When does McAdoo start riding with less heart and more BRAINS

tobz
Edited Date/Time 4/19/2021 3:10pm
Last week was amazing but he’s going to seriously hurt someone else or himself if he doesn’t start thinking about where that throttle takes him on the track
|
slipdog
4/17/2021 6:37pm
He's the golden boy around here... you can't say that.
bowl
4/17/2021 6:39pm
tobz wrote:
Last week was amazing but he’s going to seriously hurt someone else or himself if he doesn’t start thinking about where that throttle takes him on...
Last week was amazing but he’s going to seriously hurt someone else or himself if he doesn’t start thinking about where that throttle takes him on the track
Was involved in to many incidents tonight but.....this will make him better and 2022 could be his year.

The Shop

DonM
4/17/2021 6:41pm
tobz wrote:
Last week was amazing but he’s going to seriously hurt someone else or himself if he doesn’t start thinking about where that throttle takes him on...
He got run into the tuff blocks at the start that caused Blose to land on him....His teammate screwed up in the whoops left him nowhere to go....and Marchbanks....so what does any of that have to do with thinking? Oh wait your favorite rider crashed behind him by running into a tuff block...
fins227
4/17/2021 6:46pm
Don’t you dare talk about vitals very special boy!
dfoerster92
Fantasy
4316th
4/17/2021 7:09pm
Mcadoo is showing he has more heart than 99 percent of the field, I love it
gt80rider
4/17/2021 7:16pm
bowl wrote:
Was involved in to many incidents tonight but.....this will make him better and 2022 could be his year.
If he makes it that long
gt80rider
4/17/2021 7:18pm
Totally agree.. but also agree that he needs to back it down from a "12" down to a "9" for a few races... he's made more highlight reels in the last 5 days than most pros make their entire careers
Blackie59
4/17/2021 7:21pm
Barry Switzer once described a running back as a guy with a million dollar body and a ten cent head.
tobz
4/17/2021 7:22pm
Where’s the line drawn from “riding with heart” and “being a liability to yourself and others”

IMO, Riding with heart means to never giving up. But Riding over your head without a thought of your surroundings or situation is just plain stupid.
Shiner590
Fantasy
2664th
4/17/2021 7:25pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2021 8:32pm
tobz wrote:
DonM wrote:
He got run into the tuff blocks at the start that caused Blose to land on him....His teammate screwed up in the whoops left him nowhere...
He got run into the tuff blocks at the start that caused Blose to land on him....His teammate screwed up in the whoops left him nowhere to go....and Marchbanks....so what does any of that have to do with thinking? Oh wait your favorite rider crashed behind him by running into a tuff block...
Yea he pushed for a hole that wasn’t there and instead of going off the track he turned right into on coming traffic.

Not smart
Mxpilot20
Fantasy
2653rd
4/17/2021 7:26pm
tobz wrote:
Where’s the line drawn from “riding with heart” and “being a liability to yourself and others” IMO, Riding with heart means to never giving up. But...
Where’s the line drawn from “riding with heart” and “being a liability to yourself and others”

IMO, Riding with heart means to never giving up. But Riding over your head without a thought of your surroundings or situation is just plain stupid.
Just ask Alex Martin
tobz
4/17/2021 7:27pm
tobz wrote:
DonM wrote:
He got run into the tuff blocks at the start that caused Blose to land on him....His teammate screwed up in the whoops left him nowhere...
My favourite rider? Unsure I’m not a fan of the Lawrence’s and have been publicly skeptical of them in the past so I’m not sure where you draw that conclusion from?

As far as the red flag incident:
When the commentators say “McAdoo ran out of room and clipped a tough block” it means, “he thoughtlessly pushed forward and gave himself zero room to avoid the tough block” heart or brains?

dkurtd
4/17/2021 7:29pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2021 7:31pm
tobz wrote:
Where’s the line drawn from “riding with heart” and “being a liability to yourself and others” IMO, Riding with heart means to never giving up. But...

