Where the HELL is Harry Backmon?

JAFO92
2/13/2020 12:06pm
Phil109 wrote:
Was never on motodrive. But I did used to get into a lot of trouble on the old crosscreek forum over on the TON:laugh: I think...
Was never on motodrive. But I did used to get into a lot of trouble on the old crosscreek forum over on the TONLaughing I think you were on there sometimes.
Yessir, sure did. I rode that track a time or three. A good friend of mine owned that entire property until he shut it down and then sold it.
Red Crawford
2/13/2020 12:30pm
Sometimes, one just needs a nuclear re-set.
I nuked my original 14-year old Vital account and took a one-year self-imposed sabbatical. Best thing I ever did----hopeful it made me a better contributor, on the whole.
Camp332
2/13/2020 12:38pm
Moral of this thread = Bro, don't take the internet so hard, it's the internet.
2/13/2020 12:55pm

Feel free to finish the faces. Way past my pay scale.

But seriously, Hurry Backmon !

The Shop

disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
2/13/2020 1:08pm
Phil109 wrote:
Was never on motodrive. But I did used to get into a lot of trouble on the old crosscreek forum over on the TON:laugh: I think...
Was never on motodrive. But I did used to get into a lot of trouble on the old crosscreek forum over on the TONLaughing I think you were on there sometimes.
JAFO92 wrote:
Yessir, sure did. I rode that track a time or three. A good friend of mine owned that entire property until he shut it down and...
Yessir, sure did. I rode that track a time or three. A good friend of mine owned that entire property until he shut it down and then sold it.
But do you remember the guy that won the 2004 CRF250 at the Cross Creek raffle?
JAFO92
2/13/2020 1:11pm
disbanded wrote:
But do you remember the guy that won the 2004 CRF250 at the Cross Creek raffle?
No sir, cant say I do.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
2/13/2020 1:16pm
JAFO92 wrote:
No sir, cant say I do.
Well that's too bad because it was me!
2/13/2020 2:42pm
Phil109 wrote:
Got my previous account from 2007 deleted because i stated if anyone ever hit my dad over the head with a hammer trying to steal my...
Got my previous account from 2007 deleted because i stated if anyone ever hit my dad over the head with a hammer trying to steal my bike, I’d def try and kill them. So yeah it’s not hard around here lol.
Wow, I remember that too, time does fly by....

The best threads on here were some of the good old photoshop classics, Kdub comes to mind!, it was all fun, then the world changed and I guess everything else did too. Shame.

I was a mod on a U.K. Moto site and sadly it was a nightmare.... Things would spiral out of control so quick that people would try and climb into the Internet to get at each other, and when they realised they couldn't, it just got dark.

If this place shut down, seriously if it did, how would you feel that first time you went to log in and see what's going down, to find nothing....if the boss said fuck it, would you say thank you for everything you did, or be pissed at him for taking all this away from you?...
APLMAN99
2/13/2020 5:27pm
Harry IS cool. Never spoke to him over the phone or anything, but we've shared several emails over time and he definitely seems like a great guy.

Ted722
2/13/2020 5:51pm
There's certain avatars and names that leave a mark. Name/number(ahem)...not so much!
"No Ragrets" Harry, enjoy the break!

Phil109
2/13/2020 8:08pm
Phil109 wrote:
JAFO92 wrote:
Yessir, sure did. I rode that track a time or three. A good friend of mine owned that entire property until he shut it down and...
Oh you good friends with Robert? Small world
BobbyM
2/13/2020 8:13pm
I found Harry...

Just weeks after slamming the door on Buckingham Palace, declaring their suffering as wealthy, pampered, world-famous senior royals so unbearable that they must take their leave and flee to the Canadian woods in search of privacy, humility, a slower way of life, time to think about which noble eco-warrior causes to support (while flying private, of course) and to create normalcy for themselves and their baby, Harry and Meghan are out on the stroll, selling their goods and services — whatever those may be — to the highest bidder.

You’d think, for appearances’ sake, they would have held out a little longer. It’s not as if they’re suddenly destitute. Harry and Meghan are, after all, still on the royal payroll through at least May, after which Prince Charles has vowed to support them.

And since decamping Britain, they’ve been freeloading, staying indefinitely at a $14 million Vancouver mansion (a deal brokered by music producer David Foster) and at Serena Williams’ Palm Beach estate during a recent trip to Florida.

