When will Will Hahn return to weekly pulp calls ins?

phatfi20
What do you guys think? Heard anything about this?
|
G-man
7/2/2020 11:28am
what happened?
Cliff notes? 😬
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
7/2/2020 12:18pm
PulpMX was supposed test the Star racing YZ250F last year after the nationals. Yamaha agreed to it and Will Hahn kept putting it off and it became a source of weekly banter on the show between Steve and Will. Fast forward a few months and SwapMotoLive tested the bike leaving Steve and PulpMX community pissed. Will swears he had nothing to do with it but from what I understand Pulp Nation attacked his social media so Will stopped coming on the show. They normally shoot him a call during the show each week regardless but no answer in many months.

The Shop

mmain62
7/2/2020 1:32pm
Supposedly a different STAR employee doesn't care for Steve and set the whole thing up without Wilbur knowing. IMO SML should have respectfully declined or brought keefer out with an SML sublimated jersey on.
BMc914
7/2/2020 2:30pm
Had nothing to do with pulp nation attacking Will. The owner of the team doesn't want him doing it. Just like Gforce said he will be fired. Steve believes Will had no knowledge of the bike test. So they call and just leave a message for him now knowing he isn't gonna answer. .
mx_phreek
Fantasy
230th
7/2/2020 2:34pm
TBH I never really liked the weekly call in, did nothing for me. Once every couple of months is enough for me when there's actually something useful to say, so I haven't missed him.
phatfi20
7/2/2020 2:51pm Edited Date/Time 7/2/2020 2:52pm
Would like to hear about possible 450 star ride next year for McElrath. Team managers are good interviews on the show.

DonM
7/2/2020 2:56pm
mmain62 wrote:
Supposedly a different STAR employee doesn't care for Steve and set the whole thing up without Wilbur knowing. IMO SML should have respectfully declined or brought...
Supposedly a different STAR employee doesn't care for Steve and set the whole thing up without Wilbur knowing. IMO SML should have respectfully declined or brought keefer out with an SML sublimated jersey on.
Yeah the same one who was behind the fuel protest...
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
7/2/2020 2:59pm
mmain62 wrote:
Supposedly a different STAR employee doesn't care for Steve and set the whole thing up without Wilbur knowing. IMO SML should have respectfully declined or brought...
DonM wrote:
Any idea who it is? Bob Reagan?
DonM
7/2/2020 3:04pm
mmain62 wrote:
DonM wrote:
motoxxx599 wrote:
Not Bobby...but I'm sure he was in agreement...Brad Hoffman
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
7/2/2020 6:01pm
DonM wrote:
motoxxx599 wrote:
DonM wrote:
^^^ For some reason Brad Hoffman has a hard on for hating Matthes, so here we are.

Question is, how long will Yamaha Corporate keep putting up with the negative publicity and cut some weight? Love him or hate him, Steve and Pulp have much more influence on the general moto public than STAR's team manager.
Talisker
7/2/2020 6:05pm
Boss man says noooooo!!!
“Meet the new boss, same as the old boss!!!!
Ha ha!!
McG194
7/2/2020 9:24pm
motoxxx599 wrote:
DonM wrote:
avidchimp wrote:
^^^ For some reason Brad Hoffman has a hard on for hating Matthes, so here we are. Question is, how long will Yamaha Corporate keep putting...
^^^ For some reason Brad Hoffman has a hard on for hating Matthes, so here we are.

Question is, how long will Yamaha Corporate keep putting up with the negative publicity and cut some weight? Love him or hate him, Steve and Pulp have much more influence on the general moto public than STAR's team manager.
My sentiments exactly. From what they said on the show they went through all the right channels and Yamaha corporate signed off on it and were pissed about how it went down.

I'm a Yamaha guy and all but I don't think this is the first shady thing from the Star team. Didn't they basically freeze out the Martin brothers in favor of Cooper Webb on the Martin's last year there?

The show is better with Wilbur calling in.
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
7/2/2020 9:34pm
Didn't JMart win the outdoor championship pitting out of the back of the semi?
Crush
7/2/2020 9:47pm
When he changes teams.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/2/2020 11:15pm
avidchimp wrote:
^^^ For some reason Brad Hoffman has a hard on for hating Matthes, so here we are. Question is, how long will Yamaha Corporate keep putting...

Blink
Motofinne
7/2/2020 11:41pm Edited Date/Time 7/2/2020 11:53pm
Matthes claimed that people at Yamaha marketing was furious with the whole bike testing debacle, which makes sense. Yamaha pays Matthes and what happened with Star wasn't a good look.
mxjon454
7/2/2020 11:44pm
motoxxx599 wrote:
Didn't JMart win the outdoor championship pitting out of the back of the semi?
No JMart was putting out the back of the semi in 2016 when Webb won the title.
gregyou
7/2/2020 11:54pm
That fuel protest by star gives them some more bad publicity
7/3/2020 2:22am
avidchimp wrote:

Any idea why Brad Hoffman has a hard on for steven?
Tuna
7/3/2020 3:54am
avidchimp wrote:

Who wouldn’t with those sexy cargo shorts and dirty T shirts😁
orange_44
7/3/2020 5:20am
I called him an egotistical prick and that post was deleted. Seems Gibby over here has one for Brad
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
7/3/2020 6:01am
avidchimp wrote:

GuyB wrote:
Blink
Sorry Boss. 🤪
7/3/2020 6:28am
motoxxx599 wrote:
DonM wrote:
avidchimp wrote:

It would be cool if Yamaha could get Keefer and Steve out to ride Barcias bike or something cool to get a positive spin on the whole thing.

Hopefully Steves 2021 GYTR bike makes everyone forget about the 250F disaster.
Joe512
7/3/2020 7:05am
I love the star Yamaha bikes but that team is a shit show personnel wise.
Zooki
7/3/2020 7:45am
avidchimp wrote:

GuyB wrote:
Blink
Why not elaborate a bit instead of posting an emoji? Between the PulpMX test, the fuel protest and the general behavior of SM12 at the final round, the Star team certainly hasn't been getting good reviews from moto enthusiasts.

If racing is a marketing effort, how is this behavior not counter to what the race team is trying to achieve?

I agree with avidchimp, from a fans perspective it appears that Star is lacking in professionalism.

Post a reply to: When will Will Hahn return to weekly pulp calls ins?

The Latest