Where to stay in Salt Lake City?

Edited Date/Time 3/23/2021 8:36pm
Any input on what would be a fun area of SLC to book a hotel in for SLC SX??

I won the Dirt Dreams moto vacation in PulpMX Fantasy for the Nationals last year for my 2nd place overall finish (Shmitchell Shmalk's DNF-DNS in the final round cost me the 2020 YZ250F BlinkPinch )..

Myself and a buddy are flying into SLC on April 24th to ride with Davy from Dirt Dreams for the week leading up to the SX Finale, and we'll be booking a hotel room somewhere in SLC for the SX finale before flying home on Sunday May 2nd..

Advice on what side of town would be a fun area for two guys in their late 30s to stay in? Would love to see what SLC has to offer, get some beverages, etc. Is that a different side of town than where would be ideal to stay near Brice Eccles stadium?? Any advice from the locals would be killer and mucho appreciated!
|
dgmx
3/23/2021 6:08am
Anything east of route 15 and north of route 80 is where you would want to be for that. Downtown or sugarhouse would be the areas to stay in
JT Moto
3/23/2021 6:39am
SLC is a armpit. Spend the extra coin and stay in PC.
stone881
3/23/2021 6:44am
Yeah like JT said, SLC is not a very appealing city when it comes to nightlife. Only options are to stay downtown, which would be very convenient for the race, or stay in Park City, where the action happens.
bvm111
3/23/2021 7:18am
stay with marvin and Velma in provo utah... Those are three names I enjoy; Marvin, Velma, and Provo!

The Shop

soggy
Fantasy
3846th
3/23/2021 8:18am
Sugarhouse/down town for the bar scene. There are lots of craft breweries around if you like good beer. Proper brewing, salt fire, red rock all have ones I like.
Tyler_Coff303
3/23/2021 12:39pm
Depends if you got the money to spend. Grand America is an amazing hotel right in the heart of SLC (a bit pricey) but worth it. Park city is about 30-45 minutes from SLC and also really nice. I would stick to SLC downtown.
Maddeh
Fantasy
319th
3/23/2021 1:59pm
Hotel Monaco downtown, ride Trax to the race and back. Tons of good bars and restaurants within walking distance. Or stay at the Marriott on campus, find some tailgaters in the south lot before the race, and wander the neighborhoods west of the stadium afterward looking for college parties. Get pizza and beer at The Pie.
peelout
3/23/2021 3:43pm
Marriott City Creek is nice, central to pretty much everything in SLC. plenty of micro breweries in walking distance. check out The Bayou, great food, beer, and atmosphere. there are plenty of badass Mexican and Italian restaurants and breakfast joints as well.

Downtown SLC there's tons of bars, restaurants, clubs, etc. easy to get to and from the stadium on the TRAX. easy to get down to Sugarhouse which is awesome.

unless you plan on skiing or downhill MTB (can't downhill MTB right now anyway) don't stay in Park City. if you have a few hours to kill one day it's worth cruising up and checking it out for sure. place is really only fun if you have a major outdoor sporting activity to do.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
3/23/2021 5:13pm
peelout wrote:
Marriott City Creek is nice, central to pretty much everything in SLC. plenty of micro breweries in walking distance. check out The Bayou, great food, beer...
Marriott City Creek is nice, central to pretty much everything in SLC. plenty of micro breweries in walking distance. check out The Bayou, great food, beer, and atmosphere. there are plenty of badass Mexican and Italian restaurants and breakfast joints as well.

Downtown SLC there's tons of bars, restaurants, clubs, etc. easy to get to and from the stadium on the TRAX. easy to get down to Sugarhouse which is awesome.

unless you plan on skiing or downhill MTB (can't downhill MTB right now anyway) don't stay in Park City. if you have a few hours to kill one day it's worth cruising up and checking it out for sure. place is really only fun if you have a major outdoor sporting activity to do.
All the pc resorts are closed by then so don’t plan on skiing! Haha But I tend to agree although the Main Street bar and restaurant scene is pretty good.
hititpind
3/23/2021 5:27pm
peelout wrote:
Marriott City Creek is nice, central to pretty much everything in SLC. plenty of micro breweries in walking distance. check out The Bayou, great food, beer...

Agreed. But Park city night life is pretty fun.
toddw12
3/23/2021 5:32pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2021 5:36pm
JT Moto wrote:
Not trying to be a dick, but you’re from the high dez in CA and talking about somewhere else being an armpit?
Brent
3/23/2021 5:56pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2021 5:59pm

I heard that this is the place to stay in SLC, some guys in ties on bicycles came to my door and told me all about it...

hititpind
3/23/2021 6:32pm
Brent wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/03/23/484701/s1200_2B4053A1_8B4F_4A41_B4DA_E7BB1D2A5C52.jpg[/img] I heard that this is the place to stay in SLC, some guys in ties on bicycles came to my door and told me all...

I heard that this is the place to stay in SLC, some guys in ties on bicycles came to my door and told me all about it...

I heard they had a race promotion going on. Racing fans stay free or something.
Hcallz5
3/23/2021 8:32pm
JT Moto wrote:
toddw12 wrote:
Not trying to be a dick, but you’re from the high dez in CA and talking about somewhere else being an armpit?
My thoughts exactly. Stay in California! Do not come here it's awful!

OP check out Little America, Grand America, Marriott City Creek.

There's actually a Marriott at the U of U that not bad, you'd be real close to the stadium. Maybe even walking distance depending on what shoes you're wearing.
8tensolutions
3/23/2021 8:36pm
Stay in Park city 100% or Snowbird would be cool too if you're not looking for nightlife.

Post a reply to: Where to stay in Salt Lake City?

The Latest