Where to stay/do for LA round?

Suzuki132
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 5:04am
Just booked flights for friend and I to the dodger stadium round. Been to LA a few times. Just wondering on what hotels near by would be a good choice. Also proximity to clubs ect after race would be good. Sunset strip or where is best ? Thanks!
|
jgmxdad251
1/10/2012 11:38am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2012 11:40am
Suzuki132 wrote:
Just booked flights for friend and I to the dodger stadium round. Been to LA a few times. Just wondering on what hotels near by would...
Just booked flights for friend and I to the dodger stadium round. Been to LA a few times. Just wondering on what hotels near by would be a good choice. Also proximity to clubs ect after race would be good. Sunset strip or where is best ? Thanks!
City walk? Universal is close to stadium(10 miles or so) and close to clubs in hollywood.
Rizzo
1/10/2012 12:28pm
Suzuki132 wrote:
Just booked flights for friend and I to the dodger stadium round. Been to LA a few times. Just wondering on what hotels near by would...
I recommend two lovely areas, one is named Compton and the other would be Watts. Using Los Angeles as the center point, the areas listed would be the southern more central areas of LA. This area is home to many famouns musicians and recording artists, even award winning actors. Even more exciting is the easy acess to many of the neighborhoods where these famous people grew up along with the neighborhoods that were used for on location filming for several movies, tv series and even exciting events in the national news. Let me know if you have any questions, I'm happy to help and enjoy your trip to sunny Southern California.
TannerMxer
1/10/2012 12:42pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2012 12:43pm
Suzuki132 wrote:
Don't stay anywhere in LA. I lived there and that place is a shithole. Either stay in OC or stay in Ventura County (my hometown is Ventura).

Ventura is about 45 minutes from Dodger Stadium. Agoura/OakPark/Thousand Oaks are all about 30 minutes away.
Hallzilla
1/10/2012 12:44pm
Suzuki132 wrote:
jgmxdad251 wrote:
City walk? Universal is close to stadium(10 miles or so) and close to clubs in hollywood.
ya if you like hanging out with gang bangers and Scum bags, it's perfect.

Your better off going to Hollywood.

The Shop

Hallzilla
1/10/2012 12:45pm
Suzuki132 wrote:
TannerMxer wrote:
Don't stay anywhere in LA. I lived there and that place is a shithole. Either stay in OC or stay in Ventura County (my hometown is...
Don't stay anywhere in LA. I lived there and that place is a shithole. Either stay in OC or stay in Ventura County (my hometown is Ventura).

Ventura is about 45 minutes from Dodger Stadium. Agoura/OakPark/Thousand Oaks are all about 30 minutes away.
45 minutes doing 100.
bartoner
1/10/2012 12:48pm
i would recommend staying as far away in any direction away from the stadium as possible...i am originally from that area, and even I hate going there to visit family.....
TannerMxer
1/10/2012 12:54pm
Suzuki132 wrote:
TannerMxer wrote:
Don't stay anywhere in LA. I lived there and that place is a shithole. Either stay in OC or stay in Ventura County (my hometown is...

Hallzilla wrote:
45 minutes doing 100.
Maybe....

I used to get from Ventura (Pacific View Mall area) to Lindero Canyon Rd. in 15 minutes back in 2001 when I was doing drywall... I might have been going pretty damn fast.
Hallzilla
1/10/2012 1:00pm
TannerMxer wrote:

Hallzilla wrote:
45 minutes doing 100.
TannerMxer wrote:
Maybe.... I used to get from Ventura (Pacific View Mall area) to Lindero Canyon Rd. in 15 minutes back in 2001 when I was doing drywall...
Maybe....

I used to get from Ventura (Pacific View Mall area) to Lindero Canyon Rd. in 15 minutes back in 2001 when I was doing drywall... I might have been going pretty damn fast.
You definitely have a moto mentality.
Hallzilla
1/10/2012 1:03pm
bartoner wrote:
i would recommend staying as far away in any direction away from the stadium as possible...i am originally from that area, and even I hate going...
i would recommend staying as far away in any direction away from the stadium as possible...i am originally from that area, and even I hate going there to visit family.....
Hollywood is 15 minutes from Dodger Stadium, Plenty of good hotels and nightlife. 100''s of millions have been poured back into that city and it shows
mx295
1/11/2012 8:33am
Make sure you bring some rain coats, Because it's looking like it might be a mudder.
swap
1/11/2012 8:48am Edited Date/Time 1/11/2012 8:49am
You HAVE to eat here!
http://www.philippes.com/

My dad took me for the first time when I was six years old, and it's been a favorite every since. No trip to LA is complete without a beef sammich...mmmm
bartoner
1/11/2012 8:55am
bartoner wrote:
i would recommend staying as far away in any direction away from the stadium as possible...i am originally from that area, and even I hate going...
Hallzilla wrote:
Hollywood is 15 minutes from Dodger Stadium, Plenty of good hotels and nightlife. 100''s of millions have been poured back into that city and it shows
Hollywood is horrible...unless you want to hang with a bunch of hipster/wannabe actor/actress douchbags...if going into a bar on a friday/saturday night and having to stand in line to get your overpriced drink is a good time to you...then hollywood is a great place to stay...
bartoner
1/11/2012 8:57am
swap wrote:
You HAVE to eat here! http://www.philippes.com/ My dad took me for the first time when I was six years old, and it's been a favorite every...
You HAVE to eat here!

