Where do the top amateur kids sell their used bikes?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/19/2017 5:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/19/2017 5:14 PM

Didnt want to make the thread title too long, but I am interested in purchasing a couple of 85s and at least a 125. I know after Mini Os alot of the kids who have factory or factoryish contracts sell their minis because they receive new ones. I would like to purchase a few if possible. Was talking to somebody and they actually got a great deal buying a few bikes from a kid who is amateur factory rider for KTM. Said the kid had about 15 KTM 65s, 85s, and a couple of superminis. Is that normal for a one of the top amateur kids to have that many bikes at one time? I mean do these kids get those for free as part of their contracts? Thats pretty sweet if true. No preference on brand either. . I did see that the Deegans have a few KTMs for sale. So something along those lines is what I would like to purchase if possible. Any help would be much appreciated.

|

12/19/2017 5:18 PM

I see them on Instagram pretty often. Follow the riders or message their parents.

|

12/19/2017 5:23 PM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

I see them on Instagram pretty often. Follow the riders or message their parents.

Im really not a big instagram guy at all. If you have any links, I would really appreciate it. I do go on instagram occasionally though. That is where I saw that the Deegans had a few for sale. Really just looking for a mod 85 , a stock 85, supermini, and 125. There is an old post on here about someone finding Mike Alessis Supermini for sale.Pretty interesting. Thank you for the advice.

|

12/19/2017 5:31 PM

Craigslist. Like everyone else.

|

12/19/2017 5:38 PM

Go to Orange County (CA) Craigslist. Type in "supermini". Pick a color. wink

|

12/19/2017 6:16 PM

Zesiger 112 wrote:

Craigslist. Like everyone else.

Is there a specific time when you might see more listings. How many bikes do these kids go through in one amateur season?

|

12/19/2017 6:18 PM

WE GET ARE SUSZUKI RM85 A LOG TIME AGO FORM ATHENS SUSZUKI BUT THEN CUND GET US A RM100 TO TAKE US THE NEXT STEP UP

|

suszuki rm85

12/19/2017 6:20 PM

Mini Elsinore wrote:

Go to Orange County (CA) Craigslist. Type in "supermini". Pick a color. wink

Thanks yes this is what I was looking for. See Chase Sextons supermini on there and Tyler Sjobergs. Really appreciate it.

|

12/19/2017 6:28 PM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe bikes are one way the manufacturers get around 'paying' the kids or their parents. They just give them a ton of bikes that they can then sell to help offset the cost of their program.

|

12/19/2017 6:33 PM

Mini Elsinore wrote:

Go to Orange County (CA) Craigslist. Type in "supermini". Pick a color. wink

Tp800 wrote:

Thanks yes this is what I was looking for. See Chase Sextons supermini on there and Tyler Sjobergs. Really appreciate it.

My pleasure. That Sexton YZ...... cool

|

12/19/2017 6:35 PM

Spooner wrote:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe bikes are one way the manufacturers get around 'paying' the kids or their parents. They just give them a ton of bikes that they can then sell to help offset the cost of their program.

Some have bikes, travel budgets and don't forget manufacturers have contingency programs.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/19/2017 6:41 PM

tylermx967 wrote:

WE GET ARE SUSZUKI RM85 A LOG TIME AGO FORM ATHENS SUSZUKI BUT THEN CUND GET US A RM100 TO TAKE US THE NEXT STEP UP

What does this mean exactly?

|

12/19/2017 6:46 PM

tylermx967 wrote:

WE GET ARE SUSZUKI RM85 A LOG TIME AGO FORM ATHENS SUSZUKI BUT THEN CUND GET US A RM100 TO TAKE US THE NEXT STEP UP

Tp800 wrote:

What does this mean exactly?

Interesting. As I look more into this amateur racing at the national level. It is more like these kids are mini pros. IS it true that some of these kids legit go through 20 or 25 dirtbikes a season? I mean some of these kids must be getting hundreds of thousands of dollars in support from various manufacturers. Not to mention the cost to build some of these superminis, and mod bikes. Some of those things can get up into the 15 to twenty grand range for a supermini.

Anyways if I can find the right package deal, ithat would be ideal. I know thousands oaks yamaha had a ton of 85s a wawhile back that R and D pipes on them. Very good prices as well.

|

12/19/2017 6:47 PM

tylermx967 wrote:

WE GET ARE SUSZUKI RM85 A LOG TIME AGO FORM ATHENS SUSZUKI BUT THEN CUND GET US A RM100 TO TAKE US THE NEXT STEP UP

Tp800 wrote:

What does this mean exactly?

