Where do you send your suspension?

Martini637
I just got my hands on a very lightly used '13 KX450 (less than 20hrs).I need to send the forks and show to get rebuilt and revalved, and was curious where you guys send your suspension? I have heard alot of good things about Factory Connection and Pro Circuit but i would like to hear first hand what yall think... Thanks!
|
JW381
3/25/2017 1:23pm
I've had great experiences with Race Tech. Customer service is top notch, pricing is competitive, and the results were great. No problems to report. I'd definitely give them a call. On of the reps posts here, he can probably get you pointed in the right direction.
mwssquad827
3/25/2017 1:24pm
JW381 wrote:
I've had great experiences with Race Tech. Customer service is top notch, pricing is competitive, and the results were great. No problems to report. I'd definitely...
I've had great experiences with Race Tech. Customer service is top notch, pricing is competitive, and the results were great. No problems to report. I'd definitely give them a call. On of the reps posts here, he can probably get you pointed in the right direction.
This^^^
Mx286
3/25/2017 1:29pm
Used PR2 for the past few years and they do phenomenal work.
crossrut
3/25/2017 1:33pm
Race tech go to pulp mx and get the discount code

The Shop

Dtat720
3/25/2017 1:34pm
Find someone local that knows suspension and can watch you ride. You can order everything you need from Race Tech. Thats what i do and have never felt the need to send it off.
rrjr
3/25/2017 1:44pm
I usually send my suspension off of every big hit I can find. Then my suspension usually sends me face first into the dirt.

We have a strange relationship. Cool
3/25/2017 1:58pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2017 1:58pm
Martini637 wrote:
I just got my hands on a very lightly used '13 KX450 (less than 20hrs).I need to send the forks and show to get rebuilt and...
I just got my hands on a very lightly used '13 KX450 (less than 20hrs).I need to send the forks and show to get rebuilt and revalved, and was curious where you guys send your suspension? I have heard alot of good things about Factory Connection and Pro Circuit but i would like to hear first hand what yall think... Thanks!
Being in N. Texas I encourage you to check out Merge Racing. They did mine and it's awesome.
Giygas
Fantasy
1165th
3/25/2017 2:00pm
Being in N. Texas I encourage you to check out Merge Racing. They did mine and it's awesome.
I second Merge. Jim is a great guy. However, they don't work on 4CS forks.
se7enmx
3/25/2017 2:03pm
CLICK in Santa Cruz. Mike Neezer Marquez will dial ya up.
kkawboy14
3/25/2017 2:16pm
Whoever is servicing where you ride! They will help you when your riding and they have to see you......that translates into good service
Coyote
3/25/2017 2:38pm
se7enmx wrote:
CLICK in Santa Cruz. Mike Neezer Marquez will dial ya up.
this!! mike ONLY worked at Fox for almost 30 years, basically was the one behind the motorcycle Fox shock which is the best of Showa and Kayaba components...I have trusted his stuff for years. he also worked with Paul turner of Rockshox working on mtn bike suspension, if you can get a bicycle suspension to work with basically no chain torque, motor torque, a motorcyle should be ez, try CLICK it!!
Click suspension labs - Bay OTHG
davidgrip
3/25/2017 4:04pm
Pro Circuit. I have had fantastic service and amazing results with their suspensions. Worth the investment, and a great value.

David
774 Kawasaki KX450F
Factory Backing
Factory Seat
Acerbis
Dunlop
Mx Engine Stands
Matrix Concepts
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
3/25/2017 9:28pm
If you'd like to discuss the Race Tech option further, shoot me over an email to chris@racetech.com and I'll get you setup with a recommended setup/quote and talk you through the upgrades we offer. There is even a sweet VitalMX discount for the members here.

I'm happy to help with any questions to help you make the decision that feels best to you.
3/25/2017 9:41pm
An up and coming suspension company, is Maximum Performance, out of the Houston area! Max is young but really has a mind for racing! He does some arena cross guys, and off road guys that I know of! So, if you're in Texas, I would recommend MP!
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
3/25/2017 9:46pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2017 9:54pm
Martini637 wrote:
I just got my hands on a very lightly used '13 KX450 (less than 20hrs).I need to send the forks and show to get rebuilt and...
Have you ridden it yet?

