Where to stay for Tampa SX

BKoonts
Heading down from Jacksonville with my wife. Online reviews are ridiculous (pillows too fluffy, free breakfast wasn't good enough, etc). I'm unfamiliar with Tampa so I need some advice on decent hotels near the stadium, airport, or downtown. Thanks in advance.
|
Renner153
Fantasy
3578th
2/6/2020 1:58pm
The stadium and airport are about 5 miles from each other. I would stay at the hotels in Westshore
Thor34103
2/6/2020 1:59pm
There a bunch towards the airport from the stadium. Not sure what price range you are looking in. I’ve stayed at the Hampton by the World of Beer.
MX114
2/6/2020 2:40pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2020 2:40pm
A cool area of Tampa is Ybor City. If you enjoy some nightlife that’s a fun spot and it’s not too far

The Shop

McG194
2/6/2020 3:44pm
I always have good luck with the Hyatt Place hotels. Prices aren't bad and they are always clean and comfortable. I got a King room with a separate sitting area for $225ish. By no means are they resorts, they are great for working travelers. I am flagging both days so I need someplace comfortable to relax. I'm not looking for a place to party but they do have a low key bar on site that I will definitely close down Saturday night. It is 2.3 miles to the stadium so I'm just planning on Ubering over there.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/florida/hyatt-place-tampa-airport-wes…

Rupert X
2/6/2020 5:01pm
Recently stayed at the Embassy Suites Downtown. its near a marina and on the streetcar. Lovely place, Free boozefest and breakfast, Highly recommend. Checkout the nearby British pub.... Cheers.
McG194
2/6/2020 5:44pm
Rupert X wrote:
Recently stayed at the Embassy Suites Downtown. its near a marina and on the streetcar. Lovely place, Free boozefest and breakfast, Highly recommend. Checkout the nearby...
Recently stayed at the Embassy Suites Downtown. its near a marina and on the streetcar. Lovely place, Free boozefest and breakfast, Highly recommend. Checkout the nearby British pub.... Cheers.
That's a nice area down there. I stayed at the Marriot Waterside which is basically next door once and the New York Islanders were staying there while playing the Lightning in the playoffs. Rumors that I tried to start a fight with one of the players in the hotel bar are a complete and utter fabrication. In my defense I was much younger, way stronger, and I was overserved. Hahaha
MX114
2/6/2020 5:54pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2020 5:59pm
Trudare wrote:
Scare your wife by taking her to the Castle in Ybor City after the race Tongue

www.castleybor.com/
Bar hopping with some friends down there a few years ago and stumbled upon that spot... wow that place was interesting. Creepy people and a really weird vibe when we walked in. Make our way to some dance area and a big bar and randomly met a crew of pro skateboarders and there entourage who were on a tour and all cool as hell. We kinda took over the area and could tell the regulars were not so pumped on us
resetjet
2/6/2020 5:55pm
Since u have a car there are lots of options. If just going for race, anything around the airport is good. Otherwise i would stay either at clearwater beach, downtown st pete (if you like to party). Downtown tampa is cool, the riverwalk is great, channelside district and ybor city is great to party or just walk around. Be sure to eat at columbia resteraunt in ybor city or at the north end of riverwalk at armature works or ulele. South end is cool too at sparkmans wharf. The have a bunch of food kiosks and such. Tampa bay is an unbelievable town made up of a bunch of cities.

Post a reply to: Where to stay for Tampa SX

The Latest