Where has DC been?

RandomUserName
Fantasy
2773rd
the MavTV debacle.
the drone.
the 2 riders being injured due to track posts.

seems like in year's past, he's been pretty active on here and always addressed things as they happened.

but this year, it's crickets from him. Anybody know why? Seems like there have been a few issues where his comment would have been appropriate.
|
Richy
6/10/2022 6:34am
I get you and I kind of agree on the face of it, but with the changes / issues you've mentioned you have to imagine he has his hands full sorting that stuff out and running the series and whatnot?

Not making excuses, and it's not like he needs anyone to talk for him, let alone some totally random clown from England, but this is certain to be the busiest part of a busy year for the guy.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
6/10/2022 6:39am
I think it's great he pops in here from time to time, but there shouldn't be an expectation that he is always at our disposal.
CR92
6/10/2022 7:00am Edited Date/Time 6/10/2022 2:17pm
Personally, I take it as a sign he is getting things fixed. I don't know him at all, but he's always seemed to be the person in here to own up to any issues/mistakes and fix them. The fact you haven't seen anything tells me he is very much doing all he can to fix the Mav issues, and keep the nationals on track.
I do always appreciate that he posts in here, but don't expect it. The guy has got to be unbelievably busy.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
6/10/2022 7:15am
Probably working on fixing it in real life.

For the record, I'm pretty salty about how MavTV has been handled/described beforehand, but I don't blame him for not coming on here to walk the gauntlet and get berated by hundreds of random people that won't actually help anything.

The Shop

Logan_Ryall
6/10/2022 7:19am
GrapeApe wrote:
I think it's great he pops in here from time to time, but there shouldn't be an expectation that he is always at our disposal.
We’re going into round 3 of the outdoors and most of us can barely watch the shit. Would be nice to hear why this happened.
6/10/2022 7:36am
DC is probably locked in and focused on his training. To practice Thursday at red Bud race the pro track Friday. Then race on the night track Friday and Saturday night. Work Saturday for the national. Then race Sunday on the pro track.
Timo
6/10/2022 7:42am
GrapeApe wrote:
We’re going into round 3 of the outdoors and most of us can barely watch the shit. Would be nice to hear why this happened.
Replays work great!
RandomUserName
Fantasy
2773rd
6/10/2022 7:51am
GrapeApe wrote:
I get that. I'm simply saying that if we use history as a guide, he TYPICALLY responds to "major" happenings regarding the Nationals, and the 3 events I listed seem like things he would respond to in the past.

I get he's busy (we all are) - was just curious if others have noticed his silence. Carry on!
TeamGreen
6/10/2022 7:52am
DC is probably locked in and focused on his training. To practice Thursday at red Bud race the pro track Friday. Then race on the night...
DC is probably locked in and focused on his training. To practice Thursday at red Bud race the pro track Friday. Then race on the night track Friday and Saturday night. Work Saturday for the national. Then race Sunday on the pro track.
And run RacerX...
And try to get "The Great TV Debacle" figured out...
And stay on top of the LL's qual/regional events...
And keep the 2022 LL's planning on point...
And get the 2023 AMA Nationals Race Schedule dialed in...
Etc., etc., etc. ...
Logan_Ryall
6/10/2022 7:59am
GrapeApe wrote:
Timo wrote:
Replays work great!
Lol. I’m done with mav. YouTube will do I guess
McG194
6/10/2022 8:00am
CR92 wrote:
Personally, I take it as a sign he is getting things fixed. I don't know him at all, but he's always seemed to be the person...
Personally, I take it as a sign he is getting things fixed. I don't know him at all, but he's always seemed to be the person in here to own up to any issues/mistakes and fix them. The fact you haven't seen anything tells me he is very much doing all he can to fix the Mav issues, and keep the nationals on track.
I do always appreciate that he posts in here, but don't expect it. The guy has got to be unbelievably busy.
WoodsRacer
Fantasy
2893rd
6/10/2022 8:19am
In most cases actions speak louder then words.

For MavTV, putting out apologies and updates is nice, but actually working hard to fix the apps, servers, and overall service is critical.

For the banners/metal steak, working with all the track owners, setup crews to make sure this doesn't happen again is critical.

