When will the AMA take advantage of the 2-Stroke Hype?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/21/2017 5:09 PM

Seriously, everyone's so hyped for the 125 races at the nationals and this RBSR event. Don't they see the possible fan interest in running a 125 class at the pro events?

Heck, instead of a Ricky Carmichael Road-2-SX through arenacross, have a 125 class that runs on each coast in SX. Host a points paying 125 race at each national event. I dunno. It just seems like there's easy viewership/money there that they don't bother trying to grab a hold of.

|

10/21/2017 5:12 PM

When?
When the manufactures (including Honda) start making them, so don't hold your breath.

|

"Nothing happens until something moves"

10/21/2017 5:22 PM

I agree it would be a awesome! And why does Honda have to give the ok! Maybe they would after they say the money they could make

|

10/21/2017 5:27 PM

Yamama had the 125 race at MXDN. They could do something like that here for sx/mx. People want to watch two stroke racing and it's basically a 20 minute commercial for Yamaha. Win-win.

|

10/21/2017 7:10 PM

Theres only hype because theyre a novelty. Once you see them every saturday the hype will be gone. I think the sole reason this 2 stroke class is hyped is because of rv and mac.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

10/21/2017 7:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/21/2017 7:27 PM

Acidreamer wrote:

Theres only hype because theyre a novelty. Once you see them every saturday the hype will be gone. I think the sole reason this 2 stroke class is hyped is because of rv and mac.

The noveltie is that it takes a completely different riding style and effort to ride. Never once was the 125 race boring this year.

It's not a myth, 2 strokes are harder to ride and therefore more exciting to watch.

Also, my point is, why wouldn't they take advantage of the novelty that is currently striving?

|

10/21/2017 7:34 PM

Because novelties, and their appeal, are transient by nature/definition.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!





10/21/2017 7:35 PM

Acidreamer wrote:

Theres only hype because theyre a novelty. Once you see them every saturday the hype will be gone. I think the sole reason this 2 stroke class is hyped is because of rv and mac.

I guess it's a novelty to ask for cc to cc races? Before you say stupid shit like that , maybe read what you typed....before hitting submit.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/21/2017 7:36 PM

Acidreamer wrote:

Theres only hype because theyre a novelty. Once you see them every saturday the hype will be gone. I think the sole reason this 2 stroke class is hyped is because of rv and mac.

aeffertz wrote:

The noveltie is that it takes a completely different riding style and effort to ride. Never once was the 125 race boring this year.

It's not a myth, 2 strokes are harder to ride and therefore more exciting to watch.

Also, my point is, why wouldn't they take advantage of the novelty that is currently striving?

I don't think it's a novelty at all.

|

Osama Bin Mixin - Head of the 2-stroke Taliban

10/21/2017 7:37 PM

Spies riding a TE?

|

Osama Bin Mixin - Head of the 2-stroke Taliban

10/21/2017 7:37 PM

Besides the fact....those " novelties " still rule every class in 125 cc on down....and are competitive as hell in the 250cc class.

So....please explain novelty.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/21/2017 7:37 PM

Pissing in the wind is cool. The sanctioning bodies are in bed with the manufacturers who make the series possible. See who you have to convince?

|

10/21/2017 7:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/21/2017 7:43 PM

Shawn142 wrote:

Pissing in the wind is cool. The sanctioning bodies are in bed with the manufacturers who make the series possible. See who you have to convince?

I'm not saying change the existing classes. And to the poster above me, I'm not saying change the existing rules.. I'm saying add a class.

|

10/21/2017 7:46 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Besides the fact....those " novelties " still rule every class in 125 cc on down....and are competitive as hell in the 250cc class.

So....please explain novelty.

Theyre a novelty in top of the line pro racing. Get past the butthurt and read what you wrote before hitting submit. No shit 2 strokes are popular in amateurs. Its not everyday you see rv swing a leg over a 250 in a pro race. Thats the novelty.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

10/21/2017 8:15 PM

All I can tell you is that the last 2 times I've been to Pala there have been a tremendous number of 2 strokes. It's approaching 40-50%.

|

10/21/2017 8:19 PM

I just picked up my first two stroke last week. The hype is real lol.

|

10/21/2017 8:20 PM

Radical wrote:

All I can tell you is that the last 2 times I've been to Pala there have been a tremendous number of 2 strokes. It's approaching 40-50%.

Shhhhhhhh...

Nevermind the old guy doing laps on the Husky 150. He's having too much fun.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

10/21/2017 8:34 PM

It seems that a fair few people don't know of the EMX125 series. Still. I guess you can't help being Belly Button gazers.

Huge entries.

Fantastic racing.

All without three of the Japanese Manufacturers not having 125s anymore.

If they don't make 125s - well, F**k them and the horse they came on. They are Not needed. It's They that are missing out.

|

10/21/2017 8:37 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Besides the fact....those " novelties " still rule every class in 125 cc on down....and are competitive as hell in the 250cc class.

