Where's Malcolm TWMX

kongols
1/9/2018 6:58am Edited Date/Time 1/9/2018 7:00am
This thread sure delivers. All kinds of leprechauns coming out of the woods.
twotwosix
1/9/2018 7:12am Edited Date/Time 1/9/2018 10:11am
I'm going to say Mookie must be testing a factory KX450 this week. I don't believe it is a Husky. Why? Monster Kawi has a history of needing to keep 2 riders on the track consistently. If Tomac is day to day right now, Kawi and Monster will want to keep 2 bikes on the track this season. Mookie has been riding a Kawi and is chomping at the bit to go racing. I would bet good money that before the end of the 450 main event, someone at Kawi was in touch with Mookie's camp putting them on notice. If Eli went to the Dr yesterday and the news was anything other than positive, Kawi would likely tell Mookie to get a ticket and come on out to test just in case.

Just my 2 cents and I could be completely wrong. He could end up on a JGR Suzuki.
Panic_Rev
1/9/2018 7:23am
twotwosix wrote:
I'm going to say Mookie must be testing a factory KX450 this week. I don't believe it is a Husky. Why? Monster Kawi has a history...
I'm going to say Mookie must be testing a factory KX450 this week. I don't believe it is a Husky. Why? Monster Kawi has a history of needing to keep 2 riders on the track consistently. If Tomac is day to day right now, Kawi and Monster will want to keep 2 bikes on the track this season. Mookie has been riding a Kawi and is chomping at the bit to go racing. I would bet good money that before the end of the 450 main event, someone at Kawi was in touch with Mookie's camp putting them on notice. If Eli went to the Dr yesterday and the news was anything other than positive, Kawi would likely tell Mookie to get a ticket and come on out to test just in case.

Just my 2 cents and I could be completely wrong. He could end up on a JGR Suzuki.
I could see this being true except I believe he was contacted before the race. Whatever the opportunity is was already in the works before the crash and the potential need for Kawi.

The Shop

kaptkaos
1/9/2018 7:45am
Lots of crap on here as usual, bottom line, Mookie is a grown ass man and he can make and live with his own decisions.
I am a fan of the Stewarts. I hate that they are not transparent, but neither was RV and many others. Maybe there is some racism in play, maybe not, either way the Stewarts are doing fine and they are making their own choices and we will have to wait and see what happens.

James is surely retired, we dont have to be rocket scientists to figure this out, but all the banter is fun regardless and shows interest and traffic on this site, which is good.

Mookie - he has talent and he has the right not to work for free if he so chooses. I wonder how many of you would go work for free tomorrow if you lost your job? Dont tell me you worked for free after college as an intern. Mookie raced as an amatuer, he raced in the Lights, and he won a title in the lights. He has a resume with experience and results many would kill for. He deserves a paid ride of some sort, and if its not available, he can choose not to work for free. You all do not realize that if he crashes and gets injured, he has to pay all the medicals bills out of pocket, and he can ruin the rest of career, not to mention his life after racing. Who are we to suggest he take those risks for free?

His family has enough money to choose to race or not, just like a lot of other non-racing families with privilege can.

Eli is racing for sure, there is no spot on Kawi
Deano says he is racing, so that tells me he is not going to miss more than a week or two, and Husky wont sign Mookie for such a short fill-in, doubtful there is a spot on Husky
JGR knew about Bogle long before A1 and why would they reach out to Mookie last second?

