Where is the best place to live in US for moto?

Stewable
Edited Date/Time 5/26/2021 6:10pm
This summer I'll be moving away from southern Connecticut but I'm not sure where yet. Out of curiosity where is the best place to live for moto training and riding? Considering access to tracks, weather and cost of living. Is Southern California still the place to be? Florida? Texas? You tell me!
|
rider892
5/21/2021 2:58pm
Texas motocross scene is terrible, Georgia is by far the best cause you can drive to so many other states to ride as well and the drive isn’t long at all to most tracks
SoCalMX70
5/21/2021 3:21pm
I'll never complain about track variety out here. A couple have closed the past couple years, but then again a couple more opened or are in the process of doing so.

I'll be in Southern California for a long while. Yeah it's expensive AF (and will undoubtedly rank last comparing cost of living to any other decent state for riding), but if you can swing it there is endless shit to do.
Hammer 663s
5/21/2021 3:24pm
NorCal is awesome except for cost of living. There are a lot of tracks in the Sacramento area (I can think of 5 public tracks), many nearby options for non-moto fitness work (MTB especially), and SoCal isn't that far away. All down the Valley are tracks too - Diablo, Oatfield, Club Moto, DT-1 MX Park, and more. The OTHG has 4 CA chapters and run a 10 month series that's really well managed. The Sierras have lots of trail riding if that's your thing. You can ride street all year too - weather is good enough. Traffic sucks in most of CA but you can lane split.

Hammer 663s
Brent
5/21/2021 3:29pm Edited Date/Time 5/21/2021 3:31pm
Temecula CA

You can ride multiple advanced skill motocross tracks seven days a week within one hour of your home.

The Shop

racerx217
5/21/2021 3:39pm
Michigan in the summer, Florida in the winter. Cant beat that combo
kapaa10
5/21/2021 3:57pm
So cal will always be the best. Weather for year round riding, best tracks.
lumpy790
5/21/2021 4:50pm
North and South Carolinas has a lot to offer. Club MX, South of the Boarder, Jimmy Weinert training facility
5/21/2021 4:54pm
racerx217 wrote:
I agree, Midwest in the summer, great tracks and dirt. Wi. Has cheap riding 10-20 bucks. I see more bikes in the summer in Wi. And iL. Than any other state. Usually not the latest models. I saw 9 bikes in a open wooden trailer , crew cab pu was packed. With 10 bucks to ride a lot of people ride. The sand tracks , trail loops, adding more trail,s, easy sx track. Florida in the winter especially if you like riding sand. Wisconsin rapids pic, vet class high of 42 degrees
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
5/21/2021 5:28pm
SoCalMX70 wrote:
I'll never complain about track variety out here. A couple have closed the past couple years, but then again a couple more opened or are in...
I'll never complain about track variety out here. A couple have closed the past couple years, but then again a couple more opened or are in the process of doing so.

I'll be in Southern California for a long while. Yeah it's expensive AF (and will undoubtedly rank last comparing cost of living to any other decent state for riding), but if you can swing it there is endless shit to do.
Need to make 100,000k plus a year if you want a comfortable life renting near the coast. Positive side is you live in a vacationland so all the money you would spend on traveling you can just use for your cost of living. I wished I moved here sooner in life.

If I had to live inland I would live in a different state. It's not that great.

There definitely are tracks but not the best dirt. I moved here from New England.
EngIceDave
5/21/2021 5:44pm
Brent wrote:
Temecula CA

You can ride multiple advanced skill motocross tracks seven days a week within one hour of your home.
How much per day?
5/21/2021 5:47pm
Brent wrote:
Temecula CA

Yup, thats one of the reasons I moved here 2 years ago.
5/21/2021 5:48pm
Brent wrote:
Temecula CA

EngIceDave wrote:
How much per day?
most tracks are $30 for the day.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
5/21/2021 6:09pm
Not Utah it’s terrible stay away
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
5/21/2021 6:19pm Edited Date/Time 5/21/2021 6:19pm
racerx217 wrote:
WORD. (West Michigan FTW)
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/21/2021 6:26pm
I don’t know how you can beat a place where you can ride 365 days a year. Calif may suck ass in a lot of ways but for year round Moto it can’t be beat. If you are into surf/ski/moto it can all be had within a 2 hr drive if you pick the right place
Nairb#70
5/21/2021 6:53pm
I'm moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.
hubbardmx50
5/21/2021 7:39pm
I was thinking about starting a thread like this recently. Is there any better moto scene than SoCal? And if so, where? I know Texas has a lot of good tracks and good weather, and that’s the only other place that comes to mind. Does Florida have many public tracks? Obviously the scene here isn’t what it used to be but it’s still pretty good. Thankful to have 6-7 awesome tracks within an hour and one decent race series
hubbardmx50
5/21/2021 7:51pm
rider892 wrote:
Texas motocross scene is terrible, Georgia is by far the best cause you can drive to so many other states to ride as well and the...
Texas motocross scene is terrible, Georgia is by far the best cause you can drive to so many other states to ride as well and the drive isn’t long at all to most tracks
Why is Texas scene terrible?
rider892
5/21/2021 8:28pm
rider892 wrote:
Texas motocross scene is terrible, Georgia is by far the best cause you can drive to so many other states to ride as well and the...
Houston only has 3 palms which tracks have been the same layout for years. Rio is very hit or miss.

Austin has Murphy’s, spoaks, lone star Mx

San Antonio has cycle ranch

So to be worth it to ride while living in Houston you have to go to Austin or San Antonio for a decent track

And Dallas tracks are hit or miss on being open it seems like , most tracks there I wouldn’t return to due to what they call “prepped” practice
JBecker 72
5/21/2021 8:33pm
I’ve been thinking about getting out of Virginia and heading to the Carolinas.
ktmdan
5/21/2021 8:56pm
rider892 wrote:
rider892 wrote:
Houston only has 3 palms which tracks have been the same layout for years. Rio is very hit or miss. Austin has Murphy’s, spoaks, lone star...
Houston only has 3 palms which tracks have been the same layout for years. Rio is very hit or miss.

So to be worth it to ride while living in Houston you have to go to Austin or San Antonio for a decent track

And Dallas tracks are hit or miss on being open it seems like , most tracks there I wouldn’t return to due to what they call “prepped” practice
I lived in dfw most my life until 4 years ago. There were several good tracks: village creek, nocona, i35, oak hill, river valley, Buffalo creek, regal’s place I forget the name... etc etc.
Many more options in dfw than in Austin, San Antonio or Houston.
RCMXracing
5/21/2021 9:00pm
rider892 wrote:
You dunno shit. N Texas rules.
hubbardmx50
5/21/2021 9:08pm
rider892 wrote:
rider892 wrote:
Houston only has 3 palms which tracks have been the same layout for years. Rio is very hit or miss. Austin has Murphy’s, spoaks, lone star...

I see. That sucks. What about Freestone? Do they ever hold practice or only races?
tomlopez
5/21/2021 9:41pm
If you live anywhere close to central FL (I mean that in relation to north/south not inland vs coast) then you're within an hour or two of a ton of tracks. Ex) Living in the Tampa Bay area, there's Tampa MX, Bartow, Dade City, 74 MX, Spyder, Orlando MX, and Hard Rock all within two hours. Plus there's croom for some trail riding.
Dimblewambie
5/21/2021 10:03pm
Brent wrote:
Temecula CA

Yup, thats one of the reasons I moved here 2 years ago.
🤫 this place is crowded enough and all I see is new home development.

For real though, any direction you go there is quality tracks.

Post a reply to: Where is the best place to live in US for moto?

The Latest