When will we see the next electric bike?

Edited Date/Time 12/14/2019 2:23pm
With Harley getting Ebikes and other companies making E street Bikes. Who with bring an E Moto bike to market?
|
Dropbear
12/12/2019 4:06pm
I’m waiting in the wings for that Honda
Johnny Depp
12/12/2019 4:26pm
Sur Ron Bee likely the next full size, within the year?. Pre-production proto's shown at shows already. And it's China, and they already have a good pipeline going with their "mountain bike like" model. This is most likely not Alta like in capability, more like 125 level power.

Markee
Fantasy
1941st
12/12/2019 4:41pm
Damn, sag set to zero on that sum bitch.

The Shop

Johnny Depp
12/13/2019 7:53am Edited Date/Time 12/13/2019 8:39am
Luna Cycles is the distributor, selling direct to consumers. You can even bypass them and buy straight from China if you want. I imagine the price will be appealing and likely about half what the Honda will be., The look is much improved from the first prototypes, not bad looking plastics. Interesting that the motor and battery seem to have a gap between them, and the motor looks like you can remove the side cases, I haven't heard what they are using for a transmission if any .I don't see a shifter or a foot brake pedal? Even though the HP is not going to impress anyone, it seems with electric the torque is so strong they accelerate well beyond what they should for a comparable gas engine's HP. The video of their smaller one juiced up and outrunning a Husky 450 Supermoto up an incline in front of their office is impressive, it this one is faster it won't matter what the HP rating is, it may be a rocket.
HenryA
12/13/2019 8:11am Edited Date/Time 12/13/2019 8:14am
Cake raced their first race this last summer with the Kalk OR bike. They are however very clear that the bike should not be compared with a "traditional" combustion powered bike. But they did really good in that race so I hope that they are well recieved by the market so that they have the funds to develop a new bike. I would really like to see what they would come up with if they decide to design a bike for the 250-class.

Visa det här inlägget på Instagram

#tb from the first CAKE race, a day to remember! We’re stoked that the CAKE acknowledgement is growing every day since the launch of the first bike, January 2017. Here is a great story to share what, why and how CAKE does what it does. @robertkvarnstrom and his CAKE (Kalk OR), attended CAKEs first official enduro race - The Gotland Enduro Championship. CAKE friend and Yamaha team rider (when on gasoline) what @robertkvarnstrom did amazing results during the race and was a massive boost for everyone supporting the electric revolution. Results: - Heat Winner - Winner of the electric class - 5th fastest lap time out of 118 gasoline participants. The 118 participants includes all riders in all classes, from pro to amateur. Race summary: The only option for electric bikes is to compete in the electric discipline, the electric discipline completes in the same heats as all the smaller classes, meaning tons of riders on the track and continuous overtakes from Robert, having to shout out loud at slower riders who didn’t hear him coming. The track became faster later during the day. Robert and his CAKE was exceptionally fast during the technical parts and went well on the big open meadows. *First of all, despite the result, winning against traditional dirt bikes, the Kalk is not engineered to imitate or to compete against combustion engine dirt bikes. The Kalk is a first step establishing a new category of motorbikes, designed for a new user matrix. It’s about building light, quiet and clean, easy to ride, low maintenance, performance machines, exploring the outback with respect. Design and engineering: The properties of an electric drivetrain are completely different from a combustion engine. To optimize the ultimate electric off- road experience, all components are engineered and designed from scratch. It’s all about the power/weight ratio. ⬇️Continue reading in the comments.⬇️ ⚡️#explorewithrespect ⚡️

Ett inlägg delat av CAKE • Electric Motorbikes (@ridecake) 12 Dec 2019 kl. 9:22 PST

12/13/2019 8:17am
You may see a few come out, but honestly i think it'll be a few years before anyone releases an electric motocross bike as good as the Alta MXR.
bayodome
Fantasy
4305th
12/13/2019 8:20am
Here's a nice long thread about the Sur-Ron Storm Bee with some vids of it in action.

https://altaownersforum.com/threads/storm-bee.1464/

I think Johnny is spot on. It will be closer to 125cc power but with all the torque expected of e-motos. Sounds like an early 2020 release and the general consensus on MSRP is in the $7000-$8000 range... fingers crossed on that!