This leaves two viable options: BTO for Bloss or Hannys spot on 100.

rdrurypi
1/9/2018 8:33am
The article said "Factory Team". Is BTO or Hanny's team considered "Factory"? I wouldn't think so, but it wont be the first time I was wrong about something.
1/9/2018 8:33am
PJ205 wrote:
Could have sworn that someone around these parts was saying that no factory team would ever touch him just the other day...
That would be Mxb2, the “im not a stew hater, but I post something negative about them in every Stewart related thread” guy.
Haaaaa got em
ML512
Fantasy
54th
1/9/2018 8:35am
Well, it's pouring rain today down here...so if he's testing a bike it'll be tomorrow or Thursday.
Rhino
1/9/2018 8:39am
bents wrote:
If, IF, he shows up to race, I'll take Reed for a better main event result.
MxKing809 wrote:
This. I can’t stand Reed.... but how would Husky give that ride to Mookie when Chad actually put the effort in to show up the first...
This. I can’t stand Reed.... but how would Husky give that ride to Mookie when Chad actually put the effort in to show up the first god damned race. That bike should go to Chad... or LITERALLY ANYONE who was on the gate at A1.
Gotta agree. Especially since there was no reason he shouldn't have been there.

Ron Lechien won a SX on a dealer bought bike with a PC Pipe.
Ted722
1/9/2018 8:42am
bents wrote:
If, IF, he shows up to race, I'll take Reed for a better main event result.
MxKing809 wrote:
This. I can’t stand Reed.... but how would Husky give that ride to Mookie when Chad actually put the effort in to show up the first...
This. I can’t stand Reed.... but how would Husky give that ride to Mookie when Chad actually put the effort in to show up the first god damned race. That bike should go to Chad... or LITERALLY ANYONE who was on the gate at A1.
Rhino wrote:
Gotta agree. Especially since there was no reason he shouldn't have been there. Ron Lechien won a SX on a dealer bought bike with a PC...
Gotta agree. Especially since there was no reason he shouldn't have been there.

Ron Lechien won a SX on a dealer bought bike with a PC Pipe.
...before the production based bike rules were in place.
scootch
1/9/2018 8:45am
ML512 wrote:
Well, it's pouring rain today down here...so if he's testing a bike it'll be tomorrow or Thursday.
Any insight on who will actually be hitting the injured list? Each rider has to have MRI results in hand by now and that would narrow it down. It's been quiet as far as updates on the severity of Tomac, Wilson, and Blose's injuries..
sam hain
1/9/2018 8:46am
kaptkaos wrote:
Lots of crap on here as usual, bottom line, Mookie is a grown ass man and he can make and live with his own decisions. I...
Lots of crap on here as usual, bottom line, Mookie is a grown ass man and he can make and live with his own decisions.
I am a fan of the Stewarts. I hate that they are not transparent, but neither was RV and many others. Maybe there is some racism in play, maybe not, either way the Stewarts are doing fine and they are making their own choices and we will have to wait and see what happens.

James is surely retired, we dont have to be rocket scientists to figure this out, but all the banter is fun regardless and shows interest and traffic on this site, which is good.

Mookie - he has talent and he has the right not to work for free if he so chooses. I wonder how many of you would go work for free tomorrow if you lost your job? Dont tell me you worked for free after college as an intern. Mookie raced as an amatuer, he raced in the Lights, and he won a title in the lights. He has a resume with experience and results many would kill for. He deserves a paid ride of some sort, and if its not available, he can choose not to work for free. You all do not realize that if he crashes and gets injured, he has to pay all the medicals bills out of pocket, and he can ruin the rest of career, not to mention his life after racing. Who are we to suggest he take those risks for free?

His family has enough money to choose to race or not, just like a lot of other non-racing families with privilege can.

Deano says he is racing, so that tells me he is not going to miss more than a week or two, and Husky wont sign Mookie for such a short fill-in, doubtful there is a spot on Husky
JGR knew about Bogle long before A1 and why would they reach out to Mookie last second?

You mean he's living off his brother just like momma and daddy? Malcolm didn't win enough off of one season of lites and a championship to retire from.
tingo
1/9/2018 9:01am
kaptkaos wrote:
Lots of crap on here as usual, bottom line, Mookie is a grown ass man and he can make and live with his own decisions. I...

sam hain wrote:
You mean he's living off his brother just like momma and daddy? Malcolm didn't win enough off of one season of lites and a championship to...
You mean he's living off his brother just like momma and daddy? Malcolm didn't win enough off of one season of lites and a championship to retire from.
Who said he retired?

