Where are tires made?

bvm111
5/13/2018 11:43pm Edited Date/Time 5/13/2018 11:44pm
bvm111 wrote:
do you use a cell phone? Watch a tv? Buy toys at Christmas, or anything for that matter? Not sure why the anti China Thailand or...
do you use a cell phone? Watch a tv? Buy toys at Christmas, or anything for that matter? Not sure why the anti China Thailand or Indonesia sentiment... seems very closed minded if you!
.kyle wrote:
For the reasons posted above.
So did you post using a computer, iPad or tablet, iPhone? Where was the router you access the internet manufactured? It’s all made in China or Asia by five year olds in indentured servitude for pennies a day... why the moral high ground on MX tires?

Drive an american or Canadian assembled F150 with sub assemblies made in Mexico...they don’t use epa standards or unionized labor of 50+ dollars an hour either...then again go look at Detroit and see how that worked out for us!

I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with you...merely pointing out that pretty much everything isn’t made in America anymore and in the 70s and 80s when it was, it was all junk anyway. My dads 84 oldsmobuick delta 88 diesel with shit brown metallic paint and cream colored Naugahyde was a work of modern American engineering... it was a beaute! (Well would you just look at that!)

I drive a Toyota Tundra built Deep in the heart of Texas ... go figure right!?
kawasa84
5/14/2018 3:14am
bvm111 wrote:
do you use a cell phone? Watch a tv? Buy toys at Christmas, or anything for that matter? Not sure why the anti China Thailand or...
do you use a cell phone? Watch a tv? Buy toys at Christmas, or anything for that matter? Not sure why the anti China Thailand or Indonesia sentiment... seems very closed minded if you!
.kyle wrote:
For the reasons posted above.
bvm111 wrote:
So did you post using a computer, iPad or tablet, iPhone? Where was the router you access the internet manufactured? It’s all made in China or...
So did you post using a computer, iPad or tablet, iPhone? Where was the router you access the internet manufactured? It’s all made in China or Asia by five year olds in indentured servitude for pennies a day... why the moral high ground on MX tires?

Drive an american or Canadian assembled F150 with sub assemblies made in Mexico...they don’t use epa standards or unionized labor of 50+ dollars an hour either...then again go look at Detroit and see how that worked out for us!

I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with you...merely pointing out that pretty much everything isn’t made in America anymore and in the 70s and 80s when it was, it was all junk anyway. My dads 84 oldsmobuick delta 88 diesel with shit brown metallic paint and cream colored Naugahyde was a work of modern American engineering... it was a beaute! (Well would you just look at that!)

I drive a Toyota Tundra built Deep in the heart of Texas ... go figure right!?
Well Indonesia just had another ISIS attack on protestant churches their, done by a family of 6 from Indonesia who claimed loyalty to ISIS. Its a shit hole country. I lived there with my dad for 2 years and attended an American type school as well. As I was only 12 and 13 years old. My dad lived in Jakarta for 16 years.

To bvm111, their isn't a single unionized job ( UAW) that pays 50 plus dollars an hour. Matter of fact, around 2008, Ford negotiated 2 tier wages for UAW contracts, creating a divide of over $15 per hr for the workers at assembly plants. Soon, GM and Fiat/Chrysler followed suit. Most new hires at UAW plants in the USA started at $12 to $14 per hr and would never reach a wage higher than $25. And it takes 10 years to reach that. There was an article out about 5 years ago, on not to laugh at the person in front of you at the checkout using an EBT card, since they may be making your car the next day. I read the article, reprinted in Car & Driver magazine. The article showed how some new hire UAW members that had a family of 4, qualified for government aid, despite a full time union job.

Just thought I'd bring you up to speed on you're ignorance passing out misinformation!!!

OK, back to the subject of motocross.
.kyle
5/14/2018 3:31am
As I said before, I know there is no getting away from some items made in the far east, but the less I can buy from there the better in my mind. If more people cared where items came from their own countrys economy may be stronger.
5/14/2018 4:43am
.kyle wrote:
As I said before, I know there is no getting away from some items made in the far east, but the less I can buy from...
As I said before, I know there is no getting away from some items made in the far east, but the less I can buy from there the better in my mind. If more people cared where items came from their own countrys economy may be stronger.
I see that you're from the UK, we used to be one of the biggest manufacturers in the world but you can thank Maggie Thatcher & the Torie governments for closing that all down. Our country manufacturers next to nothing now, it just provides a service economy. It's one of the reasons why this country has gone so far downhill.

The Shop

mxtech1
5/14/2018 5:16am Edited Date/Time 5/14/2018 5:20am
kawasa84 wrote:
Well Indonesia just had another ISIS attack on protestant churches their, done by a family of 6 from Indonesia who claimed loyalty to ISIS. Its a...
Well Indonesia just had another ISIS attack on protestant churches their, done by a family of 6 from Indonesia who claimed loyalty to ISIS. Its a shit hole country. I lived there with my dad for 2 years and attended an American type school as well. As I was only 12 and 13 years old. My dad lived in Jakarta for 16 years.

To bvm111, their isn't a single unionized job ( UAW) that pays 50 plus dollars an hour. Matter of fact, around 2008, Ford negotiated 2 tier wages for UAW contracts, creating a divide of over $15 per hr for the workers at assembly plants. Soon, GM and Fiat/Chrysler followed suit. Most new hires at UAW plants in the USA started at $12 to $14 per hr and would never reach a wage higher than $25. And it takes 10 years to reach that. There was an article out about 5 years ago, on not to laugh at the person in front of you at the checkout using an EBT card, since they may be making your car the next day. I read the article, reprinted in Car & Driver magazine. The article showed how some new hire UAW members that had a family of 4, qualified for government aid, despite a full time union job.

Just thought I'd bring you up to speed on you're ignorance passing out misinformation!!!

OK, back to the subject of motocross.
Kawasa84

I personally know several UAW members, at my plant alone, that make much more than $50/hr. There are certain UAW jobs in the factory, when combined with high seniority and a low factor, plus productivity-based incentive payouts, that can bring just south of $100/hr. Some of these folks are making more than our factory manager - direct words from our factory manager.

I would say our average UAW worker, with about 15 years of seniority and operating within a good performing team, is easily making $30-$45/hr. That's about equivalent to what most of our salaried engineers on staff make. I would estimate there are probably 100 to 200 UAW folks who are around the $50/hr mark +/- a few at my factory alone.

The $/hr numbers you are throwing around are just the starting hourly rates. Since most incentive based payout systems use the wage $/hr directly in the equation to compute, the cap on hourly wage helps the company and the UAW help keep US labor affordable. If you start letting UAW wages creep high, say $30/hr, and then have to consistently payout 1.3 to 2.5 times that rate for productivity based earnings, you are now paying that person $39/hr ($85K/yr)-$75/hr ($165K/yr). Multiply that scenario by hundreds of employees and then take a step back and see what that does to factory SVA. Non-UAW labor starts to look pretty lucrative at that point.

Contract changes are an agreement between Ford & the UAW. The UAW members vote whether to approve, deny, or strike the contract offering just like Ford is able to accept/reject amendments brought fourth by UAW leadership. Your wording and targeted paraphrasing through shade at Ford for "crushing the American dream" when in fact it's a collective bargaining agreement between both Ford & the UAW that provides a good life for more than half a million people.

I have worked in a UAW factory the better part of my career. Let me know what other questions you may need answered so I can get you up to speed on how most UAW jobs really work. After all, we don't those ignorant folk passing our misinformation, now do we?

Post a reply to: Where are tires made?

The Latest