If you do want some work done, Merge would be a good option as you can test it there. If, that is an option. Also, like crusher773 said, the factory connection group in proximity to him, has a very good reputation. As a matter of fact, they do/have done a lot of stuff for the elite pros in the state (like the ones that were on the broadcast tonight, and those injured that were out for the Detroit SX) and not because of sponsorship obligations but because of their end product. Service and quality are what I hear most about them, from anyone who uses, or has used them.

Ive always found it odd, that the better suspension gets, the more people get suspension work done. Just an observation and not directed at you or anyone in particular.
JBecker 72
3/25/2017 9:55pm
A good local tuner will be better than a big name company that's never seen you ride and is a thousand miles away. At least that's always been my experience.

I've ridden a few times with the guy who sets up my stuff and he knew exactly what tracks I go to and at what pace I ride. I'm happy with the finished product.

Pete Payne at Heavy Duty Racing in Stafford, VA.
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
3/25/2017 11:35pm
Factory Connection for sure.
kiwifan
3/26/2017 12:18am
Factory Connection or Race Tech for me....
PTshox
3/26/2017 12:42am Edited Date/Time 3/26/2017 12:44am
Neezer has an interesting background that 99.999% of the suspension turners don't have.

1. He's been around (experienced) and raced at the expert/pro level in moto back in the day.
2. He's really the one that got Santa Cruz MTN bikes started. Tom Morris had a bike he built in his garage & Paul Macaine's welding shop. Neezer saw it and brought the idea of a bike company to Novak who had money to back the idea (Novak is behind Santa Cruz Skate Boards). Tom would have never got it off the ground like Neezer did with Novak. Neezer was the glue though. Tom told me the story in his bedroom one day.....Many a moon ago. Before he built the first Tazmon bike frame. Sadly Tom had MS and died sometime back.
3. Neezer left Santa Cruz Mtn bikes to work for childhood friend Paul Turner (David Bailey's old mechanic - and a good 2 stroke pipe builder/porter) at RockShocks. Not sure Neezers input into the shocks but he was there with Mike McAndrews. McAndrews was Jeff Wards Mechanic and worked with the Dogger and Hannah too as a mechanic. He started this suspension company called Factory Connection. Have you heard of it? Anyways, McAndrews sold Factory Connection and went to work with Turner to build the rear shocks as I recall. At the time Rock Shocks only had a fork. Neezer was there and involved with all those Rock Shock Products with Turner.
4. McAndrews, Neezer and a guy named Lampman left Rock Shocks as it was running into issues as a pubic traded company (such a company NEVER should have gone public... that's another story). They go to work for Fox Shoxs (Bob Fox) as a team to build a fork for them. Fox at the time only makes a rear bicycle shock. Interestingly enough Rock Shock tried to buy Fox shocks but the FTC blocked it as I recall...... So McAndrews, Neezer and Lampman, who were fresh off the Rock Shock Psylo fork project, go to Fox shocks.
5. Fox shocks doubles in size in a few years. They produced the best fork in the biz.. no plastic parts.. all machined al and cast mag. Paired with the existing fox rear mtn bike shock they get a ton of OEM spec's and Bob Fox’s company grows way beyond the snowmobile biz that was keeping it going. These 3 guys... Bob Fox should be buying them lots of cool shit every year!

More to the story that Neezer can fill in if he wants to jump in... but the bottom line is most suspension turners are clowns. I'm not looking to insult the good ones. And, there are some, but most, are just nuts and have no clue. Neezer has the right background. And he understands mfg'ing product, and knows where/how to get that done too.

Oh.. and there is this kid doing pretty well right now in AMA supercross. He has this dad named John that used to race mountain bikes. Neezer used to do the testing/setup work for John's mtb s when he was at Rock Shocks.
3/26/2017 1:54am
Funny that nobody has asked about your skill level.....but I second the Merge Racing option, if they will be able to help you. Big fan of those guys.

Post a reply to: Where do you send your suspension?

The Latest