Where would T. VIALLE rank in 250 outdoors ?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/7/2021 6:36 AM

I know this is only speculations but I have always thought 250 outdoors was a bit deeper than MX2 (mostly because of the age rule). With the same 23 year old rule in outdoor you would put guys like the Martin's, Hampshire, Nichols out of the way. But as it is right now with Jett, Justin, Jeremy and Hunter in the top 4 spots, where do you THINK Tom Vialle would rank ? Challenging for Jett's red plate ? Battling Hunter for the podium ?

And where would you rank Tom's rivals ? (Jago, Max Renaux, Benistant, Guadagnini, RVDM39)

|

6/7/2021 7:03 AM

Very hard question to answer. I think Vialle is the real deal so think he would/could challenge for the red plate. The others you mentioned, all top ten guys but it’s hard to say because in this sport there are micro levels of speed.

You could also ask the same question the other way around too.

|

6/7/2021 7:13 AM

I think you’d be shocked what the top guys in the MX2 field would do in the AMA outdoor series.

|

6/7/2021 7:20 AM

Hard to say. He has made huge improvements every single year so this year he may be a lot better than last year. I'd say the 2020 Vialle would be fighting with Hunter. At least speedwise that's where I see him. But he's very consistent

|

6/7/2021 7:31 AM

He'd be near the front at least, holeshoting every moto like usual. I saw him race in person yesterday, he's impressive. Very composed, barely any mistakes on a very technical track, he's the real deal.

|

6/7/2021 7:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/7/2021 7:36 AM

I think Vialle would do very well, he’s in the Prado mold of holes hot and making very few mistakes but I’d be more interested to see Jago’s top speed vs Jett and Cooper. If only he could keep it on two wheels.

|

6/7/2021 7:43 AM

Jago was a lot slower yesterday, and hurt his knee in second moto. Bummer for him. Benistant and Boisramé were also very fast.

|

6/7/2021 7:44 AM

Vialle is. hard one because I think he's so smooth that he looks slower than he really is. When you look at the guys who finish behind him like RvdM, Gifting, etc., they look like they're flying.

|

6/7/2021 8:58 AM

I think Vialle is great. But I honestly think he would be 3-6 range most of the time. I think the speed of our 250 class is higher than the MX2. But the opposite in 450/MXGP. I think he wouldnt be as good over here either on a production based bike. The KTM 250 MX2 bike is the best 250 in the world I believe. Much like racing a Star Yamaha here in the states.

|

6/7/2021 9:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/7/2021 9:17 AM

We should be able to answer this at the mxon if the dumb ass french federation management don't fuck Viable due to a stupid hat design.

The french federation is like the defunct US Yamaha factory team.

|

6/7/2021 9:23 AM

agn5008 wrote:

I think you’d be shocked what the top guys in the MX2 field would do in the AMA outdoor series.

I know you all like to make this comment, but coming here full time racing the whole series...No way they shock like you think.. Do they run top 5..top 10 yes. Do they come out and smoke everyone? No way,,

|

6/7/2021 9:27 AM

agn5008 wrote:

Brad460 wrote:

I know you all like to make this comment, but coming here full time racing the whole series...No way they shock like you ...more

I’m not saying he’d smoke everyone. But I guarantee you he wouldn’t be 5-10. He’d be fighting for wins and championships. A world class athlete is a world class athlete. I don’t know how much more proof people need before seeing that these guys in the MXGP series are legit. They are better at motocross than our guys whether you or anyone else wants to admit it. It’s been proven over the last couple years. We’re better at SX and they’re better at MX. It’s not big deal.

|

6/7/2021 10:33 AM

I would be more interested to see how the EMX riders would compare to the AMA 250 outdoors.

|

6/7/2021 11:01 AM

He's only getting better each year as well, his trajectory has been incredible. He's gone from a 10th place emx250 rider to world champion in 3 seasons.

|

6/7/2021 11:28 AM

Renner153 wrote:

I think Vialle is great. But I honestly think he would be 3-6 range most of the time. I think the speed of our 250 class is ...more

Is Hunter Lawrence a potential outdoor winner and champion?

|

6/7/2021 12:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/7/2021 2:42 PM

Ama 250 stronger lol over 23 martin yes.
Hampshire would be still crashing in mx2

|

6/7/2021 2:48 PM

Most of you folks didn't clearly followed the last 10 years of MXDNs. 5-10 guy. Lke seriously?