That trip, by the way, was to attend a summit hosted by JP Morgan Chase. Harry, a 35-year-old man who knows little of the real world, let alone macro- and micro-economics or likely how to work an ATM, spoke to an audience including former Prime Minister Tony Blair, Patriots owner Robert Kraft and architect Sir Norman Foster.

Neither side will say whether he was paid, though experts say it’s likely he was compensated substantially. And to speak of what exactly?

The grief he still suffers from his mother’s death 20 years ago.

To get this right: Harry, as he said in his last public statement as a working royal, had “no other option” given the “many years of challenges” he has faced, the result of losing his mother, his forced march behind her casket as a 12-year-old boy, and the ongoing mental health challenges from which he suffers.

“Every single time I hear a click, every single time I see a flash,” he said last year, “it takes me straight back.”

So, as he said in his farewell speech, he was forced to “step my family back from all I have ever known, to take a step forward into what I hope can be a more peaceful life.”

But for the right price, he’ll dredge up all that deeply personal emotional chaos, held sacred for decades, to a room full of global powerbrokers — despite zero chance any of it will elucidate or ameliorate a single real-world problem.

To cap off this inaugural foray into life as working commoners, Harry and Meghan reportedly had dinner with two of the most philanthropic and publicity-shy people on the planet, Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez.

Now they’re reportedly house-hunting in LA and New York City — exactly where celebrities seeking seclusion go — and have been in talks with Goldman Sachs since at least November, months before announcing their plans to “step back.”

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
Netflix may want to work with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
It’s been estimated that such vague partnerships could net the couple a billion-dollar empire. Clearly, the only difference between life inside and outside palace walls is a profit margin.

The argument that they can do so much more now for their dearest causes, freed from palace restraints, is nothing but a cynical fiction.

Harry’s mother, Princess Diana, did more to change public attitudes towards AIDS patients as a working royal than anyone, and it was precisely because she was doing things no royal had ever done — handhold and hug and kiss those dying from the disease — that her activism had such enormous impact.

And when Diana did something else a future queen of England had never done — get a divorce — she didn’t commodify her brand or sell her secrets. She recognized her platform as inherently rare and valuable, made more so by her refusal to monetize it

Contrast his mother’s approach with the recent video, since taken down, of Harry cornering Disney chief Bob Iger at a private event, begging him to hire Meghan for voiceover work while Beyoncé looks on, mortified.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's relationship started out like a fairytale
When, as a royal, you literally put yourself in supplication to a titan of capitalism, you have shown no scruples, no self-awareness, no shame. Now you’re just another hustler out to make a buck, and there’s nothing special about that

Oops... Wrong Harry 😜
oldblood
2/13/2020 8:43pm
After careful consideration, meditation, mourning, and a couple of beers, I've decided to slightly edit the title of this thread.
TymeMoto
2/13/2020 9:54pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I get what you're saying PB , and I agree. Truth be told , I don't want this place to be the wild , wild west...
I get what you're saying PB , and I agree. Truth be told , I don't want this place to be the wild , wild west. It made anonymous keyboard warriors just say whatever they felt like , and the trolling was terrible. I have my likes and dislikes about how this place gets run some times. But I like it here most times. If I hated it , I wouldn't have stuck around for over 13 + years.

As far as Steve ( GuyB ) goes , we've met quite a few times , and we get along great , and I consider him a friend of mine. We usually only disagree on here , due to certain modding techniques. I've tried to say in so many ways , that maybe after him being on the road working his ass off all weekend , rolling around in the dirt , being grumpy , and nerves cut a little short , that he may take some threads or posts out of context a bit. Like " I don't want to deal with this shit ! " Kinda thing. I totally get it! In my job ( remodeling ).......it happens to me all the freakin' time!

