Were those last generation HRC CR 250's really that good?

Lightning78
10/10/2019 11:34am
FWIW I had a 2002 CR250 I bought brand new (this is the only bike I ever bought brand new)
I will definitely agree that the handling of this last gen bike was flawless and "The bike really suited my riding style"
The engine with the stock pipe had dam good power and I'm pretty sure the factory bikes at the time actually ran the stock pipe at times. Mine had boyesen (sp) pro series reeds, FMF SST pipe and shortly silencer and that powernow carb insert. It was jetted about as crisp as it could be and while it wasn't much off the bottom, once it hit the midrange it took off! Top end power and overrev pull was endless and if you rode that bike like a 125, it was unbelievably FAST! I loved that bike and one day will have another.
The fastest I ever was on a track was during the years I had this bike. I wish I had known about all the other tricks and tips like the 05 base gasket etc. It needed bottom end power but if I kept it singing, it kept me smiling!
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1006th
10/10/2019 12:47pm
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Lusk's bike, right after the last national.
I don't think that's Lusk's bike the one thing that really stood out to me about this particular bike RC rode right after the Steel City...
I don't think that's Lusk's bike the one thing that really stood out to me about this particular bike RC rode right after the Steel City national is that Honda had the RC valve (powervalve) retrofitted to the 2001 cylinder in that pic. Notice the black cables wires coming off the cylinder right where the powervalve check bolt used to be?

I doubt this bike in its current configuration would've been legal to race since the cylinder has some extra special attention spent on it.
Correct. Might thoughts exactly.....test sled.
H4L
10/11/2019 6:03am
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Lusk's bike, right after the last national.
I don't think that's Lusk's bike the one thing that really stood out to me about this particular bike RC rode right after the Steel City...
I don't think that's Lusk's bike the one thing that really stood out to me about this particular bike RC rode right after the Steel City national is that Honda had the RC valve (powervalve) retrofitted to the 2001 cylinder in that pic. Notice the black cables wires coming off the cylinder right where the powervalve check bolt used to be?

I doubt this bike in its current configuration would've been legal to race since the cylinder has some extra special attention spent on it.
Yep. That was not Lusk’s bike.
matt.3150
12/16/2019 8:43pm
First pic of RC on red, like mentioned above [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/10/09/378634/s1200_FE637C9F_0F1D_4F9A_8BD1_655C85438142.jpg[/img]
First pic of RC on red, like mentioned above
braaap707 wrote:
Is that a prototype bike /Precursor bike to the 02 ? Pretty cool pic ive never seen before.
Gotta be Yogi’s 2001 they just kept on the truck after the National? Maybe I’m wrong
No it’s not a. Prototype bike it was a 2001 factory Honda, with all the 01 factory parts
They just converted it to electronic powervalve instead of governor run powervalve. But
That what team Honda ran in the 2001 nationals. Same powervalve not the newer Rc valve.

The Shop

Moto520
12/17/2019 7:19am
Awesome handling. Amazing ergos. Motor was good enough if you kept it on the pipe.

Post a reply to: Were those last generation HRC CR 250's really that good?

The Latest