When will Watson give a proper explanation of his team's decisions at Seattle?

twotwosix
Edited Date/Time 4/12/2018 11:48am
I'd like to hear from their side about the Cedric/Seattle situation, as well as the reason Hansen hasn't raced a main all year...
|
ehr400
4/12/2018 7:04am
No need to start a thread on this, its gonna bring out all his industry buddies say how awesome he is and how awesome he is at activations....

The Shop

billyp330
4/12/2018 7:26am
I'd really like to meet Watson so I can figure out if I should like him or not.

At times I hear he is a great guy and does so much for the sport blah blah blah, then I listen to him on podcasts and see stuff like #seattlegate happen and think he is a complete joke and represents one of the biggest problems in our great sport.

I'v never been so torn on an individual except for maybe Reed.
tprice07
4/12/2018 7:45am
billyp330 wrote:
I'd really like to meet Watson so I can figure out if I should like him or not. At times I hear he is a great...
I'd really like to meet Watson so I can figure out if I should like him or not.

At times I hear he is a great guy and does so much for the sport blah blah blah, then I listen to him on podcasts and see stuff like #seattlegate happen and think he is a complete joke and represents one of the biggest problems in our great sport.

I'v never been so torn on an individual except for maybe Reed.
I agree 100%.

I'm conflicted about him. He has some decent ideas about marketing/activation in the pits. I think he should be a guy in a room that throws in some crazy ideas ...but then let some other people go and apply them.

Can you imagine him being your point of contact for a multi million/billion dollar company that sponsors your team? (chrysler/dodge/ram, microsoft, jimmy johns, etc) These race teams need better representation. I say all of this being a nobody ..meanwhile watson has been a part of a relatively successful team for a brief moment in time and probably has a bit more money in the bank than a lot of people on here.
kkawboy14
4/12/2018 8:20am
The check writers make the decisions. Everybody below them just pass on the decisions. There’s probably less than a handful of guys in moto that you wouldn’t want to drink a beer with.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
4/12/2018 8:53am
There are dudes who know how to make and manage money, and there are dudes who know what's best for a motocross team. Those goals do not always align, and when they do not the money makers usually make the decisions. I bet something like that is happening here.
TymeMoto
4/12/2018 9:06am
Nobody can deny his ability to throw a team together at the last minute, I mean look what he did for Hanny of all people this season with support from Suzuki.

With that said, he doesn’t seem very professional and, in regards to this year’s LVN100 Nut Up Suzuki venture, I don’t think his plans for putting a team together will prove to be very efficient when it comes to longevity and sustainability.
byke
4/12/2018 9:34am Edited Date/Time 4/12/2018 9:35am
He always sounded like an idiot back in the pulp days, but I figure he must be good at his job in order to work for some high level teams. Then again, people keep hiring Hanny, so I dunno. Ironically, I remember Watson somewhat sarcastically commenting on how people keep hiring Hanny regardless of his results/drama/drugs/whatever, something about how he always lands on his feet. Two peas in a pod.
HenryA
4/12/2018 9:45am
Has someone even reached out to them or are they too bro to mess with?
ehr400
4/12/2018 9:49am
HenryA wrote:
Matthes said on Pulp he called him and talked had somewhat of a side but still doesn't explain him not notifying his rider. Maybe this effort, or lack there of, shows he took more credit then what he really did do for other teams in the past.
Motofinne
4/12/2018 9:50am
HenryA wrote:
Matthes said in the latest Pulp show that he reached out to Watson and never got a explanation why they did what they did.
TeamGreen
4/12/2018 9:52am
kkawboy14 wrote:
The check writers make the decisions. Everybody below them just pass on the decisions. There’s probably less than a handful of guys in moto that you...
The check writers make the decisions. Everybody below them just pass on the decisions. There’s probably less than a handful of guys in moto that you wouldn’t want to drink a beer with.
Post of the Day
Trickamoto
4/12/2018 9:53am
Anybody that would put money into the “ya bro” types that race for and run a team is crazy! This thing was a fail the minute the deal was signed.
billyp330
4/12/2018 11:07am
TymeMoto wrote:
Nobody can deny his ability to throw a team together at the last minute, I mean look what he did for Hanny of all people this...
Nobody can deny his ability to throw a team together at the last minute, I mean look what he did for Hanny of all people this season with support from Suzuki.

With that said, he doesn’t seem very professional and, in regards to this year’s LVN100 Nut Up Suzuki venture, I don’t think his plans for putting a team together will prove to be very efficient when it comes to longevity and sustainability.
You think its more likely that Suzuki helped out Hanny soley bc of Watson, then Suzuki is desperate for bikes on the track and Hanny is a pretty big name? I lean towards the former.
TymeMoto
4/12/2018 11:32am
TymeMoto wrote:
Nobody can deny his ability to throw a team together at the last minute, I mean look what he did for Hanny of all people this...

billyp330 wrote:
You think its more likely that Suzuki helped out Hanny soley bc of Watson, then Suzuki is desperate for bikes on the track and Hanny is...
You think its more likely that Suzuki helped out Hanny soley bc of Watson, then Suzuki is desperate for bikes on the track and Hanny is a pretty big name? I lean towards the former.
Idk, that’s a good question. JGR has 7 riders and HEP now has 5.
billyp330
4/12/2018 11:48am
TymeMoto wrote:

billyp330 wrote:
You think its more likely that Suzuki helped out Hanny soley bc of Watson, then Suzuki is desperate for bikes on the track and Hanny is...
TymeMoto wrote:
Idk, that’s a good question. JGR has 7 riders and HEP now has 5.
JGR has 2 450 riders (WP and Bogle, Bogle isn't racing due to injury and so MS27 is a fill in), HEP had 3 450 riders originally (Miller, Pipes, Cunningham) and now have one more rider (Soubeyras). Hanny is a bigger name then everyone on HEP. Cunningham and Miller are great riders, but have never had the potential of Hanny, hence why I say Hanny is a bigger name and if you want proof make a topic here on vital named Cunningham, one named Miller and one named Hanny and see which gets more clicks and reply's.

Post a reply to: When will Watson give a proper explanation of his team's decisions at Seattle?

The Latest