Wheelie Boys Threads

Roostermx58
7/7/2017 10:23am
disbanded wrote:
Take it your city council if you actually want to do something about it. It's Non-Moto!
Not sure how dealerships in the news that sell moto bikes is non-moto. Huh
tcallahan707
7/7/2017 10:29am Edited Date/Time 7/7/2017 10:29am
disbanded wrote:
Take it your city council if you actually want to do something about it. It's Non-Moto!
When mainstream media acts like these dudes are motocross riders, it becomes moto related. When thieves steal from motocross riders and motocross dealers, its moto related. Don't read the thread if you don't feel that it's related to you.

I'd gladly take it to my city council if it was an issue in my city. Something tells me they wouldn't listen until the virus is as bad or worse than some of the cities on the east coast. And we've all seen how hard it is to put the toothpaste back in the tube once it's gotten out.
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
7/7/2017 10:30am
Do many dealers post here? A discussion about this would include them for sure.
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
7/7/2017 10:36am
When mainstream media acts like these dudes are motocross riders, it becomes moto related. When thieves steal from motocross riders and motocross dealers, its moto related...
When mainstream media acts like these dudes are motocross riders, it becomes moto related. When thieves steal from motocross riders and motocross dealers, its moto related. Don't read the thread if you don't feel that it's related to you.

I'd gladly take it to my city council if it was an issue in my city. Something tells me they wouldn't listen until the virus is as bad or worse than some of the cities on the east coast. And we've all seen how hard it is to put the toothpaste back in the tube once it's gotten out.
Believe me, I've tried to get all of the negative bullshit out of my life and not read stuff like this, including comments on Facebook and Youtube. Sometimes it's impossible to avoid, but I try hard not to get sucked in. But sometimes I still do...

I've discovered it's usually when I am having a bad pain day that I find myself arguing with people online...
Like right now! Oh, and thanks for reminding me to pick up some toothpaste.

The Shop

Roostermx58
7/7/2017 10:37am
disbanded wrote:
Do many dealers post here? A discussion about this would include them for sure.
Actually, there are a number of dealers or employees at dealerships that post in these forums. You can go to any thread where an OP is asking for the best deal on a bike or when the latest models will be available.
mxb2
7/7/2017 10:39am
How many on vital have worked, work or live in the inner city? Most of the problems start there and snowball out to other areas. Kinda frustrating if you are around it, if you are not ,you don't understand the problems it causes. Traffic, crimes, $$ lost, insurance costs,
tcallahan707
7/7/2017 10:50am
When mainstream media acts like these dudes are motocross riders, it becomes moto related. When thieves steal from motocross riders and motocross dealers, its moto related...

disbanded wrote:
Believe me, I've tried to get all of the negative bullshit out of my life and not read stuff like this, including comments on Facebook and...
Believe me, I've tried to get all of the negative bullshit out of my life and not read stuff like this, including comments on Facebook and Youtube. Sometimes it's impossible to avoid, but I try hard not to get sucked in. But sometimes I still do...

I've discovered it's usually when I am having a bad pain day that I find myself arguing with people online...
Like right now! Oh, and thanks for reminding me to pick up some toothpaste.
I think we'd all be much better off if we could do that. But if you gotta choose between putting up with a few distasteful comments and not remembering the toothpaste, I'd say it's worth it to get online!

I don't consider every disagreement in opinion an argument. I'm happy to have a discussion with someone if it's reasonable. Odds are neither of us will change our minds but that's ok. It's enjoyable to create well thought out ideas and debate them. That's one of the perks of being in the middle of the bell curve. We all have different opinions but we are reasonable people. How boring would it be to be on the far left or right of the spectrum and you only interact with everyone who agrees with you?
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
7/7/2017 10:56am
I think we'd all be much better off if we could do that. But if you gotta choose between putting up with a few distasteful comments...
I think we'd all be much better off if we could do that. But if you gotta choose between putting up with a few distasteful comments and not remembering the toothpaste, I'd say it's worth it to get online!

I don't consider every disagreement in opinion an argument. I'm happy to have a discussion with someone if it's reasonable. Odds are neither of us will change our minds but that's ok. It's enjoyable to create well thought out ideas and debate them. That's one of the perks of being in the middle of the bell curve. We all have different opinions but we are reasonable people. How boring would it be to be on the far left or right of the spectrum and you only interact with everyone who agrees with you?
Unfortunately, I feel like most people these days seem to be very cut and dry with their opinions and beliefs.

