When does Feld look at their TV team

chillrich
2/4/2018 11:03am
Weege and Holley on the live webcast was the ultimate. Mute the TV and listen to top notch commentary by a couple core moto guys on the webcast.

It would be epic if Weege, Mathes and JT did a FB live from the press booth.
motomojo
2/4/2018 11:20am
Feld is getting exactly what they want or they would have made a change by now.
i think the purpose is to dumb it down not sure why but it does seem purposely done.

I just turn off the sound. I do miss the bike sounds but i get more into the racing without hearing two buffoons chatting about cats and such. Try it you will focus much more on the racing without the distraction and when electric bikes take over you will have already gotten over no bike sound.

Get David Bailey back in the booth if you want it done right.
TXDirt
2/4/2018 11:55am
I don't mind Ralph too much. Generally he does a good job. Emig is just awful. He literally brings nothing to the show. Nothing. So we can't blame Ralph too much. He's paired up with Emig who sucks badly. I literally would try anyone over Emig.

Blair on the other hand brings a level of excitement that makes the broadcast better. Pair Blair and Ralph and get rid of Emig.

And yes,RC was a great rider but is obviously a terrible infield reporter.

Juliana would be better if they stopped giving her stupid shit to do. No one cares about twitter pictures. Get her in the pits talking to the riders or something. Anything other then the twitter crap. So I can't fault her too much. It's a shitty segment and Jennifer Aniston herself could not make it any better.
2/4/2018 12:07pm Edited Date/Time 2/4/2018 12:08pm
Crush wrote:
Fuckin Marvin's cats but no real race, technical or privateer insights... Replays all the time and missing the fucking action. Surely Feld must think if they...
Fuckin Marvin's cats but no real race, technical or privateer insights... Replays all the time and missing the fucking action. Surely Feld must think if they improved that there they could help their product...
x1000

I hate Ralph. So much so that if I ever meet him, I won’t be able to hold back. And that’s a shame because I’ve heard he’s a really nice guy.

I honestly dont mind Emig.

The TV production was horrid last night. Someone should lose their job. They couldn’t help but miss all the action.

And the cat sequence was the pinnacle of Ralph bring Ralph. He will try many times yet never top that moment of stupidity.

All that said, watch the X-Games. I imagine most here are not hardcore snowboarding enthusiasts. Listen to those announcers. Now imagine you actually ARE a hardcore snowboarding enthusiast. It’s REALLY bad. Might even make Ralph forgivable. I was actually gonna write a public apology thread to Ralph after watching some snowboard half pipe. Then “cat gate” happened. Causing me to revoke my sincere apology.

I imagine the executives at Monster & Feld are too high on their own success (and copius amounts of cocaine) to be critical of the TV product the way Vital MX fans are. Sigh.... Ralph is here to stay.

The Shop

2/4/2018 12:12pm
TXDirt wrote:
I don't mind Ralph too much. Generally he does a good job. Emig is just awful. He literally brings nothing to the show. Nothing. So we...
I don't mind Ralph too much. Generally he does a good job. Emig is just awful. He literally brings nothing to the show. Nothing. So we can't blame Ralph too much. He's paired up with Emig who sucks badly. I literally would try anyone over Emig.

Blair on the other hand brings a level of excitement that makes the broadcast better. Pair Blair and Ralph and get rid of Emig.

Juliana would be better if they stopped giving her stupid shit to do. No one cares about twitter pictures. Get her in the pits talking to the riders or something. Anything other then the twitter crap. So I can't fault her too much. It's a shitty segment and Jennifer Aniston herself could not make it any better.
Ralph was hot dogshit before Emig ever joined him in the booth.

Ralph was hot dogshit before he ever joined SX.

Ralph is hot dogshit at dealer shows where the OEMs hire him to host the press launches.

Hot dogshit is offended to even be associated with Ralph.

Emig has NOTHING to do with how bad Ralph is, was, and always will be.
TDeath21
2/4/2018 12:49pm
Is it that hard to do split screen replays? My goodness.
captmoto
2/4/2018 1:08pm
Does Feld give sfuck or is it Fox that doesn't give a fuck.
90smoto
2/4/2018 2:01pm Edited Date/Time 2/4/2018 2:02pm
TXDirt wrote:
I don't mind Ralph too much. Generally he does a good job. Emig is just awful. He literally brings nothing to the show. Nothing. So we...

That's spot on right there! Emig adds nothing. One of the worlds best racers in his time, but he brings zero of that knowledge or experience to the program. Blair is awesome though! I think him and Ralph would be a very solid combo.
chrisg19
Fantasy
4437th
2/7/2018 7:34am
toroP wrote:
Yes. A visionary producer could make the broadcast much more exciting. Direct the booth to call the race, not chat. Have someone off camera dedicated to...
Yes.
A visionary producer could make the broadcast much more exciting.

Direct the booth to call the race, not chat.
Have someone off camera dedicated to lap times and find who’s on the move and the battles as they’re developing, instead of showing the passes after the fact.

Call the race. Don’t chat about racers, practice, history, etc. That’s what the segments between races are for.

Closely watching lap times is far more compelling than the broadcast audio as it is now.

This.

I watch the gaps on the timing and scoring in the upper corner and it is easy to see who is making ground, yet we are stuck watching the 6th place rider with no one around him as the second place guy closes to under a second on the leader. Just horrible directing by whoever in the booth.
MudPup545
2/7/2018 7:51am
jj welks wrote:
The "moment of the race" was the start and they had the clip shown like 5 mins into the race who the hell plans that?
The sponsors money that pays for the segment.
NATEP231
2/7/2018 7:54am Edited Date/Time 2/7/2018 7:56am
I’m thinking this could be a real good team:
In the booth

On the floor

Behind the scenes actually doing shit

Tech tip of the week (NOT a after dark segment haha)

Post race interviews

Post a reply to: When does Feld look at their TV team

The Latest