Where To Donate Gear/Helmets

Vet57
5/12/2020 4:08am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2020 1:43pm
So the previous gear thread had me wondering...I have lots of gear combos/helmets that are either new or used once and I was wondering if anybody could suggest a place to donate the stuff I do not choose to sell?
|
5/12/2020 4:30am
Post it for free/shipping. Many people have Moto man caves or use it as decoration. Nows the time to get the 05-15 gear that is out of style now but is inexpensive.

One of our local tracks has a stash of gear incase someone forgets something. Mostly kids stuff and young kids (aka thin people) but still cool none the less.
Mr. Info
5/12/2020 7:03am
Any gear donated could help new riders to be properly dressed but helmets could be a liability issue if used and older. But great thought to help people out.
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
5/12/2020 7:29am
I need some size 36. thanks Smile
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
5/12/2020 7:36am
In my opinion the way he did it here with that fly set seems like a good way to do it in my opinion. most people on here are pretty into the sport.

The Shop

Falcon
Fantasy
765th
5/12/2020 7:36am
Use your helmets as trophies. Too much liability if you even give them away.
sumdood
Fantasy
1333rd
5/12/2020 7:46am
Mr. Info wrote:
Any gear donated could help new riders to be properly dressed but helmets could be a liability issue if used and older. But great thought to...
Any gear donated could help new riders to be properly dressed but helmets could be a liability issue if used and older. But great thought to help people out.
Used helmets are a touchy subject. I've asked about where to donate them before, everyone said the same thing, "Don't do it, cut the strap off, use them for art" etc. My son took 4 old (in decent shape) ones to Rosarito and handed them out to some kids on bmx bikes. They we're stoked and had them on before he left. Old helmets are better than no helmets, just not here in this lawsuit happy country
9bro9
5/12/2020 8:11am
Mr. Info wrote:
Any gear donated could help new riders to be properly dressed but helmets could be a liability issue if used and older. But great thought to...
sumdood wrote:
Used helmets are a touchy subject. I've asked about where to donate them before, everyone said the same thing, "Don't do it, cut the strap off...
Used helmets are a touchy subject. I've asked about where to donate them before, everyone said the same thing, "Don't do it, cut the strap off, use them for art" etc. My son took 4 old (in decent shape) ones to Rosarito and handed them out to some kids on bmx bikes. They we're stoked and had them on before he left. Old helmets are better than no helmets, just not here in this lawsuit happy country
Spot on, unless it's a rebuild-able 6D Wink
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
5/12/2020 8:15am
I have found guys at work with growing kids who need gear and pass it on to them. I couldn't believe how pumped the kids were to get new(used) gear and goggles but then I remember to when I was little and I would have been pumped as well.
Tricky1
5/12/2020 1:43pm
Vet57 wrote:
So the previous gear thread had me wondering...I have lots of gear combos/helmets that are either new or used once and I was wondering if anybody...
So the previous gear thread had me wondering...I have lots of gear combos/helmets that are either new or used once and I was wondering if anybody could suggest a place to donate the stuff I do not choose to sell?
I've been collecting gear and shipping it to my friends in the Philippines. They have a really cool mx scene over there and some pretty fast riders as well, lot's of guys there that can really use it. Please PM me if you have any gear left to donate.

Post a reply to: Where To Donate Gear/Helmets

The Latest