When does the 2020 Outdoor National schedule show up?

indy_maico
Edited Date/Time 9/19/2019 6:42pm
With MotoAmerica announcing a race at Indy on Aug 22-23 next year, I sure hope that MX Sports doesn't schedule the Ironman National in Crawfordsville for the same week-end!
|
DC
9/18/2019 11:03am
Hi indy_maico, the Ironman National finale for 2020 will not be on the same weekend as MotoAmerica.

Look for a schedule release early next week.

DC
Racer X
9/18/2019 11:37am
DC wrote:
Hi indy_maico, the Ironman National finale for 2020 will not be on the same weekend as MotoAmerica. Look for a schedule release early next week. DC...
Hi indy_maico, the Ironman National finale for 2020 will not be on the same weekend as MotoAmerica.

DC
Racer X
Thanks DC for the awesome 2019 season ! I hope you bring back Glen Helen this year ! We need that legendary track on schedule
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/18/2019 11:38am
Looking forward to it.

My dream schedule (based on existing tracks)...

Pala
Hangtown
Washougal
Lakewood
WW Ranch
High Point
Southwick
RedBud
Spring Creek
Unadilla
Budds Creek
Ironman
Scull79
9/18/2019 11:56am
Hey DC, hoping to see Budds back on the schedule next year, preferably back on the Father’s Day weekend.

The Shop

Max D
9/18/2019 1:31pm
Any way to squeeze in Muddy Creek?
9/18/2019 1:41pm
Hate to see WW Ranch back on the schedule, not because the track was bad for TV (though it sounds like it was terrible for spectators in person - no surprise there, its totally flat) but because it seemed like it ruined the season for at least 5 or 6 guys, Cooper, Sexton, even Roczen who was already having issues before that round went in the tank for a while afterwards. It was an awesome year for the outdoors, but would have been an even more exciting conclusion to the year if everyone made it out of Florida unaffected. I know heat is part of the equation, but there is hot and then there is 110-115 degree heat index hot.

Also Pala is sub par all the way around, in person and on TV. It would be awesome to see Glen Helen back but I understand the guy who leases the property from San Bernardino County (Bud) can be a pain to work with. Glen Helen is so epic it makes the other So Cal options look pretty ordinary.

I am sure getting all this organized is a monumental task and you can never please everyone.
peelout
9/18/2019 1:42pm
GuyB wrote:
Looking forward to it. My dream schedule (based on existing tracks)... Pala Hangtown Washougal Lakewood WW Ranch High Point Southwick RedBud Spring Creek Unadilla Budds Creek...
Looking forward to it.

Pala
Hangtown
Washougal
Lakewood
WW Ranch
High Point
Southwick
RedBud
Spring Creek
Unadilla
Budds Creek
Ironman
GuyB calculating the actual schedule mileage

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/18/2019 1:56pm
GuyB wrote:
Looking forward to it. My dream schedule (based on existing tracks)... Pala Hangtown Washougal Lakewood WW Ranch High Point Southwick RedBud Spring Creek Unadilla Budds Creek...
Looking forward to it.

Pala
Hangtown
Washougal
Lakewood
WW Ranch
High Point
Southwick
RedBud
Spring Creek
Unadilla
Budds Creek
Ironman
peelout wrote:
GuyB calculating the actual schedule mileage [img]https://media1.tenor.com/images/be5461967878f9229ae8656d62025a1e/tenor.gif[/img]
GuyB calculating the actual schedule mileage

Ha! My version is still longer than a truly ideal route...at least from a driving standpoint...but I understand that there also needs to be some time and distance between rounds so that they don't step on each other too much.

Over the last several years of driving the Nationals, I always go home after Washougal. That makes it one large lap of the country, and pretty convenient for me. (I fly to the last three rounds.) This summer, there were longer drives between a few of the rounds (High Point/WW Ranch/Southwick), but the pile of work doesn't get any smaller. That's part of why I've questioned whether I'll drive again next summer. On the other hand, I have to be careful what I wish for. If the driving schedule actually made a little more sense, and I did it again, I might end up driving for another four weeks in the summer. My girlfriend likely wouldn't be crazy about that idea.