And it's almost impossible to have a meaningful discussion with someone that already has their mind made up.
But that is what I see online.
tcallahan707
7/7/2017 11:03am
I think we'd all be much better off if we could do that. But if you gotta choose between putting up with a few distasteful comments...

disbanded wrote:
Unfortunately, I feel like most people these days seem to be very cut and dry with their opinions and beliefs. And it's almost impossible to have...
Unfortunately, I feel like most people these days seem to be very cut and dry with their opinions and beliefs.

And it's almost impossible to have a meaningful discussion with someone that already has their mind made up.
But that is what I see online.
Can't argue with that. I try to do my part to show that discussions can still happen, even if there isn't agreement.
machine
7/7/2017 12:39pm
I agree with Guyb on ONE thing, no more wheelie boy threads.

Only here can a thread about no wheelie boys threads, become a wheelie boy thread...Grinning

It is technically moto related, but its unavoidable to not become about politics. Its best to stick with topics that dont divide us. This becomes a liberal vs conservative topic every time without fail.

Carry on...Smile
JC21
7/7/2017 1:07pm
Wouldn't it be better to keep wheelie boys threads as a honey pot? The topic can definitely be controversial and using it as a filter to clip violent or racist posters would be practical and efficient - fish in a barrel you know.

I wouldn't be aware of the full extent of the theft problem if not for vital. It makes me more vigilant, my bikes are now much safer thanks to these forums, essentially reminding me that people will take what I've got.

Not talking about the issue only helps thieves
JRT812
7/7/2017 1:22pm
JC21 wrote:
Wouldn't it be better to keep wheelie boys threads as a honey pot? The topic can definitely be controversial and using it as a filter to...
Wouldn't it be better to keep wheelie boys threads as a honey pot? The topic can definitely be controversial and using it as a filter to clip violent or racist posters would be practical and efficient - fish in a barrel you know.

I wouldn't be aware of the full extent of the theft problem if not for vital. It makes me more vigilant, my bikes are now much safer thanks to these forums, essentially reminding me that people will take what I've got.

Not talking about the issue only helps thieves
Maybe and I like where your head is at, but that seems like a lot of additional work for the moderators. Maybe not and I do not want to speak for them. As far as not knowing about the thieves unless a thread is created.... I suggest you stay vigilant and not become stagnate with your surroundings. Honestly, no offense, but I do not need a thread or a news posting to remind me that some people may want my stuff and have no issue taking it from me.
Mini Elsinore
7/7/2017 2:32pm
Threats aren't cool, generally.
Suppressing industry news isn't cool, either. Whistling
If a dealer is hit----it's news. The facts surrounding the crime (including physical description of the perps) may make some 'uncomfortable', but such is life. The world is mean, and those in denial are sure to be preyed upon. Tell it, tell it.
BMSOBx2
7/7/2017 2:43pm
Deleting wheelie boy robbery threads isn't very tolerant. Seems like victim blaming to me.
The thread wasn't deleted. It lives on in the Dumbgeon minus a few over the top comments. Discuss it there if you must.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/7/2017 2:54pm
Deleting wheelie boy robbery threads isn't very tolerant. Seems like victim blaming to me.
I don't think it's unfair to say that these threads are like flypaper for idiots.
VxeR
7/7/2017 3:09pm
aeffertz wrote:
One things for sure, the threads definitely aren't Moto-Related.
Bike thefts at motocross dealerships aren't moto-related?
alright
Wells423
12/5/2018 5:40pm Edited Date/Time 12/5/2018 5:40pm
The only wheelie boy/stolen bike thread page that’s allowed to stay in moto related was started by the all swing eye of vital to inform us that there will be zero tolerance of condemning thieves or the wheelie boys. Hypocrisy at its finest. Before you ask it was a huge shovel.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
12/5/2018 5:52pm
Wells423 wrote:
The only wheelie boy/stolen bike thread page that’s allowed to stay in moto related was started by the all swing eye of vital to inform us...
The only wheelie boy/stolen bike thread page that’s allowed to stay in moto related was started by the all swing eye of vital to inform us that there will be zero tolerance of condemning thieves or the wheelie boys. Hypocrisy at its finest. Before you ask it was a huge shovel.
Congrats on dredging up this oldie.

Post a reply to: Wheelie Boys Threads

The Latest