Where will Gajser stand at MEC ?

RG1
10/15/2017 5:08am
Motofinne wrote:
It was still a positive display from him. He had good speed and he was 3rd while he crashed. Btw that section was not well planned...
It was still a positive display from him. He had good speed and he was 3rd while he crashed.

Btw that section was not well planned. Coming into a triple with that speed is a recipe for disaster, anyone that rides knows that judging a jump is very difficult when you have to slow down for it. Especially when the transitions were very steep and short, there were no margin of error.
Yeah, that was a gnarly section. As you said, they were coming into it with way more speed than they needed, which made it very difficult to judge. There were a lot of guys who clipped their rear wheel on the landing of the first triple and getting away with it. Gajser's crash was quite similar to Kenny's crash at MEC last year
kage173
10/15/2017 8:12am
Pretty much exactly what everybody said he would do. He was fast but then he weeded it. I'd be happy to see him come over, but almost every time he races a sx type event he wrecks. Now imagine doing that every weekend. He wouldn't last long.

Maybe go 250 so it's only 8 races and then outdoors for a couple years to get his feet under him, if he really wants to ride with the big dogs in the US
DonM
10/15/2017 8:14am
Motofinne wrote:
It was still a positive display from him. He had good speed and he was 3rd while he crashed. Btw that section was not well planned...
It was still a positive display from him. He had good speed and he was 3rd while he crashed.

Btw that section was not well planned. Coming into a triple with that speed is a recipe for disaster, anyone that rides knows that judging a jump is very difficult when you have to slow down for it. Especially when the transitions were very steep and short, there were no margin of error.
You may want to rewatch that...he wasn't in 3rd when he crashed
Motofinne
10/15/2017 8:32am
Motofinne wrote:

DonM wrote:
Yeah that is true, i had to work when the race was on so i missed that he got passed.

The Shop

Zesiger 112
Fantasy
1835th
10/15/2017 8:38am
Motofinne wrote:

DonM wrote:
Look at finishes not running position. I agree he had sprint speed comparable to the lead, but he couldn't maintain every lap.
Mike Alessi holeshots and leads but we don't say "look where he was running he could have......"
KDXGarage
10/15/2017 8:48am
The plates are all set out on the table. Wash your hands. Cut your own slice of humble pie, but slice thinly as there need to be a lot of slices to go around for ALL... OF... YOU... that came on here thinking he was going to tear it up.
Motofinne
10/15/2017 8:50am
KDXGarage wrote:
The plates are all set out on the table. Wash your hands. Cut your own slice of humble pie, but slice thinly as there need to...
The plates are all set out on the table. Wash your hands. Cut your own slice of humble pie, but slice thinly as there need to be a lot of slices to go around for ALL... OF... YOU... that came on here thinking he was going to tear it up.
What is your problem?

You seem happy that he had a big crash.
KDXGarage
10/15/2017 9:02am
I hate for anyone to crash. I wish he had kept it on two wheels and gained experience and had a fun time.

It's just all of you that thought just because he was MXGP champion, had his own backyard SX track, did well in the foo foo Euro SX, etc. meant he was going to MEC and wreck the "been doing this for years" guys. SO MUCH talk.

By the way, YOU can get seconds.
Idp57
Fantasy
2571st
10/15/2017 9:06am
KDXGarage wrote:
I hate for anyone to crash. I wish he had kept it on two wheels and gained experience and had a fun time. It's just all...
I hate for anyone to crash. I wish he had kept it on two wheels and gained experience and had a fun time.

It's just all of you that thought just because he was MXGP champion, had his own backyard SX track, did well in the foo foo Euro SX, etc. meant he was going to MEC and wreck the "been doing this for years" guys. SO MUCH talk.

Can you tell us something about Tomac?
Motofinne
10/15/2017 9:22am Edited Date/Time 10/15/2017 9:23am
KDXGarage wrote:
I hate for anyone to crash. I wish he had kept it on two wheels and gained experience and had a fun time. It's just all...

Backyard AX track, lets be honest. His track is far from the proper preparation for a race like MEC.

He did well at SMX cup. But that track was a sand based and weird AX track. Nothing like MEC.

Put Gajser on a full US SX training camp for 2 months and he will get podiums in US SX. He is a world class talent, top 5 in the world and only 21 years old. He would figure it out without a doubt.
KDXGarage
10/15/2017 9:26am
The title of this thread is,"Where will Gajser stand at MEC ?".
Mit12
10/15/2017 9:30am
KDXGarage wrote:
It took a turn into how did he do.
pilotdude
10/15/2017 10:00am
KDXGarage wrote:

Motofinne wrote:
Backyard AX track, lets be honest. His track is far from the proper preparation for a race like MEC. He did well at SMX cup. But...
Backyard AX track, lets be honest. His track is far from the proper preparation for a race like MEC.