"...living off his brother just like momma and daddy?" The dumb continues.
1/9/2018 9:02am
Motofinne wrote:
He is filling in for Bogle according to Matthes.
Yup! Didn't see that one coming...

ML512
Fantasy
54th
1/9/2018 9:08am
scootch wrote:
Any insight on who will actually be hitting the injured list? Each rider has to have MRI results in hand by now and that would narrow...
Any insight on who will actually be hitting the injured list? Each rider has to have MRI results in hand by now and that would narrow it down. It's been quiet as far as updates on the severity of Tomac, Wilson, and Blose's injuries..
I couldn't see Malcolm filling in for Bloss due to the gear deal, he'd have to wear Fly, A-Stars, and Scott...he currently rides with Seven, Oakley, Gaerne, and Shoei...

I think Wilson will give it a go based on his IG story...

Sounds like Tomac's shoulder might be okay but I think he's getting his head checked out too.

From my understanding, JGR Suzuki needs another rider ASAP to full-fill their sponsor obligations, so him filling in for Bogle seems likely. But, I imagine this would be only for the terms of Bogle's injury and as soon as he would return, Malcolm would be back without a ride. I don't see them going forward with three bikes.
kaptkaos
1/9/2018 9:09am Edited Date/Time 1/9/2018 9:11am
kaptkaos wrote:

sam hain wrote:
You mean he's living off his brother just like momma and daddy? Malcolm didn't win enough off of one season of lites and a championship to...
Sounds like you have some hate and envy. You should be so lucky yourself to have a rich brother that looks out for his own.

I wonder if the Trumps have any issue living off Daddys money or if it even makes any difference what we think. They have it and thats all that matters.

Mookie has a good resume, theres thousands of people on the planet who wish they could accomplish on a dirt bike what he has and theres thousands who will never earn in a lifetime what he has already earned racing motorcycles, so if you think he cannot retire, that all depends. He can surely retire and live a very good life compared to the average person in the world. Certainly he is in a good position which you sound envious over.

Let the man be, be a fan or not. Just dont ask someone to work for free, because nobody has the right to ask another person to work for free in the US.

Yes, you ride a dirt bike for fun and free, he can step out his daddys front door and do the same whenever he wants too. However, to race in a professional sport, he deserves to get paid.

In fact, for Dirt Bike racing indoors and out to become a legitimate sport, there should be no privateers or non-paid athletes. This needs to be a league of PROFESSIONAL RIDERS.

You never see someone walk on to any Stick and Ball field and pay their way onto the field.
You cant show up at a Nascar event and pay an entry and try to qualify, neither in F1 or MotoGP.

I do not agree with every decision Mookie has made, but not riding for free, is not one of them.
scootch
1/9/2018 9:24am
ML512 wrote:
I couldn't see Malcolm filling in for Bloss due to the gear deal, he'd have to wear Fly, A-Stars, and Scott...he currently rides with Seven, Oakley...
I couldn't see Malcolm filling in for Bloss due to the gear deal, he'd have to wear Fly, A-Stars, and Scott...he currently rides with Seven, Oakley, Gaerne, and Shoei...

I think Wilson will give it a go based on his IG story...

Sounds like Tomac's shoulder might be okay but I think he's getting his head checked out too.

From my understanding, JGR Suzuki needs another rider ASAP to full-fill their sponsor obligations, so him filling in for Bogle seems likely. But, I imagine this would be only for the terms of Bogle's injury and as soon as he would return, Malcolm would be back without a ride. I don't see them going forward with three bikes.
Thanks ML Cool JGR being stationed out of NC was throwing me off since it was reported that Malcolm was headed to CA for the test ride. Either way, pumped for MS27!!! Will be awesome to finally see what he can do on a Factory 450
ML512
Fantasy
54th
1/9/2018 9:32am
scootch wrote:
Thanks ML B) JGR being stationed out of NC was throwing me off since it was reported that Malcolm was headed to CA for the test...
Thanks ML Cool JGR being stationed out of NC was throwing me off since it was reported that Malcolm was headed to CA for the test ride. Either way, pumped for MS27!!! Will be awesome to finally see what he can do on a Factory 450
Talking to J-Bone at A1, it's pretty cold back at JGR and there was a chance of snow coming in. He mentioned they hadn't been riding till around noon because they needed time for the tracks to thaw out. The also have bikes stationed out at Yoshimura's raceshop right now.
kaptkaos
1/9/2018 9:35am
Its 75 and sunny in Florida right now....

