Where does Malcolm go?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/10/2020 4:53 PM

Racer X is saying Mookie wont be back with Smart Top, bummer seemed like a good fit from the outside

|

What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.

7/10/2020 5:01 PM

Weird, I figured MCR would have locked him in for 2021. Not sure where he lands. Hopefully MCR is staying in though.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

7/10/2020 5:04 PM

Bananas

|

7/10/2020 5:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/10/2020 5:32 PM

Bummer, Mookie seems to be a good fit there.

|

7/10/2020 5:15 PM

He must have a really good offer on the table somewhere else. I doubt MCR would just let go of him. Especially if Hill is staying.

|

7/10/2020 5:21 PM

Just a guess, but MCR is a bonus heavy program. Unless you’re in the top 5 regularly, I doubt they are making much money there. I’m all for the motto of that bonus structure program BTW.

I’m sure he’ll secure a descent ride, if he hasn’t already !

|

7/10/2020 5:22 PM

Gas gas

|

7/10/2020 5:26 PM

Outdoors

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

7/10/2020 5:30 PM

Fishing

|

7/10/2020 5:33 PM

langhammx wrote:

Just a guess, but MCR is a bonus heavy program. Unless you’re in the top 5 regularly, I doubt they are making much money there. I’m all for the motto of that bonus structure program BTW.

I’m sure he’ll secure a descent ride, if he hasn’t already !

They are bonus heavy, but my understanding is the bonuses are paid pretty deep. I've heard JT$ mention a few times about Friese trying to kill someone for 10th place because of the money. I think when he hit Brayton at Daytona this year that was bonus related.

|

7/10/2020 5:38 PM

But realistically, where does Malcolm go? The factory teams are all full, except maybe Yamaha if they don't re-sign Barcia and neither Ferrandis or McElrath take the seat. There is the #2 spot at RMATV-MC, but that team has a big deal with Fly Racing and WPS, and Malcolm is not wearing anything but Seven. Back to JGR if they have a new title sponsor (as rumoured??). HEP stepping up in a big way with factory Suzuki support?? Star Yamaha 450?

|

7/10/2020 5:46 PM

Hill over Malcolm? Someone explain that to me unless Hill is on a 2 year deal. Mookie all day long.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

7/10/2020 7:05 PM

ChristopherHitchens wrote:

Racer X is saying Mookie wont be back with Smart Top, bummer seemed like a good fit from the outside

They said MCR and Malcolm can’t agree on terms yet. Not that he won’t be back. They may still get it ironed out.

|

7/10/2020 7:13 PM

He just had his best season on a 450, maybe he's worth more to a factory team now.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/10/2020 7:23 PM

It sounds like he may have another option or two besides MCR. He brings a unique brand and an opportunity to reach a broad spectrum of casual fans. Now he’s also getting better results.

If he doesn’t stay with MCR, we’ll find out quick if it was their program and bike or if Mookie really has reached that next, consistent level.

My concern would be changing bike platforms drastically and anything that reduces his level of training as he clearly upped the physical aspect ahead of this season. He seems to have matured and reached a good point where he loves the sport and it will be awesome to see him make another full season next year.

|

7/10/2020 7:29 PM

Mook was on fire in SLC, he should try to get as much as he can

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

7/10/2020 7:29 PM

hamncheeze wrote:

But realistically, where does Malcolm go? The factory teams are all full, except maybe Yamaha if they don't re-sign Barcia and neither Ferrandis or McElrath take the seat. There is the #2 spot at RMATV-MC, but that team has a big deal with Fly Racing and WPS, and Malcolm is not wearing anything but Seven. Back to JGR if they have a new title sponsor (as rumoured??). HEP stepping up in a big way with factory Suzuki support?? Star Yamaha 450?

Team Tedder could be a possible option. I say that knowing nothing of Team Tedder's plans. But I heard they planned to race outdoors and have a close to factory KTM. I think that is an underrated ride right now.

|

7/10/2020 7:33 PM

Where’s the dude at that bet me a hundred bucks Mookie was going to set the fastest lap of a main event this year?

|

7/10/2020 9:52 PM

Malcom is a bad ass mofo, I love it when that dude is on.

|

7/10/2020 9:58 PM

Shocking if this turns out true. Mookie was their best rider.

Maybe MCR are after a guy like DF and need to restructure to afford him?

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

7/10/2020 10:27 PM

t_baum88 wrote:

Where’s the dude at that bet me a hundred bucks Mookie was going to set the fastest lap of a main event this year?

It wasn’t me, but I lost $50 to Robert Martin over a Malcolm bet. I bet him that Mookie would get a podium at one race. It was very close at a couple rounds and I thought I had him. But I paid up as a bet loser. Lol

|

7/10/2020 11:49 PM

Man Mookie is so good. I kept hearing Pulp and other places talk about the bigger dudes like Tyler Bowers getting winded by the elevation etc.... then i just kept thinking how amazing it is that Mookie was able to fight till the end every race cause that mofucka is jacked asf. I was bummed no one praised Mookies fitness in that aspect cause hes definately turned it around. If he did outdoors it would be a wicked base for Supercross 2021. Either way im a fan

|

7/11/2020 12:00 AM

I really want to see him outdoors

|

7/11/2020 5:00 AM

As a returning rider that pretty much missed the James Stewart era and returned last year, Malcolm is a very impressive kid all around. Loves the fans, exciting rider to watch, Hidden behind Tomac/Roczen/Web who stand alone on a different tier. Malcolm and Ferrandis would be one odd ass pairing on a team, but may work

|

7/11/2020 5:51 AM

t_baum88 wrote:

langhammx wrote:

It wasn’t me, but I lost $50 to Robert Martin over a Malcolm bet. I bet him that Mookie would get a podium at one race. It was very close at a couple rounds and I thought I had him. But I paid up as a bet loser. Lol

I found him, his name is “observeroffacts”

Chances I ever see this money? Slim to none

|

7/11/2020 6:21 AM

Malcolms results and therefore his pricetag went up. I just hope he makes a deal with someone. Love seeing him send it in the whoops.

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

7/11/2020 11:20 AM

Factory GasGas rider 2021.

|

7/11/2020 11:26 AM

Boomslang wrote:

Shocking if this turns out true. Mookie was their best rider.

Maybe MCR are after a guy like DF and need to restructure to afford him?

No world where DF doesn’t race the nationals on a 450 and MCR is SX only, so won’t work.

|

7/11/2020 11:40 AM

DF and mookie on factory Yamaha

|

7/11/2020 11:44 AM

AxlBundy wrote:

DF and mookie on factory Yamaha

I would prefer neither go there. That team has an almost jgr level track record

|