When keeping it real goes wrong....*SUNDAY The Newmann Effort* Raceday Results**

Related:
Create New Tag

9/7/2021 9:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/20/2021 9:06 PM

About 8 weeks ago, a young man who works for me asked my to be his "Buddy" in off-road racing.

His main "Buddy" was gonna be absent for the last round which paid double points.

I agreed. It's been 5 years since I've raced MX, and 14 years since I've raced off-road...

But, I think a lot of this young fella. He reminds me of myself. In fact, only 2 weeks prior, I had given him a dressing down about how MEN KEEP THEIR WORD.

it was time for me to do the same.

The following thread is a story about how a PROMISE can turn into a MOVEMENT.

I'm proud of everything that has happened in the last 4 weeks and EVEN MORE PROUD of the VitalMX community and mostly, that young man the got me back in riding my dirtbike for a purpose..

|

Violence You Can Believe In

9/7/2021 10:15 PM

How?

|

9/7/2021 10:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2021 10:37 PM

jk367 wrote:

How?

I agree...I made a long post. Then once I added a pic, it was all gone.
That's very Vital, anyway.

See how I have 3 'thumbs up"? Yeah, it was all there for a bit. Now it's gone

|

9/7/2021 10:36 PM

Photo
|

9/7/2021 11:58 PM

Sounds great fun, and it might get you back in the obsessive money sucking sinkhole of racing we all love! Good luck for the event, bike looks sweet 👍🏼

|

9/8/2021 12:37 AM

back off your compression clickers to fully open and try and finish the race vs going fast. Good luck MAN!

|

Jett Lawrence is the FMOTP

9/8/2021 12:50 AM

motokiwi wrote:

back off your compression clickers to fully open and try and finish the race vs going fast. Good luck MAN!

🤣🤣🤣 On other note I have a burning desire to get a bike!

Awesome man have fun!!

|

9/8/2021 1:49 AM

|

9/8/2021 6:54 AM

Don't complain about making the bike less valuable. That's the cheapest part of off road racing.

I started racing Hare Scrambles a couple years ago with my bike in the back of my 99 Ford F150. I loved that stinking truck and didn't want any part of a new truck but in short order I ended up at the races in my new Ram towing my new toy hauler with the dirt bike and new golf cart inside.

|

Florida Trail Riders Area 4 Director
Volusia/Flagler Counties

9/8/2021 7:32 AM

AWRCS is a cool series, supposedly. I know they have great turnouts and it has become very popular around us. I am not an offroad guy but I also thought about doing a race with my 125. But I felt like I would hammer the bike and I suck in the woods anyways, so decided against it. Maybe 1 day I'll regret that but maybe not. Anyways, if you want some practice beforehand, consider doing the GP at High Point next Saturday before the Vet National. It's not a true woods race but it might be a low-stress race to get you warmed up.

|

9/8/2021 7:34 AM

I'll thumbs up any post that references Newmann.

|

9/8/2021 8:45 AM

Good luck, brother! You’re definitely not old, and I wouldn’t call you “fat” because I fight the same battle with the mid section, but I respect you backing up your words! Have fun and think of Newmann riding with you! And blame him for the xtra weight if anything goes catywampus!

|

9/8/2021 8:47 AM

You’re not old

|

9/8/2021 9:04 AM

|

9/8/2021 9:39 AM

I raced this past March for the first time in 12 years... and won! Now it's time to keep the "Vital rider wins first race back" success going. Your turn, bro. No pressure or anything, but Newmann and the entire Vital MX community are counting on you.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
OK, sorry! Just go have fun and do your best!

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

9/8/2021 4:39 PM

Just keep the ends of your grips clean ,you will be fine!

|

9/8/2021 9:16 PM

usp4u wrote: Photo

Nice...cool

|

Hello..Vital?..

9/9/2021 11:08 AM

Your SX is minty man. My brother had an 11, rode a 13 and it felt so much more normal with the linkage. Killer motor those had, I havent ever got along as well with the newer one.

|

Juniormediate Pro

9/9/2021 4:53 PM

Put the ignition in the soft map.
Good luck!

|

9/15/2021 5:01 PM

I guess it just got official....the shitty comeback is on.
Lol
Photo

|

9/15/2021 6:52 PM

have fun and stay safe homie.

|

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

- Thomas Jefferson

9/17/2021 5:02 AM

One of my favorite Chappelle show skits lol.

|

9/17/2021 6:39 AM

PM me your address so I can get you some of these, thanks to MXG Designs for decals as well!

Photo

|

9/17/2021 6:44 AM

CRFracer117 wrote:

PM me your address so I can get you some of these, thanks to MXG Designs for decals as well!

Photo

Those are pretty cool. If I send some $ through Paypal could I get some?

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

9/17/2021 6:47 AM

Rickyisms wrote:

Those are pretty cool. If I send some $ through Paypal could I get some?

PM me your address.

|

9/17/2021 7:34 AM

The AWRCS series is awesome. They get great turnouts with a really good mixture of really fast riders and beginners. They used to be 3 hour events but switched to 2 hours a few years ago. The buddy class should be pretty easy to navigate since it’s only 2 hours. You can pretty much go out and do a lap and swap riders if that’s all you’re comfortable with.

The courses themself aren’t too difficult. There’s usually nothing most riders will struggle with but they are tighter than that of a GNCC or even most regular harescrambles. The buddy class is probably pretty laid back so just go have some fun and stay within your comfort level.

|

9/17/2021 3:35 PM

CRFracer117 wrote:

Photo

Pm sent. Thanks, man.

|

9/17/2021 3:50 PM

CRFracer117 wrote:

Photo

These are awesome!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

Thanks to : Factory Effex, Simi Valley Cycles, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, Mika Metals

10/1/2021 5:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2021 5:15 PM

On my way to mediocrity..

Photo

From our pit at the 6 mile mark
Photo

|

10/1/2021 5:19 PM

Lookin fat, heading off for my shift.. lol

Photo

|