I'm bummed Harry is gone ( for now ) , but I also know he blatantly asked for his account to get deleted. As friends with both , it kinda stings a bit. I don't have all the answers , and I've never proclaimed that I do , but there is something to be said for members that have been here a long while. They not only love the sport , but they have a lot friends on here , and spent a lot of time " contributing " to the community / forum. There is a difference , between a person like that , and a month old account that does nothing but troll the board. You need to be on the board , and see it happening , and understand what's happening , and NOT take things out of context. Someone like Mav.......he's here a lot , and understands the context of a bunch of things. Guy's like that , are level headed enough to mod this board.
I agree that Mav should be moderator. Dude contributes an absolute ton to this forum.
Sully
2/14/2020 12:02am
jeffro503 wrote:
I get what you're saying PB , and I agree. Truth be told , I don't want this place to be the wild , wild west...
I get what you're saying PB , and I agree. Truth be told , I don't want this place to be the wild , wild west. It made anonymous keyboard warriors just say whatever they felt like , and the trolling was terrible. I have my likes and dislikes about how this place gets run some times. But I like it here most times. If I hated it , I wouldn't have stuck around for over 13 + years.

As far as Steve ( GuyB ) goes , we've met quite a few times , and we get along great , and I consider him a friend of mine. We usually only disagree on here , due to certain modding techniques. I've tried to say in so many ways , that maybe after him being on the road working his ass off all weekend , rolling around in the dirt , being grumpy , and nerves cut a little short , that he may take some threads or posts out of context a bit. Like " I don't want to deal with this shit ! " Kinda thing. I totally get it! In my job ( remodeling ).......it happens to me all the freakin' time!

I'm bummed Harry is gone ( for now ) , but I also know he blatantly asked for his account to get deleted. As friends with both , it kinda stings a bit. I don't have all the answers , and I've never proclaimed that I do , but there is something to be said for members that have been here a long while. They not only love the sport , but they have a lot friends on here , and spent a lot of time " contributing " to the community / forum. There is a difference , between a person like that , and a month old account that does nothing but troll the board. You need to be on the board , and see it happening , and understand what's happening , and NOT take things out of context. Someone like Mav.......he's here a lot , and understands the context of a bunch of things. Guy's like that , are level headed enough to mod this board.
TymeMoto wrote:
I agree that Mav should be moderator. Dude contributes an absolute ton to this forum.
Go check under his name on any of his posts; Mav is a moderator now. He's movin' on up!
ledger
2/14/2020 1:11am
Mav is making the big money, lol, and doing a helluva good job with Vital. I don't know Harry personally, but from what I do know...I bet he would give you the shirt off his back. Get his address, load up your bike...and let's go visit Mr. Harry and help him properly break in his backyard track.
slipdog
2/14/2020 3:38am
jeffro503 wrote:

TymeMoto wrote:
Sully wrote:
Go check under his name on any of his posts; Mav is a moderator now. He's movin' on up!
Like George and Weezy?
NvHermit
Fantasy
4303rd
2/14/2020 5:06am
ocscottie contributed an absolute shit ton to Vital/MD but wasn't corporate enough
JAFO92
2/14/2020 5:38am
Phil109 wrote:
Oh you good friends with Robert? Small world
Yessir, sure am, Rob & Deborah and good people.
JAFO92
2/14/2020 5:40am
slipdog wrote:
Like George and Weezy?
To the deluxe forum in the sky?
TXDirt
2/14/2020 7:15am
We have a guy on the inside now. It’s like we’re all made men now.
oldblood
2/14/2020 4:58pm Edited Date/Time 2/14/2020 5:08pm
It's really cool Harry is back(or at least part of him). Now if we could get Newman and Sondy back it would be even better.
Chance1216
2/14/2020 8:58pm
oldblood wrote:
Harrys back!
Based on the two threads, I have a feeling he saw how many friends he actually has if that’s the case. Which I hope it is.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
2/15/2020 6:51am Edited Date/Time 2/15/2020 6:55am
Harry is an excellent human being and I miss his good times posts. Hope to ride with him some day.

I could be the one of the longest original members on this board, but I am almost never on the OG list. Lol I have been on here almost every single day since Fresh Dirt started. I am not controversial enough to get remembered online happily. Never argued with anyone online except my friend Wombat a time or two. I have had a talking too before deservingly. I love moto but no one in my area had bikes until recently so FD, MotoDrive and Vital were my only moto friends for many years and I thank you for that.
I have met GuyB a few times and he is a great guy with a lot on his plate. Deciphering the context on questionable posts can't be the easiest job.
I always thought Maverick would be a perfect moderator as he is on top of answers and solutions to most questions here and very level headed.

Post a reply to: Where the HELL is Harry Backmon?

The Latest