Where's Malcolm TWMX

chad_111
1/8/2018 9:47pm
MxKing809 wrote:
This. I can’t stand Reed.... but how would Husky give that ride to Mookie when Chad actually put the effort in to show up the first...
This. I can’t stand Reed.... but how would Husky give that ride to Mookie when Chad actually put the effort in to show up the first god damned race. That bike should go to Chad... or LITERALLY ANYONE who was on the gate at A1.
Reed is already promoting Husky without them even paying him.
mingham97
1/8/2018 9:49pm
js451 wrote:
Fourth post in a row, I'm not at all excited
When youre that fired up in a thread you refresh the page for more comments and info LaughingLaughing us vitards are a special kind
APLMAN99
1/8/2018 10:15pm
bents wrote:
If, IF, he shows up to race, I'll take Reed for a better main event result.
MxKing809 wrote:
This. I can’t stand Reed.... but how would Husky give that ride to Mookie when Chad actually put the effort in to show up the first...
This. I can’t stand Reed.... but how would Husky give that ride to Mookie when Chad actually put the effort in to show up the first god damned race. That bike should go to Chad... or LITERALLY ANYONE who was on the gate at A1.
Chad might be a little bit locked in to Boost for at least some money to go racing, and I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted some decent coin to rep the RockStar bikes. Husky may not really be able to give him a factory bike without him running RockStar, creating a bit of an impasse.

Chad's been around quite a while and I could see him not wanting to rep a bigger sponsor without being paid for really well. Not really ego, but just wanting what he thinks he deserves to run a big yellow star. The team may not have that budget for a fill in, and I'm pretty sure that Malcolm would cost quite a bit less.
kongols
1/8/2018 10:26pm
bents wrote:
MxKing809 wrote:
Remember last year Malcolm turned down good offers because he did not want to betray people who supported him with his own team? The same goes for Reed.

The Shop

Rockinar
1/8/2018 11:13pm
I still dont see any reason a factory team would give Mookie a shot. He has not raced in 7 months, out of shape and turned his phone off months ago. It just does not make sense to pick Mookie.

Only think I can think of, he has a BFF at Suzuki who's willing to let him ride a week or two till Bogle gets the cobwebs out. I dont see any reason Kawi, KTM or Husky would call him. Their riders just have bruises. Bogle's issues seem to be the most serious.
tek14
1/8/2018 11:26pm
Rockinar wrote:
I still dont see any reason a factory team would give Mookie a shot. He has not raced in 7 months, out of shape and turned...
I still dont see any reason a factory team would give Mookie a shot. He has not raced in 7 months, out of shape and turned his phone off months ago. It just does not make sense to pick Mookie.

Only think I can think of, he has a BFF at Suzuki who's willing to let him ride a week or two till Bogle gets the cobwebs out. I dont see any reason Kawi, KTM or Husky would call him. Their riders just have bruises. Bogle's issues seem to be the most serious.
Benny Bloss has fractured sternum also.
jeffro503
1/8/2018 11:34pm
The report said " test ride ". So who knows what that means. I see him getting into the mains but honestly don't see him doing any better than about 15th - 20th. I'm going off the fitness the guy is in. Maybe a good fill in guy but don't see much happening after , unless he shows some ambition.
tek14
1/8/2018 11:43pm
How can everyone "know" Mookies Fitness level? Guy been posting cycling, gym and riding pics last 6 months.. even Roczen was at operating table same 6 months ago. He might not be shape to take top3 but half a field doesnt even have speed to be top like he has.
jeffro503
1/8/2018 11:49pm
tek14 wrote:
How can everyone "know" Mookies Fitness level? Guy been posting cycling, gym and riding pics last 6 months.. even Roczen was at operating table same 6...
How can everyone "know" Mookies Fitness level? Guy been posting cycling, gym and riding pics last 6 months.. even Roczen was at operating table same 6 months ago. He might not be shape to take top3 but half a field doesnt even have speed to be top like he has.
That's what a lot of guys said last year. He looks heavier and more out of shape now then he did last year. The few pics floating in the other thread , didn't look to fit to me. But I guess we'll see won't we.
redrider400
1/9/2018 12:19am
It just blows me away how he doesn't have a factory ride when riders like Millsaps, Tickle, Grant do. Not to take anything away from those guys, but Mookie has speed and is very marketable I would think.
js451
1/9/2018 12:57am
mingham97 wrote:
When youre that fired up in a thread you refresh the page for more comments and info LaughingLaughing us vitards are a special kind
I did refresh haha it seemed like an hour before someone else posted! So do we know if it's Suzuki for sure? Either way pumped to see mookie potentially line up this weekend.
Acidreamer
1/9/2018 1:15am
I bet he shows up at A2 on his privateer kawasaki.
agn5009
1/9/2018 1:24am
It just blows me away how he doesn't have a factory ride when riders like Millsaps, Tickle, Grant do. Not to take anything away from those...
It just blows me away how he doesn't have a factory ride when riders like Millsaps, Tickle, Grant do. Not to take anything away from those guys, but Mookie has speed and is very marketable I would think.
You think Mookie would place higher than Grant, Millsaps and Tickle? Blush yikes.

