Where Does Kenny Go From Here?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/7/2020 6:45 PM

It's a shame to see his race results tank like this. We know it's do to his health. Is this a Covid19 aftermath? The lingering lung issues are definitely a side effect of Covid. Would you want to know if you have had it? Will he sit out the Nationals? They physical demands on his body will be a lot higher outdoors. This sport needs personalities with talent like his. I hope whatever he has gets cleared up.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

6/7/2020 6:52 PM

I would suggest viceversa. Forget SX, that has only caused injuries. Focus on MX, and win one last title before ridding into the sunset. He is more natural at it and doesn't have the mental load of almost losing his arm while riding it.

|

6/7/2020 6:55 PM

I feel like Kenny is the type of guy that if he isn’t contending for titles, he’s not going to waste his time. If he struggles with his cardio in the outdoors again, does he step back for a year try to regain his health or even call it a career?

|

6/7/2020 6:58 PM

Where does he go?

To the starting line Wednesday and try to win a race. That is where he goes.

|

6/7/2020 6:58 PM

FerCzD wrote:

I would suggest viceversa. Forget SX, that has only caused injuries. Focus on MX, and win one last title before ridding into the sunset. He is more natural at it and doesn't have the mental load of almost losing his arm while riding it.

how is he supposed to go out and win motos on the toughest roughest tracks around and in sweltering heat when he can't even make it through a sx main event? clearly fatigue and Epstein barr and now asthma isn't going to play in his favour very well.

|

6/7/2020 7:01 PM

New Pulmonologist

|

6/7/2020 7:04 PM

diz330 wrote:

how is he supposed to go out and win motos on the toughest roughest tracks around and in sweltering heat when he can't even make it through a sx main event? clearly fatigue and Epstein barr and now asthma isn't going to play in his favour very well.

By skipping the SX championship and having a full off-season to recover and then train for 19 weeks before Hangtown.

Anyway is not going to happen.

|

6/7/2020 7:06 PM

People made fun of Gary Semics last year when he said Ken needed to forego the outdoors and rest his body. At this point, I cant help but think that there's some truth to that. Kenny has left at least 3 wins on the table this year, IMO.

I just think this year was Kenny's best shot at the title and it sucks he cant stay in it because of issues outside of his control.

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

6/7/2020 7:07 PM

probably back to the hotel or airbnb

|

If it can't be fixed with a hammer, it's an electrical problem.

6/7/2020 7:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/7/2020 7:15 PM

I would recommend he meets a few guys at the hotel bar and at least 3 rum punches!

|

6/7/2020 7:12 PM

For what it's worth, Ralph said during the race that K-Roc had posted some place that he was having trouble breathing and it was not from the altitude. That is worrisome for a K-Roc fan.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

6/7/2020 7:16 PM

Reese95w wrote:

For what it's worth, Ralph said during the race that K-Roc had posted some place that he was having trouble breathing and it was not from the altitude. That is worrisome for a K-Roc fan.

It’s from the altitude!

|

6/7/2020 7:21 PM

Yeah it sucks for Ken man. I feel for him. Championship was so close. Nothing you can do about it when your body won’t let you. He’s still the man in my eyes.

|

6/7/2020 7:22 PM

USA wrote:

People made fun of Gary Semics last year when he said Ken needed to forego the outdoors and rest his body. At this point, I cant help but think that there's some truth to that. Kenny has left at least 3 wins on the table this year, IMO.

I just think this year was Kenny's best shot at the title and it sucks he cant stay in it because of issues outside of his control.

I was skeptical of his take at the time and I still am. Roczen has faced massive hurdles throughout his career. But every season he’s raced, he’s been at the front of the pack and challenged for wins, this year even the title. If you don’t race, you lose that valuable seat time and all the paychecks that come with it. If Kenny was rolling around in 15th every race, I could see his point but we’re talking about the rider that has won races and was the guy for the SX title this year.

