Where are tires made?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/13/2018 9:22 AM

I read something on here the other day that said Maxxis tires are made in China.

Does anyone happen to know where the other brands are made?

|

5/13/2018 9:54 AM

Found THIS

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/13/2018 10:05 AM

It's usually molded right on the side of the tire.

|

Powerband in every gear !

5/13/2018 10:09 AM

FGR01 wrote:

It's usually molded right on the side of the tire.

This

Bridgestones are made in Japan. Michelin is Indonesia or Taiwan. Sedone, Shinko, Artrax I believe are all China.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

5/13/2018 10:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/13/2018 10:10 AM

Cheng Shin is a Taiwan company and Maxxis is a subsidiary of that company.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/13/2018 10:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/13/2018 10:29 AM

.kyle wrote:

I read something on here the other day that said Maxxis tires are made in China.

Does anyone happen to know where the other brands are made?

From what I remember when I worked at a shop, Maxxis was made by Cheng shin

Edit: Mav beat me too it. I was making breakfast for the wife and hadn’t refreshed the page when I posted haha

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

5/13/2018 10:37 AM

Thanks for the info, folks!

I may have to buy new tires if I decide to ride again and was hoping to get some tires that were NOT made in China.

|

5/13/2018 10:37 AM

They're all made in Hawaii, the only place that has access to the bowels of the earth where all the molten rubber exists. It's been brewing lately. Everyone knows Hawaii is like a giant Dunlap tire anchored in the pacific.

|

5/13/2018 10:49 AM

I don’t have one in front of me, but I want to say the Dunlop MX3S is made in Indonesia or Malaysia.

|

5/13/2018 10:55 AM

JBecker 72 wrote:

I don’t have one in front of me, but I want to say the Dunlop MX3S is made in Indonesia or Malaysia.

That tire wasn't on my list and certainly isn't now! lol

My ideal choice is between Bridgestone X20 or the Michelin Starcross 5 soft.

|

5/13/2018 12:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/13/2018 12:19 PM

My Pirelli’s are made in Brazil.
The most recent Dunlop I tried was made in Indonesia.
The Bridgestones I’ve run this year we’re made in Japan.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

5/13/2018 12:33 PM

JBecker 72 wrote:

I don’t have one in front of me, but I want to say the Dunlop MX3S is made in Indonesia or Malaysia.

.kyle wrote:

That tire wasn't on my list and certainly isn't now! lol

My ideal choice is between Bridgestone X20 or the Michelin Starcross 5 soft.

michelin= Thailand

|

5/13/2018 12:38 PM

JBecker 72 wrote:

I don’t have one in front of me, but I want to say the Dunlop MX3S is made in Indonesia or Malaysia.

.kyle wrote:

That tire wasn't on my list and certainly isn't now! lol

My ideal choice is between Bridgestone X20 or the Michelin Starcross 5 soft.

doosan wrote:

michelin= Thailand

Ah crap. Don't say that! haha.

|

5/13/2018 12:47 PM

JBecker 72 wrote:

I don’t have one in front of me, but I want to say the Dunlop MX3S is made in Indonesia or Malaysia.

.kyle wrote:

That tire wasn't on my list and certainly isn't now! lol

My ideal choice is between Bridgestone X20 or the Michelin Starcross 5 soft.

You’re missing out. The MX3S is an amazing tire all around. I will be getting the new MX33 soon as well. Supposed to be same performance but better durability.

The Pirelli MX32 is also very good.

If you’re looking for a US made tire, I want to say the new Hoosier is. But not 100% on that.

|

5/13/2018 12:54 PM

JBecker 72 wrote:

I don’t have one in front of me, but I want to say the Dunlop MX3S is made in Indonesia or Malaysia.

.kyle wrote:

That tire wasn't on my list and certainly isn't now! lol

My ideal choice is between Bridgestone X20 or the Michelin Starcross 5 soft.