I wish Mookie the best of luck. I hope to see him out there and in great shape. He's a great rider that just needs to show a little but more determination and he could have a great ride and make good money.
PTshox
1/9/2018 1:38am
The drama around the Stewarts has turned me off to their game.... Show up and race. Or Don't! But, dear god, don't play people.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
1/9/2018 2:16am
JGR could make sense if Bogle is out for awhile (No idea if he is or not)

But it would / could also explain why he missed A1 (Malcom that is)

About to ride A1, gets a call from JGR saying they may have a ride for him, but he does not want to race the bike without riding it.

So skips A1 so he can ride the bike this week and come out and race a bike he has at least ridden once at round 2

I could be way off here. Guess we will find out soon enough.
tek14
1/9/2018 2:39am
We need drones/planes flying around test track area for sure...
downard254
1/9/2018 3:41am
Well, no matter who’s bike he’s on, I’m going to stick my neck out and say this is possibly his last chance for a solid ride on high level equipment. If he starts decent and works his way towards the rear this year, then I think that will kill his chances for something permanent.
Question, does anyone know if his kidney issues from a few years ago are resolved, or do they still affect him during hard training/racing in outdoor heat.
djc
1/9/2018 4:07am
I am a huge fan of mookie but I don't see a good result right away. I hope I am wrong. But based on what he did last year and based on him not showing much of anything until a few weeks ago of him riding I wonder how ready he is. Either way I wish him the best and can't wait to see him out there I think he deserves a shoot at least.
Tuna
1/9/2018 4:10am
Mookie does not deserve a paid ride. He should be out there riding on his own dime.
Lazy kid with no work ethic.
Dtat720
1/9/2018 4:37am
bents wrote:
MxKing809 wrote:
Malcolm did say before A1, something came up all of a sudden as for why he didnt race. Maybe, just maybe, it is for Bogles ride and JGR asked him not to race and rather stay behind and test the bike. Maybe. Who knows, just a guess
reded
1/9/2018 4:44am
The Stewart's are like the people at work who rarely show up to work yet somehow manage to come up with just the right amount of excuses to stay on the payroll. I call it "dead weight."
Mickolobe7
1/9/2018 4:49am
Tuna wrote:
Mookie does not deserve a paid ride. He should be out there riding on his own dime.
Dude you live in Canada, how do you know or have any idea of what Malcolm has been doing since last Supercross season and specially the off season? Do you have a drone that flies from Canada A? Or what you have people on the inside.

I don't post that much on here but check in time to time to keep updated on the sport and to see someone behind a keyboard saying this about someone "Mookie does not deserve a paid ride. He should be out there riding on his own dime. Lazy kid with no work ethic. is pretty shitty you have No Idea of what he does. I get it that this is your own opinion but man how negative do you have to be about a person? Even if we were talking about someone else I think that you have no place to talk shit about someone like that because you don't know.

Excuse me if Im out of line. I guess I don't know who you are and what you do either.

I don't know if he deserves it or not but in my own opinion I hope he finally gets a factory ride to shut up all the Naysayers. The last time he had a factory ride and support he won a championship.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
1/9/2018 5:22am Edited Date/Time 1/9/2018 5:26am
Tuna wrote:
Mickolobe7 wrote:
Dude you live in Canada, how do you know or have any idea of what Malcolm has been doing since last Supercross season and specially the...
Dude you live in Canada, how do you know or have any idea of what Malcolm has been doing since last Supercross season and specially the off season? Do you have a drone that flies from Canada A? Or what you have people on the inside.

