Where are they now!???

Sacko
7/19/2018 8:06am
Miss seeing this segment done regularly on racer x. It's fun to see what these guys are up to after retiring from the sport. Not talking about the superstars but i'm interested in seeing the privateers that didn't quite make it, had to enter the real world, construction jobs, "one of us". It's a huge change in someones life, interesting to see how these guys handled it.
|
Zeke27G
7/19/2018 9:50am

One guy I always wondered about was Jason "Wiz-Kid" Shirey (sp?), used to watch him battle with Jeff Willoh on 80's at Ascot.

Never heard/saw anything from Jason much after that.
dirtnapper
7/21/2018 6:36pm
There are a few guys I'd be intrested to know what they are up to after their pro days.
Ernie Fonseca
Nate Ramsey
Travis Preston
Ivan Tedesco

ATKpilot99
7/21/2018 6:47pm
dirtnapper wrote:
There are a few guys I'd be intrested to know what they are up to after their pro days. Ernie Fonseca Nate Ramsey Travis Preston Ivan...
There are a few guys I'd be intrested to know what they are up to after their pro days.
Ernie Fonseca
Nate Ramsey
Travis Preston
Ivan Tedesco

All good ones . I think Tedesco did one of those 125 races a year or two ago.
cmotodad
7/21/2018 8:36pm
Have seen Tedesco testing for PC. TP was doing MX schools and is in the high desert still

The Shop

stillwelding
7/21/2018 8:38pm
cmotodad wrote:
Have seen Tedesco testing for PC. TP was doing MX schools and is in the high desert still
mxjon454
7/21/2018 11:18pm
dirtnapper wrote:
There are a few guys I'd be intrested to know what they are up to after their pro days. Ernie Fonseca Nate Ramsey Travis Preston Ivan...
Ernie Fonseca
Nate Ramsey
Travis Preston
Ivan Tedesco

Fonseca parapalegic marathons and stuff i think, Ramsey works for KTM with their amateur program, Preston works for Yamaha and test rides for them, and Tedesco does somw testing for PC.
mxnick
7/22/2018 3:15am
Sacko wrote:
Miss seeing this segment done regularly on racer x. It's fun to see what these guys are up to after retiring from the sport. Not talking...
Miss seeing this segment done regularly on racer x. It's fun to see what these guys are up to after retiring from the sport. Not talking about the superstars but i'm interested in seeing the privateers that didn't quite make it, had to enter the real world, construction jobs, "one of us". It's a huge change in someones life, interesting to see how these guys handled it.
Still doing them 2x a month...
KirkChandler
Fantasy
357th
7/22/2018 11:00am
Zeke27G wrote:
One guy I always wondered about was Jason "Wiz-Kid" Shirey (sp?), used to watch him battle with Jeff Willoh on 80's at Ascot. Never heard/saw anything...

One guy I always wondered about was Jason "Wiz-Kid" Shirey (sp?), used to watch him battle with Jeff Willoh on 80's at Ascot.

I was just a kid, but I think I remember Jason winning the KX 60 intermission at Anaheim stadium. He was doubling the triple, which was huge in 1990.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/22/2018 11:07am
Zeke27G wrote:
One guy I always wondered about was Jason "Wiz-Kid" Shirey (sp?), used to watch him battle with Jeff Willoh on 80's at Ascot. Never heard/saw anything...

I was just a kid, but I think I remember Jason winning the KX 60 intermission at Anaheim stadium. He was doubling the triple, which was...
I was just a kid, but I think I remember Jason winning the KX 60 intermission at Anaheim stadium. He was doubling the triple, which was huge in 1990.
I believe Mike Alessi doubled the triple on a 50. To this day I think he's the only KTM Junior SX kid to have done it. They might have put a stop to it after that but I have no idea.

Anyone have footage of that?
KirkChandler
Fantasy
357th
7/22/2018 11:18am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I believe Mike Alessi doubled the triple on a 50. To this day I think he's the only KTM Junior SX kid to have done it...
I believe Mike Alessi doubled the triple on a 50. To this day I think he's the only KTM Junior SX kid to have done it. They might have put a stop to it after that but I have no idea.

Mike did. I think in 97 at the Coliseum.

A couple other kids have as well, they are now told not to double the triple or finish line jumps. There was a group of kids at Anaheim 2 this year doubling into a rhythm section.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
7/22/2018 11:26am
Zeke27G wrote:

I was just a kid, but I think I remember Jason winning the KX 60 intermission at Anaheim stadium. He was doubling the triple, which was...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I believe Mike Alessi doubled the triple on a 50. To this day I think he's the only KTM Junior SX kid to have done it...