My dad took me for the first time when I was six years old, and it's been a favorite every since. No trip to LA is complete without a beef sammich...mmmm
I do have to agree Philippes makes a GREAT french dip.....
Hallzilla
1/11/2012 11:01am
bartoner wrote:
Hallzilla wrote:
bartoner wrote:
Hollywood is horrible...unless you want to hang with a bunch of hipster/wannabe actor/actress douchbags...if going into a bar on a friday/saturday night and having to stand...
Hollywood is horrible...unless you want to hang with a bunch of hipster/wannabe actor/actress douchbags...if going into a bar on a friday/saturday night and having to stand in line to get your overpriced drink is a good time to you...then hollywood is a great place to stay...
You could always head out to near by Lake Elsinore and hang out with white trash or meet a tweaker,
mx295
1/11/2012 11:13am
swap wrote:
You HAVE to eat here! http://www.philippes.com/ My dad took me for the first time when I was six years old, and it's been a favorite every...
You HAVE to eat here!

x200
Clutchy
1/11/2012 11:17am
Depends on how much money you want to spend.... If moneys no object head to the beach.
Suzuki132
1/11/2012 12:28pm
Suzuki132 wrote:
Rizzo wrote:
I recommend two lovely areas, one is named Compton and the other would be Watts. Using Los Angeles as the center point, the areas listed would...
I recommend two lovely areas, one is named Compton and the other would be Watts. Using Los Angeles as the center point, the areas listed would be the southern more central areas of LA. This area is home to many famouns musicians and recording artists, even award winning actors. Even more exciting is the easy acess to many of the neighborhoods where these famous people grew up along with the neighborhoods that were used for on location filming for several movies, tv series and even exciting events in the national news. Let me know if you have any questions, I'm happy to help and enjoy your trip to sunny Southern California.
Haha, I said I've been there before and I'd prefer to not be shanked thanks. I'll prob stay near hermosa I liked that area. Was more interested in the nightlife as I've only been there for training and never partied.
jimmie
1/12/2012 6:59pm
Check out the Watt's Towers.
Serious.
Google it, and visit some sites first.

Peterson Museum / La Brea Tar Pits (across the street from Peterson Museum) L.A.

Pro Circuit, Corona

FMF, Rancho Dominguez (very close to the Watt's Towers, BTW)

J Paul Getty Villa, Malibu (the one on Pacific Coast Highway, not the museum in the Sepulveda pass)

Enjoy our weather.

Oh and, see you there?
racer187x
1/12/2012 8:20pm
I work in Marina del Rey but live in North Hollywood. Dodger Stadium is a 15 minute drive from home and about 30-40 mins from MDR (real traffic time). If you stay in MDR you're close to Venice and the night life there is pretty good, especially Abbot Kinney area. Walking distance from hotels like Marina del Rey Marriott and others.
fcr
1/12/2012 9:46pm
racer187x wrote:
I work in Marina del Rey but live in North Hollywood. Dodger Stadium is a 15 minute drive from home and about 30-40 mins from MDR...
I work in Marina del Rey but live in North Hollywood. Dodger Stadium is a 15 minute drive from home and about 30-40 mins from MDR (real traffic time). If you stay in MDR you're close to Venice and the night life there is pretty good, especially Abbot Kinney area. Walking distance from hotels like Marina del Rey Marriott and others.
This or in Santa Monica. Tons of things to do .
Suzuki132
1/13/2012 7:14pm
racer187x wrote:
I work in Marina del Rey but live in North Hollywood. Dodger Stadium is a 15 minute drive from home and about 30-40 mins from MDR...
fcr wrote:
This or in Santa Monica. Tons of things to do .
ok, I liked the Marina Del Ray area and will prob stay close to there. So would the best clubs be there or sunset blvd? I hear thats the place but what do i know. Yea the pier area is pretty busy in Santa Monica, all along the coast for that stretch has a lot to see. Daytime im going cycling and running along those paths. just trying to figure out best nightlife. (other than the race of course)

Thanks for the replies.

Post a reply to: Where to stay/do for LA round?

The Latest