I think Mookie has access to little track that might be good enough to test and train on....

The place starts with his last name and ends with compound.

Forty
1/9/2018 9:39am
All this speculation aside, here's hoping Justin can come out of this injury ok and without long term issues.

I think he has something for these boys out doors and look forward to seeing him this summer.
rdrurypi
1/9/2018 9:40am
Now it makes sense that Mookie posted on his IG that he was so cold. Central Florida was around 45 degrees and not that cold so he apparently was in NC over the weekend.
kongols
1/9/2018 9:42am
kaptkaos wrote:
Its 75 and sunny in Florida right now.... I think Mookie has access to little track that might be good enough to test and train on...

I think Mookie has access to little track that might be good enough to test and train on....

Who is gonna ship those bikes to Florida from Socal?
Lots of dumb in this thread.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
1/9/2018 9:42am
rdrurypi wrote:
Now it makes sense that Mookie posted on his IG that he was so cold. Central Florida was around 45 degrees and not that cold so...
Now it makes sense that Mookie posted on his IG that he was so cold. Central Florida was around 45 degrees and not that cold so he apparently was in NC over the weekend.
According to the team, that's a negative.
tek14
1/9/2018 9:46am
Mookie instastory he is LA airport now with Seven van waiting.
kaptkaos
1/9/2018 9:52am
kaptkaos wrote:
Its 75 and sunny in Florida right now.... I think Mookie has access to little track that might be good enough to test and train on...

kongols wrote:
"Talking to J-Bone at A1, it's pretty cold back at JGR and there was a chance of snow coming in. He mentioned they hadn't been riding till around noon because they needed time for the tracks to thaw out. The also have bikes stationed out at Yoshimura's raceshop right now."

Easy to get a practice bike to Florida from NC.

Regarding your dumb comment, I hope that made you feel like a bad-ass super smart Vitard keyboard warrior!

You are excelling at it.

ML512
Fantasy
54th
1/9/2018 9:58am
kaptkaos wrote:

kongols wrote:
kaptkaos wrote:
"Talking to J-Bone at A1, it's pretty cold back at JGR and there was a chance of snow coming in. He mentioned they hadn't been riding...
"Talking to J-Bone at A1, it's pretty cold back at JGR and there was a chance of snow coming in. He mentioned they hadn't been riding till around noon because they needed time for the tracks to thaw out. The also have bikes stationed out at Yoshimura's raceshop right now."

Easy to get a practice bike to Florida from NC.

Regarding your dumb comment, I hope that made you feel like a bad-ass super smart Vitard keyboard warrior!

You are excelling at it.

They've been down that road before with James...they'll be testing where they have equipment and staff available. They aren't going to pull a ton of resources to get bikes and staff down there, when they have riders on the team out on this coast as well. In this case, the staff is mostly out here to prep bikes and head to Houston. Not many guys would go all the way back to North Carolina, just to build bikes for Malcolm, drive down to Florida and test with him...when they need to be out here, prepping race bikes at Yoshimura's shop, work with the riders, and get the truck ready to go to Houston.

Logistics...
mb60
1/9/2018 10:00am
I'm pretty sure this is why Mookie posted a picture of him on a Suzuki stating he would miss A1. Good for him if it's a few rides and it worked out for Weimer if I remember right. Hope it works out for him and he makes the Houston round.

Post a reply to: Where's Malcolm TWMX

The Latest