Where are they now!???

Related:
Create New Tag

7/19/2018 8:06 AM

Miss seeing this segment done regularly on racer x. It's fun to see what these guys are up to after retiring from the sport. Not talking about the superstars but i'm interested in seeing the privateers that didn't quite make it, had to enter the real world, construction jobs, "one of us". It's a huge change in someones life, interesting to see how these guys handled it.

|

7/19/2018 9:50 AM


One guy I always wondered about was Jason "Wiz-Kid" Shirey (sp?), used to watch him battle with Jeff Willoh on 80's at Ascot.

Never heard/saw anything from Jason much after that.
|

Do It In The Dirt!

7/21/2018 6:36 PM

There are a few guys I'd be intrested to know what they are up to after their pro days.
Ernie Fonseca
Nate Ramsey
Travis Preston
Ivan Tedesco

|

7/21/2018 6:47 PM

dirtnapper wrote:

There are a few guys I'd be intrested to know what they are up to after their pro days.
Ernie Fonseca
Nate Ramsey
Travis Preston
Ivan Tedesco

All good ones . I think Tedesco did one of those 125 races a year or two ago.

|

7/21/2018 8:36 PM

Have seen Tedesco testing for PC. TP was doing MX schools and is in the high desert still

|

7/21/2018 8:38 PM

cmotodad wrote:

Have seen Tedesco testing for PC. TP was doing MX schools and is in the high desert still

|

7/21/2018 11:18 PM

dirtnapper wrote:

There are a few guys I'd be intrested to know what they are up to after their pro days.
Ernie Fonseca
Nate Ramsey
Travis Preston
Ivan Tedesco

Fonseca parapalegic marathons and stuff i think, Ramsey works for KTM with their amateur program, Preston works for Yamaha and test rides for them, and Tedesco does somw testing for PC.

|

7/22/2018 3:15 AM

Sacko wrote:

Miss seeing this segment done regularly on racer x. It's fun to see what these guys are up to after retiring from the sport. Not talking about the superstars but i'm interested in seeing the privateers that didn't quite make it, had to enter the real world, construction jobs, "one of us". It's a huge change in someones life, interesting to see how these guys handled it.

Still doing them 2x a month...

|

7/22/2018 4:18 AM

Jason lawrence... he was a legend haha.

|

7/22/2018 4:27 AM

Turbo Rief

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

7/22/2018 10:54 AM

Racer111 wrote:

Turbo Rief

Fireman....

|

shit'll buff out

7/22/2018 11:00 AM

Zeke27G wrote:
One guy I always wondered about was Jason "Wiz-Kid" Shirey (sp?), used to watch him battle with Jeff Willoh on 80's at Ascot.

Never heard/saw anything from Jason much after that.

I was just a kid, but I think I remember Jason winning the KX 60 intermission at Anaheim stadium. He was doubling the triple, which was huge in 1990.

|

7/22/2018 11:07 AM

Zeke27G wrote:
One guy I always wondered about was Jason "Wiz-Kid" Shirey (sp?), used to watch him battle with Jeff Willoh on 80's at Ascot.

Never heard/saw anything from Jason much after that.

KirkChandler wrote:

I was just a kid, but I think I remember Jason winning the KX 60 intermission at Anaheim stadium. He was doubling the triple, which was huge in 1990.

I believe Mike Alessi doubled the triple on a 50. To this day I think he's the only KTM Junior SX kid to have done it. They might have put a stop to it after that but I have no idea.

Anyone have footage of that?

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/22/2018 11:18 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I believe Mike Alessi doubled the triple on a 50. To this day I think he's the only KTM Junior SX kid to have done it. They might have put a stop to it after that but I have no idea.

Anyone have footage of that?

Mike did. I think in 97 at the Coliseum.

A couple other kids have as well, they are now told not to double the triple or finish line jumps. There was a group of kids at Anaheim 2 this year doubling into a rhythm section.

|

7/22/2018 11:26 AM

Zeke27G wrote:
One guy I always wondered about was Jason "Wiz-Kid" Shirey (sp?), used to watch him battle with Jeff Willoh on 80's at Ascot.

Never heard/saw anything from Jason much after that.

KirkChandler wrote:

I was just a kid, but I think I remember Jason winning the KX 60 intermission at Anaheim stadium. He was doubling the triple, which was huge in 1990.

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I believe Mike Alessi doubled the triple on a 50. To this day I think he's the only KTM Junior SX kid to have done it. They might have put a stop to it after that but I have no idea.

Anyone have footage of that?