Johnny Depp
12/13/2019 8:42am
HenryA wrote:
Cake raced their first race this last summer with the Kalk OR bike. They are however very clear that the bike should not be compared with...
Cake raced their first race this last summer with the Kalk OR bike. They are however very clear that the bike should not be compared with a "traditional" combustion powered bike. But they did really good in that race so I hope that they are well recieved by the market so that they have the funds to develop a new bike. I would really like to see what they would come up with if they decide to design a bike for the 250-class.

#tb from the first CAKE race, a day to remember! We’re stoked that the CAKE acknowledgement is growing every day since the launch of the first bike, January 2017. Here is a great story to share what, why and how CAKE does what it does. @robertkvarnstrom and his CAKE (Kalk OR), attended CAKEs first official enduro race - The Gotland Enduro Championship. CAKE friend and Yamaha team rider (when on gasoline) what @robertkvarnstrom did amazing results during the race and was a massive boost for everyone supporting the electric revolution. Results: - Heat Winner - Winner of the electric class - 5th fastest lap time out of 118 gasoline participants. The 118 participants includes all riders in all classes, from pro to amateur. Race summary: The only option for electric bikes is to compete in the electric discipline, the electric discipline completes in the same heats as all the smaller classes, meaning tons of riders on the track and continuous overtakes from Robert, having to shout out loud at slower riders who didn’t hear him coming. The track became faster later during the day. Robert and his CAKE was exceptionally fast during the technical parts and went well on the big open meadows. *First of all, despite the result, winning against traditional dirt bikes, the Kalk is not engineered to imitate or to compete against combustion engine dirt bikes. The Kalk is a first step establishing a new category of motorbikes, designed for a new user matrix. It’s about building light, quiet and clean, easy to ride, low maintenance, performance machines, exploring the outback with respect. Design and engineering: The properties of an electric drivetrain are completely different from a combustion engine. To optimize the ultimate electric off- road experience, all components are engineered and designed from scratch. It’s all about the power/weight ratio. ⬇️Continue reading in the comments.⬇️ ⚡️#explorewithrespect ⚡️

Ett inlägg delat av CAKE • Electric Motorbikes (@ridecake) 12 Dec 2019 kl. 9:22 PST

Very impressive 1st race. To be honest I have dismissed the Cake due to price and styling for my personal interests. It seems that race may have been a decent length? I wonder if anyone has entered the Sur Ron's in scrambles?
Johnny Depp
12/13/2019 9:33am
bayodome wrote:
Here's a nice long thread about the Sur-Ron Storm Bee with some vids of it in action. [url=https://altaownersforum.com/threads/storm-bee.1464/]https://altaownersforum.com/threads/storm-bee.1464/[/url] I think Johnny is spot on. It will...
Here's a nice long thread about the Sur-Ron Storm Bee with some vids of it in action.

https://altaownersforum.com/threads/storm-bee.1464/

I think Johnny is spot on. It will be closer to 125cc power but with all the torque expected of e-motos. Sounds like an early 2020 release and the general consensus on MSRP is in the $7000-$8000 range... fingers crossed on that!

Thanks, hadn't been there in a while. Really impressed with the KYB's and quick change battery. These guy's aren't playing around...

Johnny Depp
12/13/2019 9:53am
And we have a Winner! The Sur Ron is for sale now, $5390 - shipped to U.S. $6690

In stock ready to ship.

1 Sets
$5,390.00
Ship to United States by Express Seller's …
$1,300.00
Lead Time 15 days
Total
$6,690.00
Start Order
Contact Supplier

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Chinese-Sur-Ron-22-5-Kw_62390971…?
spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.313.10e57077wl6Lup

Who's going first?

