Where are they now???

okiemx925
Edited Date/Time 6/15/2013 8:53pm
I'm from the Texoma part of the country. I remember back in the mid 2000's the night racing circuit around here used to be completely stacked. Canard, Hackley, Hahn, the Wharton bros, Lemoine, Cunningham, Hewitt, Bogle all these guys ended up making it in some way shape or form, but what about the local guys like Teddy Parks, Chaz Holliday, Justin Dickey, Josh Canfield, and especially Beau Barton and Bud Moore? Barton and Moore used to completely dominate the local scene down here. They used to give Canard and the Whartons all they could handle and even beat em on good nights??? Did they just up and quit? Lack of support? Drugs? College? I miss watching the local guys completely rip it down here. I know Barton went to Lorettas and even won a couple of moto's at Ponca, he went pro and dissappeared. I last saw Moore at the Swan Pro challenge. Was talking racing days with some buddies and their names came up and was trying to figure out what went down with all these badass local guys!
|
Shawn142
6/15/2013 9:50am
Being in Ft. Worth you should be able to answer most of those yourself, but I'll divulge what little I know.

Teddy Parks rides for his Dad's outfit Privateer Journey during SX and has for several years now in the 450 class. He made some 250 mains a few years ago but to my knowledge he hasn't made a 450 main.

Chaz Holliday quit and went to college.

Justin Dickey still rides locally on occasion, don't know what else he has going on.

Bud Moore is still a local DFW hot-shoe who shows up to any race paying money. He will be stealing money from guys in the upcoming Berm Shootout series at Village Creek. He nearly made a main event a couple years ago on the east coast.

Barton and Canfield I don't have a clue.
okiemx925
6/15/2013 10:26am
Well I'm happy to know at least a couple of those guys are still at it. I'll definitly have to try and make it out to to Village to watch Moore. It was a real shame Barton didn't make it, that kid was stupid fast, but from what I was told he couldnt make the transition to indoor, and I'm guessing somewhere along the lines he decided to go the college route. Parks was always a front runner as well and that really awsome that he's still doing it. Those names just popped up in conversation and I got curious.
JG463
6/15/2013 7:10pm
okiemx925 wrote:
I'm from the Texoma part of the country. I remember back in the mid 2000's the night racing circuit around here used to be completely stacked...
I'm from the Texoma part of the country. I remember back in the mid 2000's the night racing circuit around here used to be completely stacked. Canard, Hackley, Hahn, the Wharton bros, Lemoine, Cunningham, Hewitt, Bogle all these guys ended up making it in some way shape or form, but what about the local guys like Teddy Parks, Chaz Holliday, Justin Dickey, Josh Canfield, and especially Beau Barton and Bud Moore? Barton and Moore used to completely dominate the local scene down here. They used to give Canard and the Whartons all they could handle and even beat em on good nights??? Did they just up and quit? Lack of support? Drugs? College? I miss watching the local guys completely rip it down here. I know Barton went to Lorettas and even won a couple of moto's at Ponca, he went pro and dissappeared. I last saw Moore at the Swan Pro challenge. Was talking racing days with some buddies and their names came up and was trying to figure out what went down with all these badass local guys!
Being that you and I were both racing that area then, what class were you in?

Post a reply to: Where are they now???

The Latest