Where the f*** are the nets?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/28/2019 3:26 AM

Hill could have used some more netting?

What's doing?

We have a solution to quite a few problems rolled into one and now they're just being lazy?

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/28/2019 3:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2019 3:31 AM

More and more complaining. But i have to agree.

I would think that it would be in Felds own best interest to keep their most important assets healthy, the riders. It's crazy that they haven't brought in more nets after we saw how good they worked last year.

|

1/28/2019 4:19 AM

pulp said reedy was talkin about chain link fences lol, maybe plastic chain link fence

|

1/28/2019 4:33 AM

Wasnt it a mid track corner? They do them to protect riders from going off the track into a wall, so far at least. I think its kind of ridiculous for people to spaz out about every obstacle that someone crashes on every week. Maybe nets on inner track corners would be a good idea, it just got going on outer ones so well see.

|

1/28/2019 5:41 AM

I was wondering the same thing

|

1/28/2019 5:51 AM

I could see losing a finger hitting a chain link catch fence

|

1/28/2019 5:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2019 5:54 AM

drt410 wrote:

Wasnt it a mid track corner? They do them to protect riders from going off the track into a wall, so far at least. I think its ...more

Put them on every 180° corner, and then we can have big berms, and block passing. Let alone less injuries.

I thought last year might have been proof of concept and they didn't want to go over board but it works right? Fucking break out the wallet Mr Feld, i'm sure you can afford it.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/28/2019 6:11 AM

Crush wrote:

Hill could have used some more netting?

What's doing?

We have a solution to quite a few problems rolled into one and now ...more

Because they have a few priblems with the solutions. Unfortunately

|

1/28/2019 7:10 AM

Maybe go the other way and place hazards on the course..razor wire, impalers, scrap wood with nails. Do it cheaply for crying out loud.
Yeah, put some fuggin nets up, they work.

|

1/28/2019 8:16 AM

New place to hang sponsor banners

|

1/28/2019 8:54 AM

Where are they? On bowl corners near the edge of the track, where they should be.

Yes, I’ve seen bikes launch into the stands. Having them on interior corners might result in unintended consequences, like a rider hitting one of the uprights from the outside.

On the other hand, I’ve also seen riders hit the nets from the net side a couple times. While the results are preferable to hitting a concrete wall, they’re not without their own set of risks.

|

1/28/2019 11:06 AM

Bingo

|

1/28/2019 2:31 PM

GuyB wrote:

Where are they? On bowl corners near the edge of the track, where they should be.

Yes, I’ve seen bikes launch into the ...more

I think the benefits far outweigh the small risks. Feld has the money.
C'mon it's 2019. Time to evolve. Safety is a big deal.

|

1/28/2019 4:42 PM

Mr. Info wrote:

That you, Giuseppe?

|

1/28/2019 5:38 PM

Mr. Info wrote:

tingo wrote:

That you, Giuseppe?

Don't think they should be a visible block...

But I'd doubt you'd find many riders who wouldn't rather hit a net when going over a berm than finding out how far the drop is without.

|

Cheers, Crush

1/28/2019 6:39 PM

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Jr Hill (@justinhill46) on

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/28/2019 7:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2019 7:16 PM

Hahaa, Thats what Mike Fisher was saying around 87'? MX is dangerous, it was invented for outdoors but the dude in jail and the man he killed made it happen.

Thats why the first 5-10 rows are bannered over with advertisements sideways
but then we go to 450 four f***King strokes....LMFAO
Roller derby here we come.

|

1/28/2019 8:28 PM

Jimmy638 wrote:

Hahaa, Thats what Mike Fisher was saying around 87'? MX is dangerous, it was invented for outdoors but the dude in jail and ...more

* '89.

|

1/28/2019 9:00 PM

SIAP, but an AX rider died last weekend after going off track into a concrete wall. May he RIP I'd say the nets when put in the right places are extremely beneficial.

|

1/28/2019 9:03 PM

Jimmy638 wrote:

Hahaa, Thats what Mike Fisher was saying around 87'? MX is dangerous, it was invented for outdoors but the dude in jail and ...more

Oh please...it's nothing new. I think the first one I saw was a guy on an Ossa in the mid-70s. Monty McCoy maybe?

|

1/28/2019 9:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2019 9:07 PM

Mr. Info wrote:

tingo wrote:

That you, Giuseppe?

Crush wrote:

Don't think they should be a visible block...

But I'd doubt you'd find many riders who wouldn't rather hit a net when going ...more

I was standing near a net last year in Tampa when Blake Baggett hit it. Not sure how far he'd have gone, but it wasn't pretty watching him and the bike snag and screech their way down the front of it.

Ken's comments in this video are interesting.

https://www.foxsports.com/motor/video/1169714755973?utm_campaign=share_buttons&utm_medium=fscom&utm_term=post&utm_content=return_visit&utm_source=share_url

|

1/29/2019 3:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/29/2019 5:16 AM

GuyB wrote:

I was standing near a net last year in Tampa when Blake Baggett hit it. Not sure how far he'd have gone, but it wasn't pretty ...more

So you make a net with smaller holes in it so less chance of getting snagged.

And we know how far they’d go, as far as the dirt mound, steel pole, concrete wall or floor on the other side, all of which are harder than hitting a net.

|

Cheers, Crush

1/29/2019 4:39 AM

I dont think a net would have helped here but reminds me of webbs insane nose wheelie to concrete crash. It can be pretty scary flying off the track to concrete.

|

1/29/2019 6:54 AM

Photo
|