Where does Malcolm go?

spimx
7/16/2020 8:58am Edited Date/Time 7/16/2020 8:59am
spimx wrote:
I feel like no factory has picked him up because he won't race outdoors
GuyB wrote:
Explain Justin Brayton.
Brayton races a lot overseas and also has produced better results than mookie for like 10 years. He's a vet rider so I bet as a support rider his testing is better.

Maybe mookie needs to beat him out for the Australian championship and that will help him.
Motofinne
7/16/2020 9:21am
TSCHAM101 wrote:
i bet he goes to like a Rocky Mountain ATV MC KTM type of ride..
Motofinne wrote:
Would have to wear Fly, so i don't think that is possible.

I could see him on Team Tedder. Factory spec bikes and SX only.
RichieW13 wrote:
If his choices are: A) Ride for RMATV and wear Fly Gear or B ) Privateer or no racing and wear Seven Gear Would he really...
If his choices are:

A) Ride for RMATV and wear Fly Gear

or

B ) Privateer or no racing and wear Seven Gear

Would he really choose option B?
Why wouldn't Team Tedder be an option?
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
7/16/2020 9:58am
Motofinne wrote:
Would have to wear Fly, so i don't think that is possible.

I could see him on Team Tedder. Factory spec bikes and SX only.
RichieW13 wrote:
If his choices are: A) Ride for RMATV and wear Fly Gear or B ) Privateer or no racing and wear Seven Gear Would he really...
If his choices are:

or

Motofinne wrote:
Maybe it is. But wouldn't they pay a lot less than RMATV? So the same question would apply - is Seven gear really an absolute deal-breaker if he can get more money somewhere else?
Motofinne
7/16/2020 10:04am
RichieW13 wrote:
If his choices are:

or

Motofinne wrote:
RichieW13 wrote:
Maybe it is. But wouldn't they pay a lot less than RMATV? So the same question would apply - is Seven gear really an absolute deal-breaker...
Maybe it is. But wouldn't they pay a lot less than RMATV? So the same question would apply - is Seven gear really an absolute deal-breaker if he can get more money somewhere else?
The second RMATVMC ride is low pay. His Seven, Shoei, Gaerne and Scott deals are probably way more than the salary as the second rider behind Baggett.

The Shop

mb60
7/16/2020 12:01pm
Put him on AP7"s bike this summer for a few rounds. Staying at home and saying he wants to race is so far away.
Bidirella
7/16/2020 12:08pm
Motofinne wrote:
The second RMATVMC ride is low pay. His Seven, Shoei, Gaerne and Scott deals are probably way more than the salary as the second rider behind...
The second RMATVMC ride is low pay. His Seven, Shoei, Gaerne and Scott deals are probably way more than the salary as the second rider behind Baggett.
That could be correct, but on the other side he could be having a good team and Factory bike underneath him.

That’s the gable you take. Money or team?

Maybe we are wrong and he can have both Grinning
Motofinne
7/16/2020 12:14pm
Motofinne wrote:
The second RMATVMC ride is low pay. His Seven, Shoei, Gaerne and Scott deals are probably way more than the salary as the second rider behind...
Bidirella wrote:
That could be correct, but on the other side he could be having a good team and Factory bike underneath him. That’s the gable you take...
That could be correct, but on the other side he could be having a good team and Factory bike underneath him.

Well the bike that he would have at Team Tedder is identical to the RMATVMC bike, the question would be if he could get the same amount of parts options and testing days with WP/KTM on the Tedder team?
Zycki11
7/16/2020 12:20pm
Motofinne wrote:
Bidirella wrote:
That could be correct, but on the other side he could be having a good team and Factory bike underneath him. That’s the gable you take...

