Wheelie Boy Vid

CKNY
Edited Date/Time 7/26/2021 9:10pm
Did Lenny get another thread clipped?
|
CivBars
7/21/2021 1:33pm
You mean The 14 Year Old Bike Prodigy of Watts? @Mr.Dirtbike_Kid ?

It's easier to crop dust rather than pull the weeds
Tumic
7/21/2021 1:35pm
Can we just stop giving that shit exposure?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/21/2021 3:24pm
CKNY wrote:
Did Lenny get another thread clipped?
No, a lot of low-level racism got it clipped.

The Shop

CivBars
7/21/2021 3:54pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Pro Tip: Don't start wheelie boy threads.
That's the advice? Self censorship?

Personally, I'd start with the intolerance.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/21/2021 4:20pm
CivBars wrote:

They always turn into a shit show and you know that. Nothing good ever comes out of them, so why start them?

Case and point, the thread got axed and another member got clipped. Never fails.
CivBars
7/21/2021 4:50pm
CivBars wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
They always turn into a shit show and you know that. Nothing good ever comes out of them, so why start them? Case and point, the...
They always turn into a shit show and you know that. Nothing good ever comes out of them, so why start them?

Case and point, the thread got axed and another member got clipped. Never fails.
I understand why you have that outlook and I respect that you don't think that anything good comes from posting a video about someone riding a dirt bike on a dirt bike forum, but

1) That thread had more positivity and open minded solutions to peoples ignorant 'problems' than I'd ever seen. It's a shame that it's gone due the racist comments, as Guy B said.

2) Fortunately I have a more optimistic perspective and I didn't foresee any problem with sharing the content nor do I see a problem with sharing any content related to the subject in the future as I have faith in humanity and that it won't be taboo to post something akin to that.
7/21/2021 6:24pm
CivBars wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
They always turn into a shit show and you know that. Nothing good ever comes out of them, so why start them? Case and point, the...

CivBars wrote:
I understand why you have that outlook and I respect that you don't think that anything good comes from posting a video about someone riding a...
I understand why you have that outlook and I respect that you don't think that anything good comes from posting a video about someone riding a dirt bike on a dirt bike forum, but

1) That thread had more positivity and open minded solutions to peoples ignorant 'problems' than I'd ever seen. It's a shame that it's gone due the racist comments, as Guy B said.

2) Fortunately I have a more optimistic perspective and I didn't foresee any problem with sharing the content nor do I see a problem with sharing any content related to the subject in the future as I have faith in humanity and that it won't be taboo to post something akin to that.
Criminal behavior should NOT be tolerated on this forum. Last time I checked, riding a dirtbike on public roads/ riding in mob mentality/running from police/straight up thuggery/intimidation of other road users is a criminal offense. These videos and forum posts should be deleted right away. By allowing these posts to stay up means the mods are enabling this behavior.
CivBars
7/21/2021 6:42pm
The video posted, comments and reason it was removed has next to nothing to do with what you said.

That list of criminal offenses is both misleading to what was portrayed in the video and ridiculous in it's own right.
wisey
Fantasy
1341st
7/21/2021 6:54pm
Criminal behavior should NOT be tolerated on this forum. Last time I checked, riding a dirtbike on public roads/ riding in mob mentality/running from police/straight up...
Criminal behavior should NOT be tolerated on this forum. Last time I checked, riding a dirtbike on public roads/ riding in mob mentality/running from police/straight up thuggery/intimidation of other road users is a criminal offense. These videos and forum posts should be deleted right away. By allowing these posts to stay up means the mods are enabling this behavior.
This is such a simple thing everyone is ignoring. If you are doing something illegal you should be punished not idolized on some BS social media platform.
TeamGreen
7/21/2021 6:58pm
CivBars wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Mav, to make a contribution to your point:

All the “Wheelie Boy” type stuff is NON MOTO. Ain’t NUTHIN Moto about the big city law-breaking wheelie thru town scene.

At all.
Highflier
7/21/2021 6:58pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2021 6:58pm
Nah, think you’re wrong on this one Civ….it’s not race intolerance.

We’re all welcome to our opinions but the message Wheelie Boys type vids want to convey is public street mayhem on dirt bikes is awesome and nobody can stop us.
If not that they’d film at off street locations, but that’s not the angle they want.

The skills are amazing but the locations aren’t ideal.

For example, videos of guys bombing into a grocery store on 110’s and ripping around for a min before running off isn’t cool either.
Pranks amongst friends are funny, pranks scaring regular people to make you laugh aren’t.

The intolerance there is the same as street mayhem, not cool.

Nothing to do with who it is doing it.

7/21/2021 7:05pm
CivBars wrote:
The video posted, comments and reason it was removed has next to nothing to do with what you said. That list of criminal offenses is both...
The video posted, comments and reason it was removed has next to nothing to do with what you said.