We got an RM85 a long time ago from Athens Suzuki but hey couldn't get us an RM100 to take us to the next level

|

12/19/2017 6:47 PM

If I could find someone selling those pro circuit kx mod bikes and superminis....... Or a good set of KTM including a mod bike, supermini, and stock bike.

|

12/19/2017 6:59 PM

I got ktm supermini and a few 85s, Private message for details.

|

“Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”

12/19/2017 7:21 PM

Chains wrote:

I got ktm supermini and a few 85s, Private message for details.

PM sent.

|

12/19/2017 7:24 PM

You will be better off with new, stock bikes.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!





12/19/2017 7:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/19/2017 7:28 PM

Zesiger 112 wrote:

Craigslist. Like everyone else.

Tp800 wrote:

Is there a specific time when you might see more listings. How many bikes do these kids go through in one amateur season?

after lorettas. And set the area to near training facilities, like club mx, south of the border, millsaps etc. My area sees a lot of 125 mod and practice bikes. I don't know of many amateur kids who are getting multiple bikes to the point they swap them out regularly.

|

12/19/2017 7:32 PM

kzizok wrote:

You will be better off with new, stock bikes.

Why is that?

|

12/19/2017 7:33 PM

kzizok wrote:

You will be better off with new, stock bikes.

Tp800 wrote:

Why is that?

Thanks. Yea I will see what is available. Hopefully I can find some good stuff. Would rather buy the bikes all from one person. Those Deegan KTMs look pretty nice.

|

12/19/2017 7:38 PM

tylermx967 wrote:

WE GET ARE SUSZUKI RM85 A LOG TIME AGO FORM ATHENS SUSZUKI BUT THEN CUND GET US A RM100 TO TAKE US THE NEXT STEP UP

Tp800 wrote:

What does this mean exactly?

Tp800 wrote:

Interesting. As I look more into this amateur racing at the national level. It is more like these kids are mini pros. IS it true that some of these kids legit go through 20 or 25 dirtbikes a season? I mean some of these kids must be getting hundreds of thousands of dollars in support from various manufacturers. Not to mention the cost to build some of these superminis, and mod bikes. Some of those things can get up into the 15 to twenty grand range for a supermini.

Anyways if I can find the right package deal, ithat would be ideal. I know thousands oaks yamaha had a ton of 85s a wawhile back that R and D pipes on them. Very good prices as well.

20-25 might be a little exaggerated. But 10-15 isn't out of the question for the A ride kids.

Yes, the bikes are part of the deal... As long as you go to the races in your contract, you get the titles after Lorrettas. At least that's how it worked in '07.

|

12/19/2017 8:05 PM

Tp800 wrote:

Didnt want to make the thread title too long, but I am interested in purchasing a couple of 85s and at least a 125. I know after Mini Os alot of the kids who have factory or factoryish contracts sell their minis because they receive new ones. I would like to purchase a few if possible. Was talking to somebody and they actually got a great deal buying a few bikes from a kid who is amateur factory rider for KTM. Said the kid had about 15 KTM 65s, 85s, and a couple of superminis. Is that normal for a one of the top amateur kids to have that many bikes at one time? I mean do these kids get those for free as part of their contracts? Thats pretty sweet if true. No preference on brand either. . I did see that the Deegans have a few KTMs for sale. So something along those lines is what I would like to purchase if possible. Any help would be much appreciated.

https://ink361.com/app/users/ig-186323554/jackrogers351/photos/1673616435162100820_186323554

There's a Pro Circuit built supermini. I can get you in touch with him if you're interested.

|

12/19/2017 8:44 PM

Jett Reynolds just listed an 85 and a supermini on his instagram along with a phone number.

|

www.cheaptearoffs.com

Like us on facebook for weekly sx contests with prizes, discounts, and updates

Cheaptearoffs.com Facebook page

12/19/2017 10:00 PM

Just have to watch out for them, there lot of these guys sell them when they start getting the next year model or after so many hours. Most of the fast kids usually get picked up by the locals who see them at the local tracks. Jett’s 85 already sold he just has the super mini for sale now

|

Thank you,
Fly Racing, WPS, Dt-1, Mika Metals, Maxima, 100%, Motostuff, Factory Connection, Evs

12/19/2017 10:05 PM

Photo

|

12/19/2017 10:07 PM

Photo

|

12/19/2017 11:47 PM

Like others have mentioned I see allot of these Amateur (Pro....lol) kids post on their Instagram's that they have bikes for sale and to DM them for more info.

|

12/19/2017 11:55 PM

Where are you located? I know a guy who has two of Max Millers KTM superminis in his shop he would damn near give away. ......

|

12/20/2017 12:30 AM

I never understood how people want to buy bikes from pro riders (or A-level amateur riders). Most of the time they rode the hell out of them and they will give you costs you would never have buying a new bike with some mods and good suspension. Just my opinion though

|