Where’s ET3’s otherworldly speed gone?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/4/2020 3:01 PM

Is it that this is the first year he hasn’t come into outdoors pissed off from SX? Or is it that he’s tired from a whacky year? Or has the rest of the field closed the gap and made the margin of error that much smaller?

Not sure what it is but one thing i know for certain is something is definitely off...

|

9/4/2020 3:08 PM

HusqFan3 wrote:

Is it that this is the first year he hasn’t come into outdoors pissed off from SX? Or is it that he’s tired from a whacky year? Or has the rest of the field closed the gap and made the margin of error that much smaller?

Not sure what it is but one thing i know for certain is something is definitely off...

He doesn’t seem to have that fire. I’m sure he will win some more motos, he seems to be content with whatever atm.

|

9/4/2020 3:13 PM

He doesn’t look comfortable, but i can’t tell if he’s backing it down, or there’s 5 other guys that will match his speed an entire Moto. It’s just crazy stacked

|

9/4/2020 3:33 PM

Lap times don’t lie and he has yet to engage beast mode all season and I thought maybe today we would see it but seems like he gave it to Barcia this series!!

|

9/4/2020 3:35 PM

He's trying to stay healthy for the MXDN.

Oh wait...

|

9/4/2020 3:37 PM

crowe660 wrote:

He doesn’t look comfortable, but i can’t tell if he’s backing it down, or there’s 5 other guys that will match his speed an entire Moto. It’s just crazy stacked

It really isn't crazy stacked, Roczen Webb and Anderson are out. Let's face it Tomac is way off, we know what he's capable of and this isn't even close. He should be destroying these guys. I think he has lost confidence in his bike and has more important things in his life than racing right now.

|

9/4/2020 3:37 PM

Mcflurry98 wrote:

He's trying to stay healthy for the MXDN.

Oh wait...

So is musquin ferrandis webb kroc. Oops. Oh wait.

|

9/4/2020 3:43 PM

crowe660 wrote:

I think he has backed it down. Not willing to take the beast mode risk if he is not feeling it...and he hasn't been feeling it.

This happens to everyone at points in their career.

I think the championship is gone but it would be fun to see him find his form before the series is over. Race was a bit boring except for the AC/Barcia moments.

|

9/4/2020 3:44 PM

With 3 outdoor titles already in the bag, and this season running later in the year than usual, I would guess he is being conservative to be sure he is fit and healthy to defend his SX title next year.

|

9/4/2020 3:46 PM

How sweet was it when he was railing that outside berm after the start straights? It was a glimmer of hope.

|

9/4/2020 3:48 PM

Downunder wrote:

With 3 outdoor titles already in the bag, and this season running later in the year than usual, I would guess he is being conservative to be sure he is fit and healthy to defend his SX title next year.

Makes the most sense. He had "beast mode" for sx. Doubt he somehow lost it for outdoors

|

9/4/2020 3:52 PM

crowe660 wrote:

How sweet was it when he was railing that outside berm after the start straights? It was a glimmer of hope.

Yes, that was cool...made you think for a moment we were going to see a charge.

How many of you sat there 'waiting' for it to happen but it never did! wink

|

9/4/2020 4:16 PM

crowe660 wrote:

woody woodpecker wrote:

It really isn't crazy stacked, Roczen Webb and Anderson are out. Let's face it Tomac is way off, we know what he's capable of and this isn't even close. He should be destroying these guys. I think he has lost confidence in his bike and has more important things in his life than racing right now.

I’m re-watching the first Moto right now, and watching Tomac follow Noren for multiple laps. You’re spot on. I don’t know that he would have gotten by him if Freddie hadn’t broke the zook. Oof

|

9/4/2020 4:17 PM

Tomac really is a mystery. Just a tad bit more consistent, and he'd have a few more titles under his belt. I love watching the guy, but sometimes he leaves me wondering what's going on. Having said that, Zacho is just stepping up his game and killing it. If he gets this title, he will have earned every bit of it.

|

9/4/2020 4:23 PM

Suicidal_Tendencies wrote:

Tomac really is a mystery. Just a tad bit more consistent, and he'd have a few more titles under his belt. I love watching the guy, but sometimes he leaves me wondering what's going on. Having said that, Zacho is just stepping up his game and killing it. If he gets this title, he will have earned every bit of it.