|

Power is nothing without control

6/7/2021 2:53 PM

Somewhere between 1st and 40th would be my guess........

|

6/7/2021 3:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/7/2021 3:35 PM

Renner153 wrote:

I think Vialle is great. But I honestly think he would be 3-6 range most of the time. I think the speed of our 250 class is ...more

alex69 wrote:

With a healthy jmart? No, hunter is not IMO. Jmart, cooper and Jett are our the best guys. Don’t forget, last time any of these guys raced together, cooper waxed geerts in assen mxon qualifier. And had he not broke his hand the first lap of the first MOTO, he likely would have done the same in the races. Geerts speed is better than vialles (well judging by the preseason races this year maybe he’s not on the same level).

|

6/7/2021 3:43 PM

keinz wrote:

Most of you folks didn't clearly followed the last 10 years of MXDNs. 5-10 guy. Lke seriously?

I think he'd do better than that but not because of the last 10 years of MXdN . Coming over for an entire series is an adjustment. They only rider I could see coming over and dominating right off the bat would be Herlings assuming he's on his top form .

|

6/7/2021 3:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/7/2021 3:54 PM

Depends which KTM 250 he is riding ??? Euro factory or the USA one .

|

6/7/2021 3:57 PM

keinz wrote:

ATKpilot99 wrote:

I think he'd do better than that but not because of the last 10 years of MXdN . Coming over for an entire series is an ...more

Prado and his holeshot hability could come out on top right away.

|

6/7/2021 6:27 PM

Park Boys wrote:

I think Vialle would do very well, he’s in the Prado mold of holes hot and making very few mistakes but I’d be more interested ...more

Jago seems to screw his career up. He was on the same level of Prado for almost his entire 85cc career. Because he and his parents wanted to do school the normal way he raced EMX a little longer then Prado but look at him at the moment. Last year he gets beaten by Vialle, who back then wasn't a big name... If I'm not mistaken he was paying (or his sponsors) the team of Julien Lieber to go with him to all the EMX250 races back in 2019.

This year Jago raced a few preparation races and those were very underwhelming. This while a few years ago I really thought he would go for world championships and maybe AMA titles because he is pretty good at supercross too. (raced it on his 125cc). But now I'm very much in doubt.

|

6/7/2021 10:27 PM

Renner153 wrote:

alex69 wrote:

Renner153 wrote:

With a healthy jmart? No, hunter is not IMO. Jmart, cooper and Jett are our the best guys. Don’t forget, last time any of ...more

Oké Hunter Lawrence never won a GP, only one Mx2 victory in the MXON, Vialle is a multiple GP winner and world champion and beaten Geerts more than once especially on hard pack circuits.
So if Hunter is a top 5 guy in the AMA I think Vialle would be a podium contender every week.

|

6/7/2021 10:34 PM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

I think he'd do better than that but not because of the last 10 years of MXdN . Coming over for an entire series is an ...more

I would add Gajser and Prado to your very short list.
wink

|

6/8/2021 1:19 AM

Renner153 wrote:

alex69 wrote:

Yes

|

6/8/2021 2:32 AM

RalphS wrote:

We should be able to answer this at the mxon if the dumb ass french federation management don't fuck Viable due to a stupid ...more

You're right, the French federation don't know nuthin' 'bout winning those damn'Nations!
laughing

|

6/8/2021 3:10 AM

Podium contender,with his lighting starts he'd no doubt have some wins,his race speed last week was legit comparing to the MX1 guys,but it would oepend on how he'd adapt
Love to see it as always,likewise hopefully if we get a MXDN

|

(I also regret my username,funny at the time "you had to be there..")

6/8/2021 3:12 AM

As a European, it is quite funny to read that the MX2 world champion would be "5 to 10" in a national championship smile)))

|

6/8/2021 3:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/8/2021 3:19 AM

spojetski wrote:

As a European, it is quite funny to read that the MX2 world champion would be "5 to 10" in a national championship smile)))

Yeah, just like Ferrandis was second fiddle to herlings and he destroyed 250fs and now is winning motos in 450s, going off vital logic Ferrandis is now better than herlings.

|