JBecker 72 wrote:

You’re missing out. The MX3S is an amazing tire all around. I will be getting the new MX33 soon as well. Supposed to be same performance but better durability.

The Pirelli MX32 is also very good.

If you’re looking for a US made tire, I want to say the new Hoosier is. But not 100% on that.

Rear tire only still, should be a front later in the year.

|

5/13/2018 12:55 PM

.kyle wrote:

That tire wasn't on my list and certainly isn't now! lol

My ideal choice is between Bridgestone X20 or the Michelin Starcross 5 soft.

doosan wrote:

michelin= Thailand

.kyle wrote:

Ah crap. Don't say that! haha.

Dude, you’re hosed. What gear are you wearing, helmet, boots? You’re quickly gonna be in...well, not much.

|

5/13/2018 12:57 PM

Well, yes, stuff will be made in one of those rubbish countries. But the less I can buy from them the better. If I can support a better/decent country then I will.

|

5/13/2018 1:09 PM

Better buy an ATK while you're at it!

|

5/13/2018 2:14 PM

Good Dunlops are Japan. Roadracing it was Uk, France and US??

|

5/13/2018 3:11 PM

Jrewing wrote:

Good Dunlops are Japan. Roadracing it was Uk, France and US??

Their MX tires are definitely not made in Japan. Only Bridgestones are from what I see. A lot of Dunlop street tires are made in the US.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

5/13/2018 3:24 PM

Squirrelings wrote:

Better buy an ATK while you're at it!

Alta is made in California...

|

5/13/2018 3:32 PM

Squirrelings wrote:

Better buy an ATK while you're at it!

Zoom wrote:

Alta is made in California...

"Assembled"

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

5/13/2018 3:43 PM

do you use a cell phone? Watch a tv? Buy toys at Christmas, or anything for that matter? Not sure why the anti China Thailand or Indonesia sentiment... seems very closed minded if you!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

5/13/2018 8:41 PM

Jrewing wrote:

Good Dunlops are Japan. Roadracing it was Uk, France and US??

BobPA wrote:

Their MX tires are definitely not made in Japan. Only Bridgestones are from what I see. A lot of Dunlop street tires are made in the US.

Their race spec are

|

5/13/2018 8:45 PM

bvm111 wrote:

do you use a cell phone? Watch a tv? Buy toys at Christmas, or anything for that matter? Not sure why the anti China Thailand or Indonesia sentiment... seems very closed minded if you!

Patent theft, human rights violations, trying to topple the US as a world superpower. The US ain't exactly perfect but there's plenty of reason to not buy Chinese.

|

5/13/2018 9:26 PM

.kyle wrote:

Well, yes, stuff will be made in one of those rubbish countries. But the less I can buy from them the better. If I can support a better/decent country then I will.

Have you ever visited any of those "rubbish countries" or know much of anything about them?

|

5/13/2018 10:05 PM

Dunlop mx3s for those of you with ethical dilemmas grin

Photo

|

5/13/2018 10:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/13/2018 10:15 PM

I've got a set of superb tires getting mounted up tomorrow: I'll take pics of the labeling. Pretty sure there's not an Authoritarian or Terrorist connection with my tires!
grin

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

5/13/2018 10:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/13/2018 10:41 PM

bvm111 wrote:

do you use a cell phone? Watch a tv? Buy toys at Christmas, or anything for that matter? Not sure why the anti China Thailand or Indonesia sentiment... seems very closed minded if you!

colintrax wrote:

Patent theft, human rights violations, trying to topple the US as a world superpower. The US ain't exactly perfect but there's plenty of reason to not buy Chinese.

This guy gets it! Not to mention non existent quality, animal cruelty and a blatant disregard for the environment.

For the others - call me crazy for trying have have a least some sort of ethical standard.

|

5/13/2018 10:42 PM

bvm111 wrote:

do you use a cell phone? Watch a tv? Buy toys at Christmas, or anything for that matter? Not sure why the anti China Thailand or Indonesia sentiment... seems very closed minded if you!

For the reasons posted above.

|