He did well at SMX cup. But that track was a sand based and weird AX track. Nothing like MEC.

Put Gajser on a full US SX training camp for 2 months and he will get podiums in US SX. He is a world class talent, top 5 in the world and only 21 years old. He would figure it out without a doubt.
He might get podiums, he might not. He might also destroy himself at that 2 month SX training camp, as many full time SX riders have done before the season. This is a young man's sport. He's been riding the GP's for half a decade now, so he's not "only" 21. If it's true that riders really have about a 10 year career, he's halfway through his. Carmichael, Dungey, and Villopoto all retired at "only" 27. There are exceptions, but this seems to be the general rule.
RG1
10/15/2017 12:15pm Edited Date/Time 10/15/2017 12:16pm
KDXGarage wrote:

Motofinne wrote:
Backyard AX track, lets be honest. His track is far from the proper preparation for a race like MEC. He did well at SMX cup. But...

pilotdude wrote:
He might get podiums, he might not. He might also destroy himself at that 2 month SX training camp, as many full time SX riders have...
He might get podiums, he might not. He might also destroy himself at that 2 month SX training camp, as many full time SX riders have done before the season. This is a young man's sport. He's been riding the GP's for half a decade now, so he's not "only" 21. If it's true that riders really have about a 10 year career, he's halfway through his. Carmichael, Dungey, and Villopoto all retired at "only" 27. There are exceptions, but this seems to be the general rule.
Can't remember too many Europeans who retired at 26, retiring at that age is not the general rule at all. He was one of, if not the youngest guy out there at MEC. He still has plenty of time to learn
pilotdude
10/15/2017 12:19pm
Motofinne wrote:

pilotdude wrote:
He might get podiums, he might not. He might also destroy himself at that 2 month SX training camp, as many full time SX riders have...
RG1 wrote:
Can't remember too many Europeans who retired at 26, retiring at that age is not the general rule at all. He was one of, if not...
Can't remember too many Europeans who retired at 26, retiring at that age is not the general rule at all. He was one of, if not the youngest guy out there at MEC. He still has plenty of time to learn
I think that is definitely true for the GP riders, and I think the lack of "deathcross" is one of the reasons for that. It sure seems lately like the whole U.S. SX/Motocross combination has been cutting a lot of careers shorter than they would have been.
hogkiller
10/15/2017 2:52pm
KDXGarage wrote:
Mit12 wrote:
It took a turn into how did he do.
Where will Gajser stand at MEC ?". Well he was not standing ... on the ground he lays....
10/15/2017 2:53pm
I kinda called it. I said something would happen to him. Riding at a test track is different and he’s never raced an SX Track (not counting the sand euro SX track) Yeah MEC isn’t a pure SX track but it’s the closest thing he’s gotten to so far. Lucky he has no injuries
cali11
10/15/2017 3:19pm
goony wrote:
I look forward to all the american excuses of how little this supercross track was a supercross track if the euro win Im a euro tomac...
I look forward to all the american excuses of how little this supercross track was a supercross track if the euro win
Im a euro tomac fan, its not easy i tell you that
cali11 wrote:
Well?
philG wrote:
The results will show that he beat Tomac..
The results will show he is not quite ready to race 450 SX. I was impressed with his speed, but I'm afraid on a real SX track with whoops he will get himself hurt. He will need to race 250 for a few years before he makes that jump.
philG
10/15/2017 3:53pm
cali11 wrote:
The results will show he is not quite ready to race 450 SX. I was impressed with his speed, but I'm afraid on a real SX...
The results will show he is not quite ready to race 450 SX. I was impressed with his speed, but I'm afraid on a real SX track with whoops he will get himself hurt. He will need to race 250 for a few years before he makes that jump.
He is a double world Champion.. you kinda dont need to that when thats is on your CV. Nor are you allowed to .
Graybeard
Fantasy
2478th
10/15/2017 4:51pm
Frankly, I hope he doesn’t come over here to race SX, I hate watching these guys wad up in the Circus ring, and he’s so damn good outdoors! Just my opinion, but I was not happy to see three riders carted off in one main. I’d rather watch him for years to come at the GPs.

Post a reply to: Where will Gajser stand at MEC ?

The Latest