I'm not sure whether it makes sense for the track, but moving Washougal to earlier in the season sure would make life a whole lot less expensive for teams large and small, as well as being better logistically for everyone who drives between all the rounds.
Detroit Dick
9/18/2019 6:26pm
BRING BACK GLEN HELEN!!!!!! Some things are bigger than disagreements,,,do whatever it takes to get GH back on the schedule!!!
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
9/18/2019 6:36pm
My dream schedule..

Redbud
Millville
Redbud
Millville
Redbud
Millville
Ironman
9/19/2019 4:19am
Hate to see WW Ranch back on the schedule, not because the track was bad for TV (though it sounds like it was terrible for spectators...
Hate to see WW Ranch back on the schedule, not because the track was bad for TV (though it sounds like it was terrible for spectators in person - no surprise there, its totally flat) but because it seemed like it ruined the season for at least 5 or 6 guys, Cooper, Sexton, even Roczen who was already having issues before that round went in the tank for a while afterwards. It was an awesome year for the outdoors, but would have been an even more exciting conclusion to the year if everyone made it out of Florida unaffected. I know heat is part of the equation, but there is hot and then there is 110-115 degree heat index hot.

Also Pala is sub par all the way around, in person and on TV. It would be awesome to see Glen Helen back but I understand the guy who leases the property from San Bernardino County (Bud) can be a pain to work with. Glen Helen is so epic it makes the other So Cal options look pretty ordinary.

I am sure getting all this organized is a monumental task and you can never please everyone.
It was fine for spectators unless you're a crybaby and want to sit in one place and see the entire track. You know...like Supercross. WW was a true test in every way possible for the riders. Rough, sandy, humid. This coming year they'll be better prepared. I enjoyed it and will be back for 2020 and beyond.
Indy mxer
9/19/2019 5:05pm
Hate to see WW Ranch back on the schedule, not because the track was bad for TV (though it sounds like it was terrible for spectators...

It was fine for spectators unless you're a crybaby and want to sit in one place and see the entire track. You know...like Supercross. WW was...
It was fine for spectators unless you're a crybaby and want to sit in one place and see the entire track. You know...like Supercross. WW was a true test in every way possible for the riders. Rough, sandy, humid. This coming year they'll be better prepared. I enjoyed it and will be back for 2020 and beyond.
Well said Harry. The wife and I are going to try and make the race next year. Great facility and great people!
Max D
9/19/2019 6:29pm
It was fine for spectators unless you're a crybaby and want to sit in one place and see the entire track. You know...like Supercross. WW was...
With all that being said, it needs to be towards the end of the schedule. I personally prefer Muddy Creek any day over a flat track in Florida. Don’t the riders get enough training time down there as it is?
TeamGreen
9/19/2019 6:42pm
DC wrote:
Hi indy_maico, the Ironman National finale for 2020 will not be on the same weekend as MotoAmerica. Look for a schedule release early next week. DC...

DC
Racer X
The weekend right before or right after the MotoGP race would be PERFECT.
MX Culture
9/20/2019 6:47am
Brad460 wrote:
My dream schedule..

Redbud
Millville
Redbud
Millville
Redbud
Millville
Ironman
I would go to all of them
Mx4life320
Fantasy
2781st
9/20/2019 7:02am
Brad460 wrote:
My dream schedule..

Redbud
Millville
Redbud
Millville
Redbud
Millville
Ironman
also add southwick
indy_maico
9/20/2019 12:56pm
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
Thanks for the quick response, DC.

I appreciate it (along with everything else you do for motocross!)

Post a reply to: When does the 2020 Outdoor National schedule show up?

The Latest