So....please explain novelty.

Acidreamer wrote:

Theyre a novelty in top of the line pro racing. Get past the butthurt and read what you wrote before hitting submit. No shit 2 strokes are popular in amateurs. Its not everyday you see rv swing a leg over a 250 in a pro race. Thats the novelty.

A 250 2 stroke won the Canadian 250 national championship. They would also be mixing it up in the 250 class here if the rules allowed them to race. So again , if you think it's a novelty , you're just plain stupid. Hell , they can't even make a 150cc 4 stroke run with the 85cc class or super mini. Forget the CC to CC racing....because the 4 strokes have no chance.

Like I said!....125cc class on down , the 2 strokes rule this fucking sport. And in the 250 class , besides this country , they are extremely competitive against the 250 4 strokes.

If you can't see that , then you're a fucking retard. Quit being a lamb and following the bran washed tactics the media feeds you.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/21/2017 8:37 PM

It's all about money. Same with every other nonsensical thing hat happens in this world. Comes down to who's putting wads in who's pockets.

|


Sack up and roll with the boys.

10/21/2017 8:37 PM

I think the 450s were the novelty. Big and powerful but now they're part for the course and people see how bulky and boring they are. I have zero interest in one. Personally.

|

Osama Bin Mixin - Head of the 2-stroke Taliban

10/21/2017 8:38 PM

Bearuno wrote:

It seems that a fair few people don't know of the EMX125 series. Still. I guess you can't help being Belly Button gazers.

Huge entries.

Fantastic racing.

All without three of the Japanese Manufacturers not having 125s anymore.

If they don't make 125s - well, F**k them and the horse they came on. They are Not needed. It's They that are missing out.

Fuck yes!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/21/2017 8:39 PM

JW381 wrote:

I think the 450s were the novelty. Big and powerful but now they're part for the course and people see how bulky and boring they are. I have zero interest in one. Personally.

Me too....it's why I stepped off those pigs.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/21/2017 8:40 PM

Watching RV on a 250 two stroke was the highlight of the night for me.

|

10/21/2017 8:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/21/2017 8:42 PM

tempura wrote:

When?
When the manufactures (including Honda) start making them, so don't hold your breath.

Three major manufacturers make modern-ish two strokes. Four if you include TM as a boutique manufacturer.

At the height of the late 80s & early 90s 500cc two stroke classes only TWO major manufacturers made big bore two strokes. Three if you include the archaic YZ490 which was dropped in 89. In the early 90s all you'd see were CR and KX's on a 500 gate. Nobody whined then.

There are more than enough brands to sustain a two stroke class.

|

Ride like a girl!!!
2016 KTM 500 EXC-F
Current project: 2007 Kawasaki KX250-R7 retro build
Current project #2: 1987 Kawasaki KX250-E1 rider/racer resto
1989 KX125 resto
1987 RM250 resto

10/21/2017 8:42 PM

2 strokes> 4 strokes

landing strip> 2 year untrimmed bush

|

10/21/2017 8:43 PM

imoto34 wrote:

2 strokes> 4 strokes

landing strip> 2 year untrimmed bush

"Brazilian"

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

10/21/2017 8:43 PM

JW381 wrote:

I think the 450s were the novelty. Big and powerful but now they're part for the course and people see how bulky and boring they are. I have zero interest in one. Personally.

I would be a lot faster on a 4 stroke but man I just have so much fun on my ktm 250 2 stroke.. and the sound never gets old

|

10/21/2017 8:44 PM

Radical wrote:

All I can tell you is that the last 2 times I've been to Pala there have been a tremendous number of 2 strokes. It's approaching 40-50%.

This is what we are seeing up here as well. People finally figuring out they don't need to spend 10K on a 4 stroke 450 , to go lug it around the track all day in 3rd gear. Boring as shit!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/21/2017 8:46 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

A 250 2 stroke won the Canadian 250 national championship. They would also be mixing it up in the 250 class here if the rules allowed them to race. So again , if you think it's a novelty , you're just plain stupid. Hell , they can't even make a 150cc 4 stroke run with the 85cc class or super mini. Forget the CC to CC racing....because the 4 strokes have no chance.

Like I said!....125cc class on down , the 2 strokes rule this fucking sport. And in the 250 class , besides this country , they are extremely competitive against the 250 4 strokes.

If you can't see that , then you're a fucking retard. Quit being a lamb and following the bran washed tactics the media feeds you.

cc vs cc worked just fine tonight. 4 stroke 250 won a few more races than the 2 stroke 250 in the same class. They are pretty evenly matched.

|

Ride like a girl!!!
2016 KTM 500 EXC-F
Current project: 2007 Kawasaki KX250-R7 retro build
Current project #2: 1987 Kawasaki KX250-E1 rider/racer resto
1989 KX125 resto
1987 RM250 resto