Don't ever become a riding coach, tobz.
snowy816
4/17/2021 7:34pm
tobz wrote:
DonM wrote:
tobz wrote:
My favourite rider? :unsure: I’m not a fan of the Lawrence’s and have been publicly skeptical of them in the past so I’m not sure where...
My favourite rider? Unsure I’m not a fan of the Lawrence’s and have been publicly skeptical of them in the past so I’m not sure where you draw that conclusion from?

As far as the red flag incident:
When the commentators say “McAdoo ran out of room and clipped a tough block” it means, “he thoughtlessly pushed forward and gave himself zero room to avoid the tough block” heart or brains?

Tobz, Unfortunately if you tried to tell Mac to back it down he would go backwards. That's how they ride that's what got them where they are. Jett is same. As Barcia remember an interview he stated when with Yamaha they tried to change his riding style and he went backwards..

In Australia Ford Dale was same fast as fuck but would wreck and normally big. But he wouldn't change it as that what's got him an Aussie title,
Racer_336
4/17/2021 8:20pm
tobz wrote:
Are you an idiot? Not ONE of the 3 incidents in the main were his fault. Gtfo of vital. You’re a complete douche canoe. 🤦‍♂️
tobz
4/17/2021 8:23pm
tobz wrote:
Racer_336 wrote:
Are you an idiot? Not ONE of the 3 incidents in the main were his fault. Gtfo of vital. You’re a complete douche canoe. 🤦‍♂️
Very thoughtful discussion, thanks for contributing Dizzy
4/17/2021 8:26pm
I was almost waiting for someone on the team or family to tell him enough is enough and sit the main out. Im not saying thats what should’ve happened. His podium speech was pretty classy
Sully22
4/17/2021 8:41pm
slipdog wrote:
He's the golden boy around here... you can't say that.
Golden boy stomping on Brown for no reason in the whoops... oh, but hey, it was a total accident, he was just trying to get back to his bike quickly 🙄 😳
Up Wind
4/17/2021 8:45pm
tobz wrote:

He's surrounded by good people. He will be just fine.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
4/17/2021 8:48pm
It'll come. Maybe. Hopefully he doesn't damage himself too much before then. He reminds me a little bit of a guy everyone called "Magoo".
Sully22
4/17/2021 8:55pm
Brown unfortunately got caught up in all that whoop carnage, he didn’t do anything to macadoo... maybe macadoo couldn’t help stepping on Browns leg as he was still under his bike, CM was trying to get back to his bike quickly, I don’t know.

ACBraap
Fantasy
564th
4/17/2021 9:08pm
He's never remotely been in a points race like this before. A rider with more experience with that kind of results and being a contender for championships would be smarter about their racecraft. I think it's a breath of fresh air to the sport to see someone who's had the path he has be in this position, and show such passion.

Also impressed with Mitch in that two of the best moments of showing heart while racing have been his riders - Ryno for pushing his bike across the line in the 90s, and now McAdoo.
CPR
4/18/2021 12:30am
OP’s question; next year.
CPR
4/18/2021 12:31am
snowy816 wrote:
Tobz, Unfortunately if you tried to tell Mac to back it down he would go backwards. That's how they ride that's what got them where they...
Tobz, Unfortunately if you tried to tell Mac to back it down he would go backwards. That's how they ride that's what got them where they are. Jett is same. As Barcia remember an interview he stated when with Yamaha they tried to change his riding style and he went backwards..

In Australia Ford Dale was same fast as fuck but would wreck and normally big. But he wouldn't change it as that what's got him an Aussie title,
👍 just for the Ford Dale reference, loved watching him ride.
4/18/2021 1:07am
Sully22 wrote:
Brown unfortunately got caught up in all that whoop carnage, he didn’t do anything to macadoo... maybe macadoo couldn’t help stepping on Browns leg as he...
Brown unfortunately got caught up in all that whoop carnage, he didn’t do anything to macadoo... maybe macadoo couldn’t help stepping on Browns leg as he was still under his bike, CM was trying to get back to his bike quickly, I don’t know.

I could be wrong. But looks a little like he tripped and than stood on him. Right foot clipping under browns boot as he steps. But yeah I may be wrong

Post a reply to: When does McAdoo start riding with less heart and more BRAINS

The Latest