Where were these bikes when I was a kid?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/23/2018 9:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2018 9:33 AM

We dig things that help little riders get started on two wheels, and if it's got a throttle? All the better. The gang at STACYC fired over this video to show off what their electric-powered bikes can do, and how much fun little dudes can have on them. Kids can ride sooner, and it's a great way for them to learn balance, throttle control, and braking with the ultimate goal to help progress to motorcycles.

Ripping on STACYC Bikes on Vital MX

Photo
STACYC 12”
Perfect for 3-5-year-old rippers under 75 lbs., with 14-20” inseam
12” composite wheels with pneumatic tires
Seat Height: 13″, fully adjustable
Weight: 17 lbs. with battery
Frame: TIG-Welded Aluminum

The proprietary drive system has three power selection modes:
Low/Training mode ~ 5mph
Med/Transitional mode ~ 7mph
High/Advanced mode ~ 9mph
Final Drive: BMX chain and freewheel

Industrial grade, lithium-ion battery, and charger*
Quick disconnect/connect battery

PhotoSTACYC 16”
Perfect for 4-7-year-old rippers under 75 lbs., with 18-24” inseam
16” composite wheels with pneumatic tires
Seat Height: 17″
Weight: 19 lbs. with battery
Frame: TIG-welded and heat-treated aluminum
Fork: Steel, BMX style

The proprietary drive system has three power selection modes:
Low/Training mode ~ 5mph
Med/Transitional mode ~ 7.5mph
High/Advanced mode ~ 11mph

Thermal protection for motor and controller
Final Drive: BMX chain and freewheel

Learn More at www.stacyc.com.
|

7/23/2018 9:57 AM

Looks like a blast. It can be a challenge as a parent to figure out which things will deliver fun and progression while thinking about $ and how short the window for use is. Balance bike, first pedal bike, P-dub/CRF50, and even Razor MX350 are all in contention.

Mine had a Strider, then Specialized Hotrock, and then P-dub. I'd say the Strider was best for $. He never used training wheels on anything due to great balance developed on it and he still farts around on the thing from time to time.

The places I can see this fitting is before the p-dub, or giving him a motorized bike to ride around the neighborhood without noise, or in the place of a Strider (maybe it could be balance bike, then turn on motor after he gets the balance going). But the best would probably be before the p-dub. Those things are still heavy for a 4 year old and getting him throttle control and brake practice would help.

Anyway, they are badass. Just giving the opinion of a Dad who tries to push his pennies as far as they will go.

|

7/23/2018 10:17 AM

I have been following them for years. The things look like they would be fricken sweet!

|

Instagram: logi.bear93
Youtube: Logi. Bear93

7/23/2018 10:24 AM

The Stryder bikes eliminate the need for training wheels. The STACYC looks like a great way to learn throttle control.

|

Instagram: @motoxeno

Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com

7/23/2018 10:39 AM

Im teaching my 3yr old daughter throttle control by letting her do the throttle while we ride her pw50 together (I would just tell her to get on the gas or to let off randomly to make sure she had full control and she picked it up very quickly). I have adjustable training wheels on the way (should be at my door sometime today actually) so that she can gradually progress with her balance and throttle control. The Stacyc bikes are cool, but i just don't see a need for them when it comes to learning to ride a bike. Would be cool just to take to campgrounds and such though for her to cruise around on.

|

2018 crf450r
2015 Ninja 1000

7/23/2018 10:44 AM

My LiL guy started pushing the STACYC at 2 years old and shortly after I took him to the park, tossed him into the grass with the lowest power level and showed him the throttle, the smiles and laughter that came out as soon as he was able to twist the throttle I will never forget! These bikes are so great and now at 2.5 he can ride it around my entire neighborhood with his feet up. Training wheels will never be talked about in our family now thanks to these amazing bikes. These bikes are such a great transition to getting him onto a dirtbike and a great way to get more riders out there.

|

7/23/2018 10:47 AM

They are great, my kids have them. They weren’t out when my older daughter learned to ride her PW50. It took weeks to get her to ride by herself.
My younger daughter had spent 6 months on the stacyc and it took less than 10 minutes for her to start riding the PW on the first day we took it out.
100% the stacyc made a huge difference.

|

7/23/2018 10:51 AM

I'll be in the market for something like this in about 2 years. Can't wait to see what's out there at that time to get my little guy on.

|

7/23/2018 11:07 AM

Wish I knew about these 3yrs ago. Even though my kids still transitioned from balance bike to pedal bike to PW/CRF 50 with no problems.

|

7/23/2018 1:44 PM

Link is broken GuyB

|