Motofinne wrote:
Well the bike that he would have at Team Tedder is identical to the RMATVMC bike, the question would be if he could get the same...
Well the bike that he would have at Team Tedder is identical to the RMATVMC bike, the question would be if he could get the same amount of parts options and testing days with WP/KTM on the Tedder team?
Yes, Tedder receives KTM factory support
Motofinne
7/16/2020 12:23pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2020 12:24pm
Bidirella wrote:

Motofinne wrote:
Well the bike that he would have at Team Tedder is identical to the RMATVMC bike, the question would be if he could get the same...
Zycki11 wrote:
Yes, Tedder receives KTM factory support
Same amount as RMATVMC? I'm not talking about the bike that obviously is identical but i would assume that Baggett got more time with WP/KTM guys at the test track testing the bike before the 2020 season compared to Davalos?
tek14
7/16/2020 12:25pm
Just give him AP7 Factory Yamaha to do outdoors.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
7/16/2020 12:27pm
I love Mookie and agree about cringing when any of these pros say they can’t ride because they don’t have a bike. I hope Mookie ends up on a good bike for next supercross season. He is so fun to watch in the whoops passing just about anyone else.
Zycki11
7/16/2020 12:27pm
Motofinne wrote:
Same amount as RMATVMC? I'm not talking about the bike that obviously is identical but i would assume that Baggett got more time with WP/KTM guys...
Same amount as RMATVMC? I'm not talking about the bike that obviously is identical but i would assume that Baggett got more time with WP/KTM guys at the test track testing the bike before the 2020 season compared to Davalos?
I don’t think they would hold Malcolm back by not helping him test. Then again I have no clue of the ins and outs of a situation like that. They are all different.
Natester551v
7/16/2020 2:18pm
He told Swap he'd ride outdoors if he had a ride. I think he sat out after winning the East Coast 250SX title because his FC ride was SX-only. I know he had some kidney issues as well, so he sat out after that.

He's much more fit now, so I think he'd do well. Not Tomac/Webb/Roczen well, but he'd be right there in that second group....
RalphS
7/16/2020 8:13pm
I heard he just signed with team SevenCR22 along with 2 unknown riders coming back from retirement.
kkawboy14
7/16/2020 9:03pm
spimx wrote:
I feel like no factory has picked him up because he won't race outdoors
RichieW13 wrote:
Has he ever actually said he won't race outdoors?
He said he won’t race outdoors if he can’t make money doing it.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
7/17/2020 9:01am
Anyone listen to the new Mookie podcast on RacerX yet?
Motofinne
7/17/2020 9:05am
Boomslang wrote:
Yes i listened to it this morning. For me, it sounded like he wanted to do both SX and MX. I don't think we'll see him at MCR in 2021.

And a team (or teams) have been in contact with him for 21.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
7/17/2020 9:10am
Boomslang wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
Yes i listened to it this morning. For me, it sounded like he wanted to do both SX and MX. I don't think we'll see him...
Yes i listened to it this morning. For me, it sounded like he wanted to do both SX and MX. I don't think we'll see him at MCR in 2021.

Thanks, hopefully he can land a good ride for 2021.
7/17/2020 12:17pm
Boomslang wrote:
I though it was funny how into fishing he is. Moto is just a day job. Fishing is life!
tcannon521
Fantasy
1398th
7/17/2020 3:37pm
loftyair wrote:
I bet he cold take a stock bike, dump 50k into it, make it possibly better than someone elses (factory) bike, and not even notice a...
I bet he cold take a stock bike, dump 50k into it, make it possibly better than someone elses (factory) bike, and not even notice a thing in the bank account. Plus, do great, and it comes flooding back.
Money never comes “flooding back” in racing...
js451
7/17/2020 5:19pm
Motofinne wrote:
Yes i listened to it this morning. For me, it sounded like he wanted to do both SX and MX. I don't think we'll see him...

Awsome that’s good news. So happy he wants to race outdoors
tprice07
7/18/2020 11:04pm
Penrite Honda along side JB10 for US and overseas SX.
yz133rider
7/19/2020 3:43am
tprice07 wrote:
Penrite Honda along side JB10 for US and overseas SX.
Still no outdoors?

Post a reply to: Where does Malcolm go?

The Latest