At least for Eli, Zach is showing him what is possible when he gets a little older.

If I had to guess, I think he is not in as good of shape this year compared to seasons past.

Just a little less conditioning can made a big difference in those late moto charges or not.

|

9/4/2020 4:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2020 4:30 PM

Might be a big hurdle mentally... shortened season to overcome a double dnf that is not his fault... he’s had a lot of backed into a corner moments the last 4 years, might be too exhausted to go beserk again, especially after getting the monkey off his back in SX. It could go both ways, be freeing and just think win-out/nothing to lose... but maybe he’s just done for this year.

Be interesting to see how people view this title in the future if Eli doesn’t win... shortened season, champ has a double dnf...

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9/4/2020 4:40 PM

I ve never seen him make so many mistakes. He would do one corner and it was unreal how fast he was going then next corner miss the rutt or lose time. Also he keep using 2 line s were he lost big time on Sexton each lap . Its so weird he just kept taking them lap after lap

|

9/4/2020 4:59 PM

supercross hangover

|

9/4/2020 5:18 PM

As much as we don't want to say it...but I think the motivation isn't their this year. This year has been tough on everyone. He just doesn't look like he is in that do or die mode. We will see what happens.

|

9/4/2020 5:52 PM

I think the others have matched his pace and it makes so he can't just blow through the pack anymore. Honestly it was like he killed everyone in 2018 or 2019. His championships all came down to the last moto in a pretty weak field.

|

9/4/2020 5:58 PM

Brett_Clark wrote:

I think the others have matched his pace and it makes so he can't just blow through the pack anymore. Honestly it was like he killed everyone in 2018 or 2019. His championships all came down to the last moto in a pretty weak field.

Last year he wrapped it up a whole round early, and in 2018 it went down to the last moto but it wasn’t exactly close, Musquin was like 20 points back. You could also argue the only reason that title when down to the last race is because of a DNF at Red Bud.

|

9/4/2020 6:07 PM

Brett_Clark wrote:

Musquin, kroc? Weak?

|

9/4/2020 6:24 PM

Brett_Clark wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

Musquin, kroc? Weak?

3 riders out of 39 competitors in 2019 is pretty weak. Right now there is 5 or 6 guys that are running tomacs pace consistently and if webb and roczen were back we'd have them too. Point is tomac isnt this all mighty rider. He just had his days that he was better. Now we are seeing guys match him and drop him consistently. It was bound to happen

|

9/4/2020 6:27 PM

Brett_Clark wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

Musquin, kroc? Weak?

Brett_Clark wrote:

3 riders out of 39 competitors in 2019 is pretty weak. Right now there is 5 or 6 guys that are running tomacs pace consistently and if webb and roczen were back we'd have them too. Point is tomac isnt this all mighty rider. He just had his days that he was better. Now we are seeing guys match him and drop him consistently. It was bound to happen

I dont consider title holders weak,. But thats me.

|

9/4/2020 6:33 PM

mxb2 wrote:

Musquin, kroc? Weak?

Brett_Clark wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

You're missing the point. Field has matched tomac he hasn't gotten slower...

|

9/4/2020 6:49 PM

Supercross hangover as well as training an entire year without knowledge of the series.

|

9/4/2020 6:52 PM

I think his motivation isn't quite there, there is 3 guys that want this title so bad, and tomac has 3 already

|

9/4/2020 7:18 PM

HusqFan3 wrote:

ET is a guy who has to have his bike perfect or else he's off pace by a few seconds. its not the first time he's been like this but usually he gets up to speed sooner

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti

9/4/2020 7:24 PM

Brett_Clark wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

Brett_Clark wrote:

You're missing the point. Field has matched tomac he hasn't gotten slower...

Hard to say what is going on, if tomac retires now he has a legend career. Nobody else in this field will.

|

9/4/2020 7:25 PM

Hes certainly not scrubbing any jumps.

|