When does a rumor become legitimate?

Premixed112
10/1/2018 4:15pm
Cooper Webb to KTM just got officially announced, and I think we started hearing about this happening back in winter 2018 where it was quickly regarded as a done deal. And we saw the same thing with Roczen going to Honda in 2017. I was just wondering, for us non-industry insiders who don’t have access to top secret team dealings; at what point does a rumor about someone joining a team become a fact before it is officially announced?
|
es337
10/1/2018 4:16pm
Who cares?
MW19
10/1/2018 4:28pm
pics or it didnt happen
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
10/1/2018 4:33pm
When it gets legally adopted?

The Shop

Brad460
Fantasy
807th
10/1/2018 4:45pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2018 4:47pm
Clearly all you need to do is make an accusation...without evidence...and it should be considered legitimate..

We didn’t know when, where or with who Webb was going to ride KTM...we didn’t even know how he got to KTM or back home from KTM...Roger didn’t even know Cooper..
DonM
10/1/2018 4:48pm
Once the contract is signed....
SEE ARE125
10/1/2018 4:52pm
It goes from rumor to fact as soon as someone on here says “Stamp it.”
omalley
10/1/2018 5:06pm
Brad460 wrote:
Clearly all you need to do is make an accusation...without evidence...and it should be considered legitimate.. We didn’t know when, where or with who Webb was...
Clearly all you need to do is make an accusation...without evidence...and it should be considered legitimate..

We didn’t know when, where or with who Webb was going to ride KTM...we didn’t even know how he got to KTM or back home from KTM...Roger didn’t even know Cooper..
LaughingLaughingLaughing
Racer111
10/1/2018 5:08pm
Cooper Webb to KTM just got officially announced, and I think we started hearing about this happening back in winter 2018 where it was quickly regarded...
Cooper Webb to KTM just got officially announced, and I think we started hearing about this happening back in winter 2018 where it was quickly regarded as a done deal. And we saw the same thing with Roczen going to Honda in 2017. I was just wondering, for us non-industry insiders who don’t have access to top secret team dealings; at what point does a rumor about someone joining a team become a fact before it is officially announced?
Just as one simple rule to follow, 99.99% of the time it’s AFTER the Nationals are over. The riders are contracted to the team they started the Supercross season with through the Nationals. If they are a Supercross only rider sometimes you see a rider announced to a different team for the next year or if they are a privateer getting called up as a fill in rider. Other than that, a rumor will never be official until the Nationals are over and Instagram gives the ok to announce it. TongueCool
Keith72
10/1/2018 5:36pm
Brad460 wrote:
Clearly all you need to do is make an accusation...without evidence...and it should be considered legitimate.. We didn’t know when, where or with who Webb was...

Maybe we should have a hearing and ask the FIM to investigate everyone involved.
olds cool
10/1/2018 6:15pm
Brad460 wrote:

Keith72 wrote:
Maybe we should have a hearing and ask the FIM to investigate everyone involved.
Much TY to both of you. LaughingLaughingLaughing
dboivin
10/1/2018 6:21pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2018 6:21pm
Brad460 wrote:

i think we established he didn't walk there but can not figure who gave him a ride there...coulda been roger, was long time ago tho.
Premixed112
10/1/2018 6:38pm
Cooper Webb to KTM just got officially announced, and I think we started hearing about this happening back in winter 2018 where it was quickly regarded...
Racer111 wrote:
Just as one simple rule to follow, 99.99% of the time it’s AFTER the Nationals are over. The riders are contracted to the team they started...
Just as one simple rule to follow, 99.99% of the time it’s AFTER the Nationals are over. The riders are contracted to the team they started the Supercross season with through the Nationals. If they are a Supercross only rider sometimes you see a rider announced to a different team for the next year or if they are a privateer getting called up as a fill in rider. Other than that, a rumor will never be official until the Nationals are over and Instagram gives the ok to announce it. TongueCool
Wow, an actual serious, non-trolling response. Thanks!
Racer111
10/1/2018 6:48pm
Racer111 wrote:
Just as one simple rule to follow, 99.99% of the time it’s AFTER the Nationals are over. The riders are contracted to the team they started...
You’re welcome!!
JWRM
10/1/2018 6:58pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2018 6:59pm
Racer111 wrote:
Howdy partner, if you're here for facts and fair play, you're in the wrooong saloon.
Keith72
10/1/2018 7:04pm
Brad460 wrote:

dboivin wrote:
i think we established he didn't walk there but can not figure who gave him a ride there...coulda been roger, was long time ago tho.
Didn't Roger used to work at Safeway? Maybe that was the connection...
Premixed112
10/1/2018 7:04pm
JWRM wrote:
Howdy partner, if you're here for facts and fair play, you're in the wrooong saloon.
I never expect that here... But what I also didn't expect was trolls coming out in droves in response to a pretty non-controversial topic.
HD1200
10/1/2018 8:59pm
"Premixed112 - Cooper Webb to KTM just got officially announced, and I think we started hearing about this happening back in winter 2018 where it was quickly regarded as a done deal."

So you heard about this in the winter of 2018 and it was made official in the fall of 2018? That's some good shit your smoked. Smile
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3807th
10/1/2018 9:39pm
Rumors are either two things.

1) Someone who knows something but can't keep their mouth shut.

2) Someone who doesn't know anything but tries to act like they know something.

I think we all know what number the majority of the rumors on the forums come from. Tongue
KMC440
10/1/2018 10:37pm
Brad460 wrote:

dboivin wrote:
Keith72 wrote:
Didn't Roger used to work at Safeway? Maybe that was the connection...
The bike was "blacked out" so pretty hard to tell what it was. Much less who was on it. None of the other mfg's were even there.
wfo4ever
10/2/2018 1:01am
Rumors about factory rides are not facts until the rider and his team get cleared by the U.S. Senate. I don''t think any of the Senators even ride dirt bikes, they do still ride a few staff members and interns whenever possible. There could be an FBI investigation too, you just never know with those clowns in Washington D.C. As long as the rider can drink beer without Blacking Out they will have a much better chance. The Senate will usually vote yes to confirm and "stamp" the new factory ride. Politicians also prefer 2 Stroke voters over 4 stroke voters because they know they will get a lot more votes from the Pre-Mix crowd because it is huge. The 2-Stroke voter crowd is the preferred party across our great nation!!!
Akira
10/2/2018 3:08am
Rumor is Herlings going to the US next year ... on a TM
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
10/2/2018 5:18am
You need to learn who to listen to.
10/2/2018 5:30am
Back in Winter 2018? Seems like so long ago Blink
10/2/2018 7:46am
A fact for who? I'm pretty sure Webb and KTM knew it was a fact before the ink had dried. Still a rumor to us until it is confirmed. My rule of thumb is to never believe a rumor until one party officially denies it.
aroark247
10/2/2018 7:56am
Rumor's become legitimate when it favors the Liberals. (Asshole Idiots)
nrosso391
Fantasy
3479th
10/2/2018 8:59am
Roczen put his arm on backwards on Honda in 2017 SX...SO I'm guessing you mean we heard that rumor the year prior?

Post a reply to: When does a rumor become legitimate?

The Latest