That list of criminal offenses is both misleading to what was portrayed in the video and ridiculous in it's own right.
I'm not talking about that video. I'm talking about what all wheelie boys forum posts represent. Criminal activity idolized on social media platforms.
crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
7/21/2021 7:06pm
Wheelies are corny af. Find some natural hits and go film some big inner city jumps or something. Y’all have over a foot of suspension you’re just wasting. Till then, the prodigy talk is a joke. JS7 could ride wheelies when he was 6.
CivBars
7/21/2021 7:16pm
Highflier wrote:
Nah, think you’re wrong on this one Civ….it’s not race intolerance. We’re all welcome to our opinions but the message Wheelie Boys type vids want to...
Nah, think you’re wrong on this one Civ….it’s not race intolerance.

We’re all welcome to our opinions but the message Wheelie Boys type vids want to convey is public street mayhem on dirt bikes is awesome and nobody can stop us.
If not that they’d film at off street locations, but that’s not the angle they want.

The skills are amazing but the locations aren’t ideal.

For example, videos of guys bombing into a grocery store on 110’s and ripping around for a min before running off isn’t cool either.
Pranks amongst friends are funny, pranks scaring regular people to make you laugh aren’t.

The intolerance there is the same as street mayhem, not cool.

Nothing to do with who it is doing it.

I understand where you're coming from.

Low-level racism comments posted by forum members is what got the thread deleted though.

Train jump videos? Axel Hodges? Buttery? Deegan?

The list goes on. If a video of any of them riding on the street was posted, there would be no problem.

And that's the problem.
PNWRider
7/21/2021 8:40pm
CivBars wrote:
The video posted, comments and reason it was removed has next to nothing to do with what you said. That list of criminal offenses is both...

He was literally riding on public roads. That’s not dirt biking, it’s criminal behavior.
SoCalMX70
7/21/2021 8:51pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2021 8:54pm
wisey wrote:
This is such a simple thing everyone is ignoring. If you are doing something illegal you should be punished not idolized on some BS social media...
This is such a simple thing everyone is ignoring. If you are doing something illegal you should be punished not idolized on some BS social media platform.
And yet Buttery makes a living off of it... Haha funny shit.

There's a post on his IG right now of his buddy jumping down a street in LA. They constantly ride their pit bikes around town and no one bats an eye.

No one cares, he's idolized, and makes money. Even better, he's a grown ass man.

To be clear, I don't give a shit. They can have at it.
SoCalMX70
7/21/2021 8:57pm
CivBars wrote:
I understand where you're coming from. Low-level racism comments posted by forum members is what got the thread deleted though. Train jump videos? Axel Hodges? Buttery...
I understand where you're coming from.

Low-level racism comments posted by forum members is what got the thread deleted though.

Train jump videos? Axel Hodges? Buttery? Deegan?

The list goes on. If a video of any of them riding on the street was posted, there would be no problem.

And that's the problem.
Nah man we can't tolerate it. They're breaking the law! Hurry, everyone tell Buttery's half a million followers it just isn't cool!

Lol...
7/21/2021 11:12pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2021 11:17pm
This whole thread is why we can't have nice things.

B Lenny
7/22/2021 12:04am
Don't big companies frown on stuff like this?..I call them tomorrow and see what their policy is...Whistling
fins227
7/22/2021 5:14am
B Lenny wrote:
Don't big companies frown on stuff like this?..I call them tomorrow and see what their policy is...Whistling
You’ve never been to Kentucky
motoxxx599
Fantasy
875th
7/22/2021 6:03am
No one has ever questioned how Buttery or Axel attained their dirt bikes. How many posts on here are of guys who got their bikes stolen only to find them in wheelie boy videos on social media? How many times in Baltimore or Philly has someone on a dirt bike shot someone or committed other violent crimes? It’s in the news there constantly, literally daily. Our issue is not with the wheelie boy group riding on the street it’s the criminal activity that has historically accompanied their actions. We all work our asses off to maybe afford one bike every other year and when we see kids riding newer model dirt bikes who live in low cost housing we have the right to question how he attained his dirt bike. The bike the kid was riding in the video from yesterday had pre printed backgrounds and stickers on the upper fork legs from a suspension company along with GYTR graphics. I assumed it was once owned by a racer and wonder if that racer is missing his dirt bike? .. and before the race police come for me just know I look more like mr.dirtbikekid than Ken Roczen.
crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
7/22/2021 6:18am
Honestly, I think it would be fun as hell to rip through a big city running from cops. Tires are too expensive though. I cringe when I have to do a concrete gate drop.
CKNY
7/22/2021 7:03am
B Lenny wrote:
Snitches get stitches.

Post a reply to: Wheelie Boy Vid

The Latest