If the argument is, “if you don’t win the championship; quit.” I will never never be on board with that. Only one person can win, it will always be that way. Ken has put his best foot forward every race and being at elevation for a sustained period of time for these final races has hindered him. It is what it is.

These riders careers are short lived. Rarely do we see someone come back from a year break off racing this come back and do big things. I think to say Roczen is dealing with issues that stem from not resting long enough after his arm surgery at this point is just foolish. Kenny has his disadvantages at this point and that’s just how it is at this point moving forward. He should still race, he will still be competitive and he will still stand on the podium. To say anyone that can contest for wins should sit out is just foolish. Ken’s body is what it is at this point. I don’t think he’s going to benefit from taking an entire year off of racing.

|

6/7/2020 7:23 PM

I hate to say it but it's not a good sign when a rider or any pro athlete starts putting out information like this over social media. That's the cardinal rule of pro sports. Show no weakness. It's a strange move IMO.

|

6/7/2020 7:25 PM

Fading aside his best lap time was 2 seconds slower than tomacs

|

6/7/2020 7:25 PM

The bigger question should be how much will Honda pay to get Ferrandis alongside Sexton next year?

|

6/7/2020 7:42 PM

captmoto wrote:

It's a shame to see his race results tank like this. We know it's do to his health. Is this a Covid19 aftermath? The lingering lung issues are definitely a side effect of Covid. Would you want to know if you have had it? Will he sit out the Nationals? They physical demands on his body will be a lot higher outdoors. This sport needs personalities with talent like his. I hope whatever he has gets cleared up.

Roczen had Covid-19?

|

6/7/2020 7:47 PM

level wrote:

Yeah it sucks for Ken man. I feel for him. Championship was so close. Nothing you can do about it when your body won’t let you. He’s still the man in my eyes.

Which championship was so close?

|

6/7/2020 7:48 PM

captmoto wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:

Roczen had Covid-19?

I think he’s speculating that his lung issues might’ve been Covid, with the lingering effects being related.

|

6/7/2020 7:50 PM

captmoto wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:

Roczen had Covid-19?

omalley wrote:

I think he’s speculating that his lung issues might’ve been Covid, with the lingering effects being related.

So basically just making shit up.......

|

6/7/2020 7:54 PM

APLMAN99 wrote:

Roczen had Covid-19?

omalley wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:

So basically just making shit up.......

As a covid survivor (I felt sick once) I can co-sign this.

|

6/7/2020 7:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/7/2020 8:02 PM

Bummer to see him fall out or contention this year and who knows, w/o the covid shut down he may have very well been the champ. BUT Hell!, this dude is a L.E.G.E.N.D.

|

6/7/2020 7:59 PM

I think it’s the lime from San Diego Supercross that fried his lungs

|

6/7/2020 8:13 PM

Goes home, watches the race, studies, and comes back stronger.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

6/7/2020 8:37 PM

scootch wrote:

Bummer to see him fall out or contention this year and who knows, w/o the covid shut down he may have very well been the champ. BUT Hell!, this dude is a L.E.G.E.N.D.

According to some on vital, if you dont win a sx title, you arent a legend

|

6/7/2020 8:44 PM

He should go back in the hyperbaric chamber and rest for Wednesday !

|

6/7/2020 8:45 PM

scootch wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

According to some on vital, if you dont win a sx title, you arent a legend

Windham. Mic drop

|

6/7/2020 8:48 PM

Track went to shit in a hurry after the 250 restart. It's possible they thought it was going to stay dry and went to dry bike settings then paid the price. From the looks of the field that may have happened under more than one tent. Wish we could see 20 more mins of Coop and Eli with no lappers, that was awesome.

|

2019 TX300
'10 200 XC-w

6/7/2020 8:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/7/2020 9:15 PM

Remember, Ken pretty much did this last year too.

Now, I realize all the big Kenny fans won't like this comment but this forum is bench racing right...

I think the problem may very well be his near huge crash at the end of the first Utah race.

|