Johnny Depp
12/13/2019 3:26pm
Markee wrote:
Damn, sag set to zero on that sum bitch.
I'm afraid the rear suspension may be the weak link, pun intended.
wildbill
12/13/2019 3:47pm
HenryA wrote:
Cake raced their first race this last summer with the Kalk OR bike. They are however very clear that the bike should not be compared with...

Going up a tooth or two might be problematic.
shuggs
12/14/2019 4:08am
If any of the big manufacturers are in the process of making an Ebike they could do worse than look at these. The ease of changing battery is a major plus, it just depends on cost of 2nd battery, charge life & time.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
12/14/2019 5:28am
Noaim wrote:
Finally someone mentioning it :D Seems weird to me how everybody is raving about the bike when it is just a cheap chinese copy of the...
Finally someone mentioning it :D

Seems weird to me how everybody is raving about the bike when it is just a cheap chinese copy of the Freeride E....just saying.

really don't look that similar...
12/14/2019 10:21am
You guys had better start embracing it now, all of you gas loving moto lovers will be dinosaurs in 10 years.
7I3N
12/14/2019 11:24am
The KTM and Husky electric kid's bikes are out now.

Excaliburbmx
12/14/2019 11:48am
You guys had better start embracing it now, all of you gas loving moto lovers will be dinosaurs in 10 years.
Hope that was sarcasm. So far we don’t have a good affordable and reasonable one on the market yet.
zehn
12/14/2019 12:26pm
Hope that was sarcasm. So far we don’t have a good affordable and reasonable one on the market yet.
We did but it isn’t on the market anymore
Doddy
12/14/2019 12:32pm
zehn wrote:
The Alta was anything from affordable and reasonable....
mikec265
12/14/2019 12:32pm
I doubt it. As much as I love my Alta, I have kept my gas bikes. I think they all kick ass and have a great fit. I don't do long trail rides, so my gas bikes are basically garage queens. As for the kids e minis I think it's going to be a game changer compared to a bike that revs so high before the clutch locks up. The smooth power makes it easier to be smoother.
Smoother is faster.
zehn
12/14/2019 12:45pm Edited Date/Time 12/14/2019 12:56pm
Doddy wrote:
The Alta was anything from affordable and reasonable....
How? Roughly the cost of a WE CRF
Excaliburbmx
12/14/2019 12:46pm
zehn wrote:
Because it wasn’t affordable or a reasonable alternative to gas bikes.
Sure the kids bikes will be good for moto dads but larger bikes dinosaur fuel is where it is at.
zehn
12/14/2019 12:51pm
Ok then what is reasonable and affordable?
Doddy
12/14/2019 1:01pm Edited Date/Time 12/14/2019 1:03pm
zehn wrote:
You would consider the Honda WE CRF 450F an affordable and reasonable bike for the majority? C'mon....

You can buy 2 250(4stroke or 2) bikes for the price of one and ride the thing all day. No way "lack of maintenance", saves you 7k+.

Edit: You could probably also get 3 Suzuki 450s for the price of one.....
Excaliburbmx
12/14/2019 2:23pm
zehn wrote:
Doddy wrote:
You would consider the Honda WE CRF 450F an affordable and reasonable bike for the majority? C'mon.... You can buy 2 250(4stroke or 2) bikes for...
You would consider the Honda WE CRF 450F an affordable and reasonable bike for the majority? C'mon....

You can buy 2 250(4stroke or 2) bikes for the price of one and ride the thing all day. No way "lack of maintenance", saves you 7k+.

Edit: You could probably also get 3 Suzuki 450s for the price of one.....
Not only that tech gets outdated quickly so five year e bikes will be close to the battery being close to dead or the newer tech being way better.

Right now there is no good e bike to even have an argument or choice. I’m just fine with the old 2 stroke bike doing everything I need it to do.

Post a reply to: When will we see the next electric bike?

The Latest