that too, in interviews and the like of the two of them. I've never met either one, but Weimer seems almost like a puppy...
Yeah...I've noticed that too, in interviews and the like of the two of them. I've never met either one, but Weimer seems almost like a puppy dog wagging his tail, and RV is more like a Doberman...if that makes sense. Weimer seems to be almost too laid back for that level. Great rider, and super smooth when he's clicking though...
Yea because Trey Canard is such a Pit Bull in person !!!! once they drop that helmet on something changes, I agree if he moves to AX and doesn't win Sugar Beets and Potatoes are next if that is even what they farm ?? LOL
Jt$
4/10/2014 10:24am
TripleFive wrote:
AX sounds like a better deal than the SX/MX season for an 8th-15th place guy. I don't know why more second-tier guys don't consider it.
I think you underestimate what Weimer is making right now. The only guy making real money in AX is Bowers and it's still significantly less than Jake.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/10/2014 10:27am Edited Date/Time 4/10/2014 10:27am
The Vital MX Forum. Home of career advice for pro riders.
4/10/2014 10:41am
Hey Vital first said Peick to RCH and ........
Sandberm
4/10/2014 10:51am
And relationship adviceTongue

The thing about Weimer, he needs to prove in the next few months that he is better then what Anderson, Davalos or Seely can do on a 450 also. Malcolm? Bagget? Tickle? Hill?...Canard?

Lots of guys would love to have that spot next to RV.
KlootZak
4/10/2014 11:01am Edited Date/Time 4/10/2014 11:03am
I'm not a fan of Weimer because he took the spot away from Christophe Pourcel (in my opinion) at Kawasaki factory team until I watched him during behind the dream / inside the moto - episodes and I gained a lot of respect for him! He really seems like a cool dude. I hope he can bounce back, get that mojo flowing like previous year (where he ended up 3rd in the nationals) and surprise some people. I hope he get a ride with BTO KTM / Rockstar KTM / Geico Honda / JGR perhaps ...
davistld01
4/10/2014 11:08am
mgifracing wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
Yeah...I've noticed that too, in interviews and the like of the two of them. I've never met either one, but Weimer seems almost like a puppy...
526 wrote:
Yea because Trey Canard is such a Pit Bull in person !!!! once they drop that helmet on something changes, I agree if he moves to...
Yea because Trey Canard is such a Pit Bull in person !!!! once they drop that helmet on something changes, I agree if he moves to AX and doesn't win Sugar Beets and Potatoes are next if that is even what they farm ?? LOL
Difference is that Trey can smoke Jake on any track anywhere anytime...at least that's been the case the last few years. Trey's a puppy dog just like Weimer...but he becomes a Doberman when the helmet goes on. Weimer doesn't seem to do that.
flyinb501
Fantasy
272nd
4/10/2014 11:08am
GuyB wrote:
Lol.

I like Jake. Hopefully he winds up on a decent team.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1177th
4/10/2014 11:30am
526 wrote:
Hey Vital first said Peick to RCH and ........
Well, technically Proride did, but they don't have anywhere near the member numbers that Vital does.

I'm guessing that only Thumpertalk would have the kind of member numbers Vital does, I suppose someone knows the top dirtbike related forum numbers?
j100
4/10/2014 11:48am
BTO with Short.
MT MX
4/10/2014 12:03pm
An idea I've thought would be pretty good situation for a guy like Weimer or Grant is the concept of them riding on the Husky Team (if there actually is one next year).
If you think about it, the bike is pretty much legit and I think that a rider on a newly formed team wouldn't have as much pressure as say someone who is going to a proven championship team, i.e. Factory Kawi, Honda, etc. (Don't slaughter me. I know Husky WAS successful in the past. I'm just speaking in terms of the current teams).
Anyways, they will have all the team resources they need to be successful. It would just be up to them to show that they can do it.
racinstation
Fantasy
1912th
4/10/2014 12:23pm
I am sure Jake will be just fine. I watched Jake grow up and Ill tell you guys that he has been places that none of us will go and if he walked away from the sport today he can be proud of what he has accomplished. Most MX/SX racers would kill to make the night show or the gate at a national. He has WON them. He has won a SX Championship. He has ridden for a full factory team. He makes a living riding dirt bikes............he's OK.
BigDaddyG
4/10/2014 12:35pm
He will end up on factory Honda or factory KTM. Jake still has good years left in him and is the fastest guy outside the top 4.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
4/10/2014 12:35pm
GuyB wrote:
And what TFS would have said.........You are the head monkey
mmain62
4/10/2014 12:39pm
mgifracing wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
526 wrote:
Yea because Trey Canard is such a Pit Bull in person !!!! once they drop that helmet on something changes, I agree if he moves to...
Wasn't it said in the Troy Adimitis Inside the Outdoors Series that Jake actually owns a potato farm and half of a sugar factory I dont think he will be hurting if hes forced to retire. Plus I'd like to know all of the pros that are on here telling him whatt to do also. Hes a good dude, I do agree with the puppy dog thing. I also think some of that stems from being the "other guy" at Kawi I'd feel about ant size being compared to RV all the time I cant imagine what he goes through.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/10/2014 12:41pm
GuyB wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
And what TFS would have said.........You are the head monkey
So for the sake of argument, let's say there are three types of monkeys in any given forum. I'm going to say I'm the one on the left.

Post a reply to: Where's Weimer Going

The Latest