Caden Hadley did in the early 2000s as well, I think Baggett might of in ‘01 at A1, which I was in. I know a few of us hit two tables in rhythm lanes, we got told not to try any doubles. Laughing I’ve seen a couple kids over the years double stuff.
plowboy
7/22/2018 11:35am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

ML512 wrote:
Caden Hadley did in the early 2000s as well, I think Baggett might of in ‘01 at A1, which I was in. I know a few...
Caden Hadley did in the early 2000s as well, I think Baggett might of in ‘01 at A1, which I was in. I know a few of us hit two tables in rhythm lanes, we got told not to try any doubles. Laughing I’ve seen a couple kids over the years double stuff.
I know those kids can go big but honestly I'm glad they tell them not to do it. Nobody needs to see an itty bitty maimed on such a big stage. (It's not a good thing at anytime though).
7/22/2018 6:49pm
I was thinking a good one would be with Greg Albertyn. Haven’t heard from him at all in years.
cable
7/22/2018 8:07pm
I was thinking a good one would be with Greg Albertyn. Haven’t heard from him at all in years.
oh yeah, seemed like everyone liked him, Until some bad timing in real estate investments and hes disappeared?
Bermworm
7/22/2018 8:30pm
Donnie Cantaloupi
Denny Bentley
Darrell Schultz
Davi Strjibos
Mike Guerra
Neil Hudson
Any info on what any of theses guys are doing or up to would be great thank you much appreciated
7/22/2018 10:34pm
dirtnapper wrote:
Ernie Fonseca
Nate Ramsey
Travis Preston
Ivan Tedesco

Preston is a test rider for Yamaha and Tedesco is a test rider for PC.
moscrop940
7/22/2018 10:39pm
Commercial and residential real estate out in So. Cal

He has done extremely well for himself post Moto career
Zeke27G
7/23/2018 8:28am
Zeke27G wrote:

That would have been cool to see!! I imagine I was at Anaheim that year, but I was probably busy flagging down the cotton candy guy!

Rooster
7/23/2018 10:26am
moscrop940 wrote:

He's got his hands in a few pies. A friend of mine is partners with him in one venture and I've done some work for him in another. He's a smart guy and doing well.
GregDVT
7/23/2018 10:31am
Bermworm wrote:
Donnie Cantaloupi Denny Bentley Darrell Schultz Davi Strjibos Mike Guerra Neil Hudson Any info on what any of theses guys are doing or up to would...
Donnie Cantaloupi
Denny Bentley
Darrell Schultz
Davi Strjibos
Mike Guerra
Neil Hudson
Any info on what any of theses guys are doing or up to would be great thank you much appreciated
They did one on Schultz in 2011.
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
7/23/2018 10:58am
cable
7/23/2018 7:55pm
moscrop940 wrote:

Rooster wrote:
He's got his hands in a few pies. A friend of mine is partners with him in one venture and I've done some work for him...
He's got his hands in a few pies. A friend of mine is partners with him in one venture and I've done some work for him in another. He's a smart guy and doing well.
I thought the story was that Decoster is still working, because of bad investments in Gregs company?
daemon616
7/23/2018 8:07pm
I'd like to know where TerryK is.
TG130
7/23/2018 9:29pm
Bermworm wrote:
Donnie Cantaloupi Denny Bentley Darrell Schultz Davi Strjibos Mike Guerra Neil Hudson Any info on what any of theses guys are doing or up to would...
Donnie Cantaloupi
Denny Bentley
Darrell Schultz
Davi Strjibos
Mike Guerra
Neil Hudson
I talked to Cantaloupi at the Oakland SX around 3 or 4 years ago. He was the Legends and Heroes honoree that night. I can't remember much of what we talked about other than he said he was living in Stockton, California.
roninho
7/24/2018 12:09am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2018 12:10am
Bermworm wrote:
Donnie Cantaloupi
Denny Bentley
Darrell Schultz
Davi Strjibos
Mike Guerra
Neil Hudson
Dave Strijbos was hired as a coach/trainer by the HSF MX2 GP team last year, which ended because the team folded at the end of last season when HSF decided to sponsor HRC in stead of running its own team.

I think Strijbos did this just because he likes to do it, the way i understood it he has invested his career earnings wisely in real estate and he lives off that. He was one of the premier 125 riders in an era were there was more OEM money and tobacco sponsorship so i think he did good in that time, and it helps that he still is with his gf from back then ( i think other dutch stars from that era gave 75% of their earnings to the IRS and their exes and spend the rest on big cars hahaha).

Anyway he still likes MX and visits a lot of GP's. His daughter is into MX as a fan and joins him on the trips, his son isnt into it.
Turbojez
7/24/2018 2:01am
Brandon.
I want to see his silky smooth style again.
Where the hell is he when he could top 10 a national by just lining up the gate and cruising to the checkers?*

*I read on Vital that anyone could do it. Grinning

Post a reply to: Where are they now!???

The Latest