Caden Hadley did in the early 2000s as well, I think Baggett might of in ‘01 at A1, which I was in. I know a few of us hit two tables in rhythm lanes, we got told not to try any doubles. laughing I’ve seen a couple kids over the years double stuff.

|

7/22/2018 11:35 AM

KirkChandler wrote:

I was just a kid, but I think I remember Jason winning the KX 60 intermission at Anaheim stadium. He was doubling the triple, which was huge in 1990.

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I believe Mike Alessi doubled the triple on a 50. To this day I think he's the only KTM Junior SX kid to have done it. They might have put a stop to it after that but I have no idea.

Anyone have footage of that?

ML512 wrote:

Caden Hadley did in the early 2000s as well, I think Baggett might of in ‘01 at A1, which I was in. I know a few of us hit two tables in rhythm lanes, we got told not to try any doubles. laughing I’ve seen a couple kids over the years double stuff.

I know those kids can go big but honestly I'm glad they tell them not to do it. Nobody needs to see an itty bitty maimed on such a big stage. (It's not a good thing at anytime though).

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

7/22/2018 5:49 PM

Rife hit Indy's finish line on one back in the day

|

7/22/2018 5:51 PM

jordz wrote:

Jason lawrence... he was a legend haha.

Please some one get a podcast with him vital racerx or pulp come on. Controversy

|

7/22/2018 6:49 PM

I was thinking a good one would be with Greg Albertyn. Haven’t heard from him at all in years.

|

7/22/2018 8:00 PM

Izzi whistling

|

7/22/2018 8:07 PM

Chris O'Neal wrote:

I was thinking a good one would be with Greg Albertyn. Haven’t heard from him at all in years.

oh yeah, seemed like everyone liked him, Until some bad timing in real estate investments and hes disappeared?

|

7/22/2018 8:30 PM

Donnie Cantaloupi
Denny Bentley
Darrell Schultz
Davi Strjibos
Mike Guerra
Neil Hudson
Any info on what any of theses guys are doing or up to would be great thank you much appreciated

|

7/22/2018 10:34 PM

dirtnapper wrote:

There are a few guys I'd be intrested to know what they are up to after their pro days.
Ernie Fonseca
Nate Ramsey
Travis Preston
Ivan Tedesco

Preston is a test rider for Yamaha and Tedesco is a test rider for PC.

|

7/22/2018 10:39 PM

Chris O'Neal wrote:

I was thinking a good one would be with Greg Albertyn. Haven’t heard from him at all in years.

Commercial and residential real estate out in So. Cal

He has done extremely well for himself post Moto career

|

shit'll buff out

7/23/2018 8:28 AM

Zeke27G wrote:
One guy I always wondered about was Jason "Wiz-Kid" Shirey (sp?), used to watch him battle with Jeff Willoh on 80's at Ascot.

Never heard/saw anything from Jason much after that.

KirkChandler wrote:

I was just a kid, but I think I remember Jason winning the KX 60 intermission at Anaheim stadium. He was doubling the triple, which was huge in 1990.


That would have been cool to see!! I imagine I was at Anaheim that year, but I was probably busy flagging down the cotton candy guy!

|

Do It In The Dirt!

7/23/2018 10:26 AM

Chris O'Neal wrote:

I was thinking a good one would be with Greg Albertyn. Haven’t heard from him at all in years.

moscrop940 wrote:

Commercial and residential real estate out in So. Cal

He has done extremely well for himself post Moto career

He's got his hands in a few pies. A friend of mine is partners with him in one venture and I've done some work for him in another. He's a smart guy and doing well.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Empty a bag of skittles into the toilet and then flush. It's like watching a five second long nascar race.

7/23/2018 10:31 AM

Bermworm wrote:

Donnie Cantaloupi
Denny Bentley
Darrell Schultz
Davi Strjibos
Mike Guerra
Neil Hudson
Any info on what any of theses guys are doing or up to would be great thank you much appreciated

They did one on Schultz in 2011.

|

Greg D.
2018 yz250f

7/23/2018 10:58 AM

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

7/23/2018 7:55 PM

Chris O'Neal wrote:

I was thinking a good one would be with Greg Albertyn. Haven’t heard from him at all in years.

moscrop940 wrote:

Commercial and residential real estate out in So. Cal

He has done extremely well for himself post Moto career

Rooster wrote:

He's got his hands in a few pies. A friend of mine is partners with him in one venture and I've done some work for him in another. He's a smart guy and doing well.

I thought the story was that Decoster is still working, because of bad investments in Gregs company?

|

7/23/2018 8:07 PM

I'd like to know where TerryK is.

|