Where is Canard?

davistld01
I know, when Trey Canard retired from professional racing a year or so ago that he wouldn't be back because of all the injuries and issues...and that he was supposed to be a rider-advocate of some sort, but he seems to have disappeared completely from the sport. Has he been at any of the outdoor races so far?
|
Jt$
5/24/2018 7:02am
He was last at the Junior MotoX in Oklahoma in that same capacity.
VicDaMoan03
5/24/2018 7:31am
I think he wanted to be a safety rider-advocate for MX/SX but he wanted to be paid for his services which there wasn't a budget for.

The Shop

ttugrad1793
5/24/2018 7:37am
was thinking about him during the last race. With all the talk of jumps, ruts, track prep, etc...it seems like it would have been ideal to have him on site simply focused on track layout and maintenance for these events.
IWreckALot
5/24/2018 8:12am
I think he wanted to be a safety rider-advocate for MX/SX but he wanted to be paid for his services which there wasn't a budget for.
In other words. . . we're not THAT concerned about riders safety.
peelout
5/24/2018 8:42am
he was last seen pointing angrily at some big booters at GH
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
5/24/2018 8:55am
peelout wrote:
he was last seen pointing angrily at some big booters at GH
Yep I was there, looking for my phone
crockett
5/24/2018 2:01pm
Well isn't his new business plan kind of irrelevant?
There have been issues with tracks throughout this year and they have seen changes
Tuff blocks on triples, nets, hangtown not being ripped mega deep (last year everyone complained about too many deep ruts making passes difficult
And most recently glen helen jumps getting knocked down.
I think Canard was on to something, but it doesn't mean he is the only one who can do it
tkimb
5/24/2018 3:04pm
crockett wrote:
Well isn't his new business plan kind of irrelevant? There have been issues with tracks throughout this year and they have seen changes Tuff blocks on...
Well isn't his new business plan kind of irrelevant?
There have been issues with tracks throughout this year and they have seen changes
Tuff blocks on triples, nets, hangtown not being ripped mega deep (last year everyone complained about too many deep ruts making passes difficult
And most recently glen helen jumps getting knocked down.
I think Canard was on to something, but it doesn't mean he is the only one who can do it
Agreed, they seem to be doing it just fine, they have enough guys around. They don't need to specifically pay someone to say those jumps are dangerous etc.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
5/24/2018 7:06pm
Yeah was supposed to be the safety advocate, made a big deal about it at A1, even made the broadcast. After that crickets...even after riders had a head on crash. Guess it wasn't a very important role.
5/24/2018 10:23pm
yak651 wrote:
Yeah was supposed to be the safety advocate, made a big deal about it at A1, even made the broadcast. After that crickets...even after riders had...
Yeah was supposed to be the safety advocate, made a big deal about it at A1, even made the broadcast. After that crickets...even after riders had a head on crash. Guess it wasn't a very important role.
He would've loved to be a part of it and giving a riders perspective when a lot of the riders get ignored...but was told no for this season at least. Hasn't had much to do with it since Glendale.
Motofinne
5/25/2018 1:29am
All this safety talk made me think about Kevin Windham.

Wasn't there a fatality a few years ago and Matthes had Windham and Emig(i think) on the show and Windham was very passionate about the safety aspects of racing and riding. I think he even talked about doing something himself to make some kind of an impact on the matter.

I haven't heard of anything since then?
tingo
5/25/2018 7:58am
Motofinne wrote:
All this safety talk made me think about Kevin Windham. Wasn't there a fatality a few years ago and Matthes had Windham and Emig(i think) on...
All this safety talk made me think about Kevin Windham.

Wasn't there a fatality a few years ago and Matthes had Windham and Emig(i think) on the show and Windham was very passionate about the safety aspects of racing and riding. I think he even talked about doing something himself to make some kind of an impact on the matter.

I haven't heard of anything since then?
Like Trey, KDub was vocal about rider safety right after he retired. Kevin's efforts weren't quite as organized as Treys, in that they were mainly Instagram posts instead of forming an actual company. I certainly value those guys intentions and efforts, but it always seemed a bit crazy to me that KDub of all people became the safety advocate, when the dude was out there hucking massive bootertransfers in the dark as part of the SX opening ceremonies. Miss having that guy around!
davistld01
5/25/2018 8:13am Edited Date/Time 5/25/2018 8:14am
22Ryann wrote:
Treys business: https://www.instagram.com/racing.standard/

That AMA and Feld will withhold from actually being able to help our sport.
Unfortunately...this sport is, has been & forever will be an "entertainment" sport. That said, the AMA and Feld (IMO) won't get involved in this because if they push to make tracks and racing itself safer for the riders...it might take away from the excitement (riders crashing) that motivate some ticket buyers to spend their dollars.

I'm 100% behind what Trey is trying to achieve with his company, but I am skeptical about it getting any traction in the industry because of who is running the show these days.

I hope I'm wrong.
bowser977
5/25/2018 8:28am
Nothing against Trey, but they have 80+ riders racing each weekend they could take input from rather than having to add additional costs to pay for someone.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
5/25/2018 11:54am
bowser977 wrote:
Nothing against Trey, but they have 80+ riders racing each weekend they could take input from rather than having to add additional costs to pay for...
Nothing against Trey, but they have 80+ riders racing each weekend they could take input from rather than having to add additional costs to pay for someone.
X2 and Trey didn't have the best judgment when he was racing.Blush
davistld01
5/25/2018 12:09pm
bowser977 wrote:
Nothing against Trey, but they have 80+ riders racing each weekend they could take input from rather than having to add additional costs to pay for...
I'd be willing to believe that none of those 80+ riders (except for Reed) have the balls to say anything derogatory about track conditions for fear that Feld will blackball them some way, or that they might get the reputation as a "whiner". Trey never said much either until he was in a position to do it without it costing him anything.
bd
5/25/2018 1:45pm
bowser977 wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
X2 and Trey didn't have the best judgment when he was racing.Blush
I know --- doubling a triple when you have a banner on your foot peg was a poor choice. Maybe the track designers could of placed an escape before the triple. But fuck it.... that falls on Trey when the rider behind him decided not to check up.

keinz
5/26/2018 1:19am
Enjoying retirement with this guy

make1go
5/26/2018 4:27am
the number 1 reason why feld bought the rights to Sx is...........taah daah...lots of spectacular crashes...
tingo
5/26/2018 5:55am
For our next trick we'll put JS7 in charge of media relations.
LOL. This was really under appreciated.

Post a reply to: Where is Canard?

The Latest