I don't post that much on here but check in time to time to keep updated on the sport and to see someone behind a keyboard saying this about someone "Mookie does not deserve a paid ride. He should be out there riding on his own dime. Lazy kid with no work ethic. is pretty shitty you have No Idea of what he does. I get it that this is your own opinion but man how negative do you have to be about a person? Even if we were talking about someone else I think that you have no place to talk shit about someone like that because you don't know.

Excuse me if Im out of line. I guess I don't know who you are and what you do either.

I don't know if he deserves it or not but in my own opinion I hope he finally gets a factory ride to shut up all the Naysayers. The last time he had a factory ride and support he won a championship.
Get off your pedestal man. If Mookie wasn't lazy or just terrible with PR he would be racing right now. Mookie cant last more than 8 laps anyway. Where was his lazy a** for the past 2 outdoors, oh that's right on the river. FYI, SX only isn't the answer, especially not for someone like Mookie.

Don't get me wrong If you are injured that is one thing, but to just not race the first few rounds (last year and this year) is just insane.... Speaking of that where the heck is James?

As a professional athlete you at least owe the fans of the sport and your sponsors a word on what is going on. No fans = no fancy cars and the freaking paychecks he/they got racing. Bunch of bums down there.
bestmx
1/9/2018 5:23am
My opinion:

Husky - Looking at Deano's instagram, it's clear he's 100% committed to coming back ASAP. (this weekend)

BTO/ KTM - I'm sure A-Rod will jump up for Benny and with the fly/ 7 ordeal, this probably wouldn't happen anyway.

Kawi - Nope! Eli's not injured, just undid his pants as a reason to get out of his astar contract because that gear is ugly!

Suzuki - I imagine with Hanny out, Mookie was contacted by Team 100. However, as per their agreement with JGR one rider may have to jump across as a fill in for JGR. This in mind, I'd imagine Mookie will probably be on Team 100 and Bisceglia will jump across to JGR. Simply on the Basis of a Stewart being under the JGR tent being unlikely. That said, stranger things have happened.
MX-LIFE.
1/9/2018 5:40am
reded wrote:
The Stewart's are like the people at work who rarely show up to work yet somehow manage to come up with just the right amount of...
The Stewart's are like the people at work who rarely show up to work yet somehow manage to come up with just the right amount of excuses to stay on the payroll. I call it "dead weight."
I don't recall James looking for work.lol ? Stupid comment
1/9/2018 5:46am
mx 219 wrote:
Get off your pedestal man. If Mookie wasn't lazy or just terrible with PR he would be racing right now. Mookie cant last more than 8...
Get off your pedestal man. If Mookie wasn't lazy or just terrible with PR he would be racing right now. Mookie cant last more than 8 laps anyway. Where was his lazy a** for the past 2 outdoors, oh that's right on the river. FYI, SX only isn't the answer, especially not for someone like Mookie.

Don't get me wrong If you are injured that is one thing, but to just not race the first few rounds (last year and this year) is just insane.... Speaking of that where the heck is James?

As a professional athlete you at least owe the fans of the sport and your sponsors a word on what is going on. No fans = no fancy cars and the freaking paychecks he/they got racing. Bunch of bums down there.
Mookie doesn't owe you shit!! And he doesn't give a damn what you think!! He's living life!
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
1/9/2018 6:08am Edited Date/Time 1/9/2018 6:24am
mx 219 wrote:
Get off your pedestal man. If Mookie wasn't lazy or just terrible with PR he would be racing right now. Mookie cant last more than 8...

Mookie doesn't owe you shit!! And he doesn't give a damn what you think!! He's living life!
no fans = no sponsors = no money for the sport = another job

Mookie or James don't owe ME a thing, you are right. But they do owe the fans (you, me, and everyone on here) a little info on whats going on. That is what a professional athlete does and what professional sports demand.

I don't know the Stewart's personally, but it seems disrespectful that they wouldn't say what's going on. James is retired, okay... JUST FREAKING SAY IT and get it over with. It doesn't help that MX has piss poor PR for the most part, so its not really a shock to me. Just frustrating.
PJ205
1/9/2018 6:18am
Man, the stupidity of some of the comments around here is astounding!
Motodave15
1/9/2018 6:47am
you dont win a championship without work ethic... period.... some fucking tools in this thread.

Post a reply to: Where's Malcolm TWMX

The Latest