Updating vital is nice, but not critical. I am hoping DC is doing/pushing for the critical things, and will come update us clowns once those are taken care of first.
JazzyJJ
6/10/2022 8:32am
DC is probably locked in and focused on his training. To practice Thursday at red Bud race the pro track Friday. Then race on the night...
TeamGreen wrote:
And run RacerX... And try to get "The Great TV Debacle" figured out... And stay on top of the LL's qual/regional events... And keep the 2022...
And run RacerX...
And try to get "The Great TV Debacle" figured out...
And stay on top of the LL's qual/regional events...
And keep the 2022 LL's planning on point...
And get the 2023 AMA Nationals Race Schedule dialed in...
Etc., etc., etc. ...
Sounds like he might have bit off a bit too much, maybe this is where some of the issues are coming from.
jambalaya
6/10/2022 9:14am
Someone beat me to the counting his money post
JustMX
6/10/2022 9:23am
the MavTV debacle. the drone. the 2 riders being injured due to track posts. seems like in year's past, he's been pretty active on here and...
the MavTV debacle.
the drone.
the 2 riders being injured due to track posts.

seems like in year's past, he's been pretty active on here and always addressed things as they happened.

but this year, it's crickets from him. Anybody know why? Seems like there have been a few issues where his comment would have been appropriate.
I heard he meant some hot, horney executive woman that talked him into taking a trip to cancun on spur of the moment.

He will be on here soon telling us all about it
RandomUserName
Fantasy
2773rd
6/10/2022 9:27am
just to be clear - I wasn't implying a criticism of him. I understand the guy has a lot going on. I just find it a little odd that he's taken this year away from the sporadic responses/updates we've had in year's past. That's all.
twotwosix
6/10/2022 9:29am
Probably working running Racer X and the AMA Pro Motocross Series.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
6/10/2022 9:50am
just to be clear - I wasn't implying a criticism of him. I understand the guy has a lot going on. I just find it a...
just to be clear - I wasn't implying a criticism of him. I understand the guy has a lot going on. I just find it a little odd that he's taken this year away from the sporadic responses/updates we've had in year's past. That's all.
DC has more fans on here than not, so usually you get piled on if you critique him or his series. As far as the stakes I’m sure his lawyer told him not to comment, could imagine anything he says on that could open up MX Sports to ambulance chasers
DonM
6/10/2022 10:25am
just to be clear - I wasn't implying a criticism of him. I understand the guy has a lot going on. I just find it a...
Well the trolls on here have gotten worse and have tore into just about every insider that has posted in here so eventually they just stop....
DunnySeat
Fantasy
2654th
6/10/2022 11:16am Edited Date/Time 6/10/2022 11:17am
Who cares? The man is probably busy.
FlaNard
6/10/2022 12:15pm
Wouldn’t you rather he use his time to work on actually fixing the obvious issues instead of coming on here to just have people pissed off at him regardless of what he says? It’s a shitshow right now and no doubt DC knows it.
gt80rider
6/10/2022 12:21pm
DonM wrote:
Well the trolls on here have gotten worse and have tore into just about every insider that has posted in here so eventually they just stop....
first day on the internet i see... so here.. let me explain something to ya....

It's been that way since day 1 here (and not just here, but Every web forum)... many of those with big names just can't resist.... been seeing it for years in the past, will be seeing it for years in the future...

#internetnoobies
jeffro503
6/10/2022 12:23pm
GrapeApe wrote:
Grape pretty much said what I was thinking.
Broseph
6/10/2022 12:49pm Edited Date/Time 6/10/2022 12:49pm
GrapeApe wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Grapebro has had nothing but solid takes lately. Dude has things figured out.
6/10/2022 2:08pm
GrapeApe wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Nobody mentioned or implied anything about expectation.
Simply that when typical activity and/or habits change, it’s reasonable, or even human nature to wonder why.
DonM
6/10/2022 2:12pm
DonM wrote:
gt80rider wrote:
first day on the internet i see... so here.. let me explain something to ya.... It's been that way since day 1 here (and not just...
first day on the internet i see... so here.. let me explain something to ya....

It's been that way since day 1 here (and not just here, but Every web forum)... many of those with big names just can't resist.... been seeing it for years in the past, will be seeing it for years in the future...

#internetnoobies
“Smokey, this is not Vietnam, this is bowling. ...
ProKawi24
6/10/2022 2:19pm
DonM wrote:
The funny thing is if DC was in here replying to everyone's complaints they would then complain that he was wasting too much time on the forum instead of fixing the issues. Can't please everyone.
Moto520
6/10/2022 2:20pm
Apparently he's been unsuccessfully chasing droners off the circuit (i'm sure this was said earlier)
BigBoreFan58
6/10/2022 2:41pm
Keefer said last he saw DC, DC was in his man-cave counting massive stacks of cash.

Post a reply to: Where has DC been?

The Latest